Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Person: I feel different in my views and this is isolating me from people.
Someone else: Yeah but.. Isn't that a bit self-righteous of you, saying your views are better? Like why do you think you're better?
Person: wait.. no :l

·
Banned
2,715 Posts
et adducam inimicos tuos de terra qua nescis quia ignis succensus est in furore meo super vos ardebit

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Maybe you should surround yourself with better people, because on those who think they are better at something, or think their view about a topic or subject is better, is not very interesting. It tells me they are closed minded, as If they know all and don't have anything to learn or share.

People like this actually bore me to tears to be honest. It tells me they have nothing of substance to teach, they are looking through a very narrow scope.

These lines: I feel different in my views and this is isolating me from people.....This reads in my mind, I'm a victim, I'm so different from the rest in society, I'm a special snowflake so therefore I can't deal. I blame others for my Isolation, If only they would agree with my view I could feel more secure with who I am. Sounds very INFJish, always the victim wa wa wa.

Each and everyone one of us is unique in our own way, blaming others for your own shortcomings ( in this case having different views ) so therefore not becoming involved in topics or ideas that may be different from your own, is not Isolation, it is low self esteem/Insecurity of what others might think.

Not one drop of the opinion of another should define who you are, so my suggestion is say how you feel, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.:wink:

Reactions: shedreamt and Sygma

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
Not much to add after that :D

·
Registered
707 Posts
These lines: I feel different in my views and this is isolating me from people.....This reads in my mind, I'm a victim, I'm so different from the rest in society, I'm a special snowflake so therefore I can't deal. I blame others for my Isolation, If only they would agree with my view I could feel more secure with who I am. Sounds very INFJish, always the victim wa wa wa.

Each and everyone one of us is unique in our own way, blaming others for your own shortcomings ( in this case having different views ) so therefore not becoming involved in topics or ideas that may be different from your own, is not Isolation, it is low self esteem/Insecurity of what others might think.
I must say I disagree. I mean have you ever been the only religious person in a group? The only liberal in your family? Have you ever been the black sheep? Not a special snowflake, just a lonely one?'

In such situations you either have to stick to what you believe in, or compromise your identity.

Reactions: QueCueYew

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah well saying that your views are different than those around you and thus you feel isolated doesnt mean you're better than anyone. It simply means you have no one to relate to. It's quite natural. So i'd have to disagree with you here.

On OP, I can't say anyone has directly said;
Someone else: Yeah but.. Isn't that a bit self-righteous of you, saying your views are better? Like why do you think you're better?
To me, but I do relate to what you're saying at first; I have very different views on many things to my friends, and it does at times make me feel quite.. Isolated as you put it.

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
Person: I feel different in my views and this is isolating me from people.
Person: wait.. no :l
Isn't misunderstanding a bitch ? and also dealin with judgmental people ? :tongue:

Did you ever actually manage to finish sentences of others that were amazed, but to you its mainly because what they were about to say was just like, predictable thus boring and easy to perceive ?

I'm not sayin that in a "superior" way. Its just that yeah, welcome in Ne+Fi world. My ESFJ mum and ENTP dad just absolutely cant stand that I don't see things in black and white.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I'm going to respond to the first post only.

It seems like they're projecting their own holier-than-thou attributes, the statement of "I feel different, and this isolates me" implies no sense of superiority, only difference. I believe they are just putting words into people's mouths, which is a little different than someone being accidentally self righteous. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your point, but the words you used in the sample discourse seemed pretty straightforward. I think the "some other person" is just an idiot.

Reactions: Yuky

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah, I may have many acquaintances but because of the fact that not many people may see my views as something important or worth looking into, that's why I keep a handful a friends.

However, it wouldn't necessarily be ..righteous?
Might be opinions people don't normally look into though.

so *nods* c:

·
Registered
687 Posts
It's not that I think my views are better... It's just...

Other. People.

Just read those two words several times, slowly, and it all starts to make sense..

^_~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts