Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Im Infj, but I just keep thinking about the types, so the two above keeps on poping up in my head.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah, the friend who introduced me to MBTI (who is an MBTI-fanatic) had mistaken me for being an ENFP until he made me take the test, because I acted bubbly and outgoing all the time. I thought I was an ENFP too because I act a lot like my ENFP friend. (It was probably Fe?)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Yeah, the friend who introduced me to MBTI (who is an MBTI-fanatic) had mistaken me for being an ENFP until he made me take the test, because I acted bubbly and outgoing all the time. I thought I was an ENFP too because I act a lot like my ENFP friend. (It was probably Fe?)
YES!

I would agree with you on that.
I was confused for a long type about my type.

fe is actaully a much more louder function than Ne is.
Ne is typically quieter and observing.

you can tell the INFJ's in the room, cause they will be over-exhausting themselves in trying to make the atmosphere a positive one... thinking... I can't wait until I can escape to the bathroom for a couple secs to just breathe. but then we are right back out in the chaos of things doing our part and feeling great about getting all tired out. :)

I typically don't do too much talking but now that I am older I am more loud.
funny though. I was always a loud mouth in my youth around family and friends. just not typically at school. to worried about fitting in.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I typically get along well with INFPs, but I think we are *definitely* different types.

Try to pin an INFP down to making a decision... and you'll see where the differences lie.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you actually make them make a decision?
Because although I sometimes think that I have to always answer people's questions, I keep telling myself afterwards, that I don't have to answer them if I don't want to. But that all goes out of the window sometime later I guess. lol:frustrating:

Reactions: SarahWilliams

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My two good friends on here our enfp and infp with them it's like a instant connection.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, would someone tell me what type would the eyes of the person as my avater, would be?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
My brother is an INFP and we get along great. I also know another INFP who happens to be one of my favorite people. Although I normally enjoy the company of INTJ's since they always have something on their mind.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I generally don't relate to extroverts at all.

Don't really know any INFPs.

For the longest time I didn't prefer extroverts at all, but enfp's are the most introverts of extroverts and a true joy to know when you can sit down in talk to them after their done doing what they do they really love to take in a mature conversation. I really enjoy it. You would enjoy meeting one. ENFP's have a similar views as we do. we just show different part of the promblem.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For the longest time I didn't prefer extroverts at all, but enfp's are the most introverts of extroverts and a true joy to know when you can sit down in talk to them after their done doing what they do they really love to take in a mature conversation. I really enjoy it. You would be enjoying meeting one. ENFP's have a similar view as we do. we just show different parts of the problem.
And thats why, I though I was an ENFP, at one time.

Reactions: nikkii

·
Registered
227 Posts
Can you actually make them make a decision?
Because although I sometimes think that I have to always answer people's questions, I keep telling myself afterwards, that I don't have to answer them if I don't want to. But that all goes out of the window sometime later I guess. lol:frustrating:
I'm pretty sure it's impossible. If I wasn't veg, I would never know what to order at restraunts. If I'm buying clothes, I talk to one of the people in the store and make them decide what I"ll buy for me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm pretty sure it's impossible. If I wasn't veg, I would never know what to order at restraunts. If I'm buying clothes, I talk to one of the people in the store and make them decide what I"ll buy for me.
Thanks!!! That really cleared up the Infp, and Infj thing.

Now...only if someone could clear up the enfp, and infj type differences.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
yeah this is a tough one.. even though i'm 95% sure i'm ENFP, i still have my moments when i think i might be INFJ.. i relate to things people say on here almost as much as on the ENFP forum.

i tend to have a set of moral "rules" which i've developed, often they seem quite random compared to what i've actually experienced, but i'm pretty sure that must be my Fi.
but then again i'm sure i've used Fe very efficiently in group situations before to make everyone feel happy and included. but no i definitely use Ne much more than Ni.

basically Ni-Se takes in sensory information and subtly knits it into an INFJs internal view of the world to make a big picture framework of everything. (that's right?)
Ne-Si sees reoccuring patterns and intuitively connects the dots between past and present patterns which are seen. that's why ENFPs have a knack for learning new things where concepts are involved very quickly, because we relate it to other things and all we have to do is measure out the remaining difference.
for example- an ENFP learning hockey instantly introduces as many concepts as they can from being good at soccer and other sports, then just tries things out to fill in the rest. once an overall concept is reached ENFPs tend to plateau, because we feel that once we have a sufficient understanding of everything about something we don't need to motivate ourselves to improve through routine or practice. that's also my theory on why ENFPs find it hard to follow through- once we stop learning and start routine we don't see the point.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, Im by how shallow the mbti can be.

·
Registered
509 Posts
INFPs are awesome. I don't feel like I relate to them very well though. Or better said, I don't feel like we are on the same level. Not a better than, lesser than level. Just that we are on two separate paths. If that makes sense.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts