Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering because lots of intuitives here says they're sensotards..

Is there an intuitive who doesn't feel sensory retardation?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
To answer your question, no - it does not make you prefer intuition over sensing.

I sometimes have difficulty dealing with Se in terms of communication (I think it's my PoLR). This type of communication is never properly reciprocated by me. Something I've spent a lot of time working on.

Si on the other hand is fine.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My first time hearing the term sensotard. I would think intuitives are naturally less likely to have developed their sensing functions, except maybe their tertiary. You could find some that have, but the odds are against it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
no but it's way higher of a likelihood for an intuitive to be sensory challenged, I don't think i've ever seen a clumsy sensor and while not every intuitive is clumsy all the ones i've known have happened to be intuitive

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
Not necessarily. I sometimes see aux Sensors who haven't grasped their sensing functional all (if that's what you're getting at). Usually the ones who have the roughest time with their sensing functions are those with an inferior sensing function though, although the number of balanced INFJs on this thread seem to crush that theory.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I suspect that the internet selects for "sensotards". People who are more in tune with their physical selves would be more likely to seek out forms of recreation that don't involve sitting in front of a computer screen.

Not necessarily. I sometimes see aux Sensors who haven't grasped their sensing functional all (if that's what you're getting at). Usually the ones who have the roughest time with their sensing functions are those with an inferior sensing function though, although the number of balanced INFJs on this thread seem to crush that theory.
I know an INFJ IRL who plays soccer competitively. For some reason INFJs seem to be less sensor-challenged than INTJs. I don't consider myself "sensotarded", but I also don't have the coordination needed to play sports at a high level.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
While "sensory retardation" is relatively common among Intuitives, it does not automatically make you one. You might suffer from some disorder that affects how you process sensory information, like Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD or Sensory Processing Disorder, and still be a Sensor. My brother is ESFP and he can be very clumsy, not as clumsy as me, but still. There also are Intuitives who are more balanced and are good at sports and that kind of thing.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,418 Posts
I might be,

Perhaps I should ESTP-myself to change that.

Though, compared to certain others I don't do so bad...

·
King of Swing
8,790 Posts
I don't think I'm an intuitard. I can talk about a lot... He who talks the stuff, knows the stuff... they also learn. Just different learns.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts