Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say people who are INTJ are always thinking. I am one and my mind never stops thinking. People say I am annoying and a lot of times think my constant talking and random ideas are annoying to listen to. I have also been said to be eccentric. How do you deal with that? :unsure: Is there a way to turn off your mind?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Stop being around such people, they have low IQ and perhaps learn a bit about popular trends, so people can understand whats the subject. I had same problem high school, nobody quite got what i was talking about :D

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
They say people who are INTJ are always thinking. I am one and my mind never stops thinking. People say I am annoying and a lot of times think my constant talking and random ideas are annoying to listen to. I have also been said to be eccentric. How do you deal with that? :unsure: Is there a way to turn off your mind?
It doesn't annoy me, I'm considered eccentric too. :)

One thing I learned to do early on in life that helped me... was to just keep my thoughts to myself. I just use my mind to try and figure out what people want me to say... and I say it. I still think a lot, I just try not to say what I'm thinking. I don't know if an INTJ could learn to do that, they often have this odd thing about bluntness/honesty.

But anyway... being INTJ by itself doesn't annoy people. There are people who would like how you are, and there are ways you could get better at interacting with even those who don't. MBTI is a great start... learning about communication difficulties between types.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
You probably won't ever be able to completely turn off your mind, but you can learn when and who it is appropriate to speak to about those thoughts. Speak these thoughts to the right people and they will encourage you and help refine your ideas. The wrong people will just get annoyed.

Proverbs 13:3 Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.

“It is not what you say that matters but the manner in which you say it; there lies the secret of the ages.” - William Carlos Williams

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think that people who constantly annoy others or people who constantly get annoyed or both have issues to deal with to become more healthy. No type as such is related to being annoying.

Also not being able to quiet your mind is not related to a particular type but is just a sign of work that needs to be done. Check out mindfulness practices for example. To be able to have a break from constantly active mind is a priviledge that only some are able to achieve, it takes some mental capacity.

By the way, random ideas? I could be wrong too but I relate random ideas to less developed use of intuition and not to INTJs at all.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Well, if you share your thoughts with people who think that they are strange, then share them with people who would be cool with it instead. And if you can't find people like that, then you could write them down in a journal, which could sell for a thousand bucks after you die! :crazy:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Random idea. Like what if the earth got sucked into a black hole, what if someone hacked the entire internet, what would happen if someone swallowed a wasp that flew in his pop? just random ideas that pop up out of a random stream of thoughts. Description: INTJ spend most of there time in there own head.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Random idea. Like what if the earth got sucked into a black hole, what if rats caught aids, what if someone hacked the entire internet, what would happen if someone swallowed wasps, what would happen if you infected a tick with a blood borne pathogen just random ideas that pop up out of a random stream of thoughts. Thinking is associated with INTJ. INTJ is known as the scientist. Scientists think of this type of stuff all the time.
Eh, this sounds more like Ne to be honest. I'm an INTJ and I don't get those random ideas as they aren't realistic, in fact this sounds a bit like an ENFP friend, who has many weird random ideas, like creating strange animals. My way of thinking is to find the core of a concept and to interpret symbols, so that way of perceiving things doesn't sound like Ni.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eh, this sounds more like Ne to be honest. I'm an INTJ and I don't get those random ideas as they aren't realistic, in fact this sounds a bit like an ENFP friend, who has many weird random ideas, like creating strange animals. My way of thinking is to find the core of a concept and to interpret symbols, so that way of perceiving things doesn't sound like Ni.
They are if you know science. Its called theoretical science. Its very possible to swallow a wasp. If you are outside and a insect crawls into your drink and you don't know you can end up drinking it. I really do not see how you don't realize this? This kind of stuff happens all the time. Also there is science videos on what would happen if the sun blew up and what if various things got sucked into a black hole. You should really learn about science its very interesting. There is also a theory saying that time does not exist. Its really funny you really do not know about any of this stuff. I guess you never been to a public outing since you learn not to leave your drink unintended. I guess some people just don't know much about science and so I guess this wouldn't sound realistic to you. I am shocked you are INTJ and you really do not know about any of this. Are you sure you got your type right? Also I know I am not an ENFP. I think you should retake the test. Since I think an INTJ would know something about science. Also I never said anything about something like Pokemon its science.

With Introverted Intuition dominating their personality, INTJs focus their energy on observing the world, and generating ideas and possibilities. Their mind constantly gathers information and makes associations about it. They are tremendously insightful and usually are very quick to understand new ideas. However, their primary interest is not understanding a concept, but rather applying that concept in a useful way. Unlike the INTP, they do not follow an idea as far as they possibly can, seeking only to understand it fully. INTJs are driven to come to conclusions about ideas. Their need for closure and organization usually requires that they take some action.

INTJ's tremendous value and need for systems and organization, combined with their natural insightfulness, makes them excellent scientists. An INTJ scientist gives a gift to society by putting their ideas into a useful form for others to follow. It is not easy for the INTJ to express their internal images, insights, and abstractions. The internal form of the INTJ's thoughts and concepts is highly individualized, and is not readily translatable into a form that others will understand. However, the INTJ is driven to translate their ideas into a plan or system that is usually readily explainable, rather than to do a direct translation of their thoughts. They usually don't see the value of a direct transaction, and will also have difficulty expressing their ideas, which are non-linear. However, their extreme respect of knowledge and intelligence will motivate them to explain themselves to another person who they feel is deserving of the effort.
<==== Please read the profile and you might want to retake the test yourself. You really do not sound like you fit this.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
They are if you know science. Its called theoretical science. Its very possible to swallow a wasp. If you are outside and a insect crawls into your drink and you don't know you can end up drinking it. I really do not see how you don't realize this? This kind of stuff happens all the time. Also there is science videos on what would happen if the sun blew up and what if various things got sucked into a black hole. You should really learn about science its very interesting. There is also a theory saying that time does not exist. Its really funny you really do not know about any of this stuff. I guess you never been to a public outing since you learn not to leave your drink unintended. I guess some people just don't know much about science and so I guess this would sound realistic to you. I am shocked you are INTJ and you really do not know about any of this. Are you sure you got your type right? Also I know I am not an ENFP.
I know about science, thank you. In fact I'm a chemistry student and have partial studies of biochemistry as well, and I love theoretical areas like thermodynamics and quantum mechanics. In fact I got the highest score on the science exam for applying into university, so I know a lot of science and it makes sense to me thanks to my NiTe. I've read about socionics and talked with other INTJs, so I know how to find out if someone is my identical, and I'm pretty much sure that you're not one of them. By the way I only mentioned my ENFP friend because she's a Ne dom and that kind of ideas strike me as Ne, while you strike me as some XNTP type, specially considering your nickname that points to weak but valued Fe.

Besides I'm not blind, so I can see that a bug ended in my drink even if my Se is inferior, so I will get another drink if that happens.

P.D.: that MBTI description sucks, and I don't bother anymore with MBTI at it's a poor's man version of Jung's ideas and socionics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really doubt that if you are stating that that such idea are unrealistic. You clearly dont believe in science if you say so. Also yes you can swallow an insect if you are not paying attention. I stopped someone from doing this since I watched a bee fall in after they left. Its not like this is impossible. Also you clearly do not realize what an INTJ is since its defined as Scientist/strategist. I not sure what your idea of INTJ is but if its not logical I am lost to what the type of really suppose to be. Also I never claimed to be your Identical I simply said my type.

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
Being INTJ doesn't inherently annoy people since a type just describes the perspectives you favor in reasoning, but being in the wrong section just might. This belongs in the INTJ forum. The Enneagram is a different system.

For someone who gives quotes that suggest they're a 'read the fucking manual' sort of person, it's kind of ironic.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
I don't really find myself getting many "random" ideas either. At least I don't experience them as random. >_> *Ne-user*

Still, I agree the OP doesn't sound like an INTJ.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Being INTJ doesn't inherently annoy people since a type just describes the perspectives you favor in reasoning, but being in the wrong section just might. This belongs in the INTJ forum. The Enneagram is a different system.

For someone who gives quotes that suggest they're a 'read the fucking manual' sort of person, it's kind of ironic.
I thought I clicked the right section when I put this up. Not sure how to navigate the website. Ill see if I can find moderator to see if he can do something about it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So are you going to argue that Intj can not like science and its out of character? Since Flare believes that theoretical science is not characteristically something an INTJ would think about since its unrealistic. Is thinking about the possibilities of such an event out of character for one?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts