Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I do that. While I can say I have very high standards for myself and my values are from within, I can change when I am given good evidence. An example of this is politics: say originally I was voting for Party A because they realised my own intrinsic values to a certain extent, but then Party B convinces me my values are in someway illogical or completely inaccurate. I tend to see my values/opinions as something not in stone, something that can be made different if the correct information and data came into the picture. This does seem quite Te, but that doesn't make sense considering the fact that I'm an INFP. Maybe I have a more developed Te? Or have I mistyped myself completely wrong and it is actually Fe? I am quite stubborn and critical by the way, I don't envelop some chameleon type bs to keep everyone happy - if I believe in something that you don't, you have to prove to me using facts and I will fire back.

For me, at least, in things like politics and basically anything non-art related should be treated with a logical, no bs way. Art like painting and writing are subjective mediums that lose their magic if seen as sciences rather than, well, art.

What the hell is it? Te? Or Fe? Or maybe even Ti/Fi?!?!?!! :confused::confused::confused:

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I think it's just called not being a dickhead.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
As a general trend, extroversion might lead into greater tendency to change opinion/perspective as new information comes about whereas introverts are probably slightly more hesitant in adapting to new stuff - though most people are capable of learning...

In your case I guess you're either being smart or brainwashed by one or both of these parties - really what matters is what kind of evidence/reasoning they have provided that makes you reconsider. Have they been providing examples of ethical realities people face in their everyday life or research data or facts and figures or political theory 101 or what?

·
MOTM January 2013
10,622 Posts
Your judgements just become more refined overtime. Or they may become more discombobulated, that might have something to do with your enneatype or inferior function grips, both have negative effects on your life, your judgements too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts