Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So being the usual crazy INFP I am, I am obsessing about the ISTJ in my life again -_-

Do these traits/behaviors sound particularly ISTJ btw?

- Once on my birthday, we wanted to talk so badly and he left his bike outside my house. He forgot to lock it, then it was stolen. I texted him the next day apologizing for it, but he said something like,''don't worry about it, shit happens.''

- Even when he's nervous, he likes to appear calm about it in public. However when he feels insulted, sometimes he can lash about it in public. Once he said,''fuck off'' in a speech.

- He's straightforward when it comes to some things, but extremely indirect when it comes to deep things.

- He studies best in a huge open area space, rather than at home.

- Once he travelled in Japan with his family, and for some reason he knew about the directions beforehand so when he wandered off, his sister got worried but in the end he came back.

Ceh..just felt like talking a lot today.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
My dad is an ISTJ, and some of that does remind me of him.

Once on my birthday, we wanted to talk so badly and he left his bike outside my house. He forgot to lock it, then it was stolen. I texted him the next day apologizing for it, but he said something like,''don't worry about it, shit happens.''
I've noticed that my dad can be seemingly absent-minded about some things. But he doesn't get too worked up when things end badly because of that.

- Once he travelled in Japan with his family, and for some reason he knew about the directions beforehand so when he wandered off, his sister got worried but in the end he came back.
I think that could be associated with strong Si, so definitely SJ, atleast!

Even when he's nervous, he likes to appear calm about it in public.
This reminds me of my dad a lot only because I've noticed that he has this tendency to hide negative feelings of sorts. If he's stressed out, he doesn't readily show it. Same with when he's nervous, apprehensive, unsure, etc...You most likely won't even know unless you ask him and he seems to go on with his duties no matter what. And he also doesn't really get angry very easily.

I'm not sure if these are common ISTJ traits, but I've noticed them in my dad and could somewhat relate them to some of what's in your list :crazy:

Reactions: Raichan

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh another thing..he likes to eavesdrop on conversations to get the information he wants.... Hahahahaha... And he often does it with an expressionless face

Ahhh I adore him
:crazy:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I recently found out that my closest guy friend is an ISTJ. So I guess I can confirm some things for you, since lately I've been pondering more about the differences between male and female ISTJs.

All of the things you mentioned are true as well for the ISTJ guy I know. I know that we will both be willing to give up some material thing in exchange for a great moment of human interaction, if we are close with that person (I've seen it happen to both of us, but more him than myself). I also know that we both like to be overly prepared for anything (like your directions in Japan story). That means that we can then appear calm, which we like- because then we feel in control (like your observations about being nervous but still looking calm). I do know that I lash out at people at times, but I have never seen him do that. It's amazing- he is so damn calm under pressure. I know he must be nervous inside, but his facial expressions show nothing but calmness. As for the indirect about deeps things, it's the same with both of us. We both just don't know about the deep things or are too afraid to really be open about our true feelings concerning those deep things.

Oh another thing..he likes to eavesdrop on conversations to get the information he wants.... Hahahahaha... And he often does it with an expressionless face.
I am so guilty of this. But at least I can do it while multitasking and sort of mask it while talking to another person. My ISTJ guy friend has a blank face too when he does this. Lol.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I don't know...

So being the usual crazy INFP I am, I am obsessing about the ISTJ in my life again -_-

Do these traits/behaviors sound particularly ISTJ btw?

- Once on my birthday, we wanted to talk so badly and he left his bike outside my house. He forgot to lock it, then it was stolen. I texted him the next day apologizing for it, but he said something like,''don't worry about it, shit happens.''

- Even when he's nervous, he likes to appear calm about it in public. However when he feels insulted, sometimes he can lash about it in public. Once he said,''fuck off'' in a speech.

- He's straightforward when it comes to some things, but extremely indirect when it comes to deep things.

- He studies best in a huge open area space, rather than at home.

Ceh..just felt like talking a lot today.
Sorta? But not really. I don't speak with a lot of knowledge on the "lingo" or "meanings" I'm simply looking at how I would react in those situations, and two of the tests I took said I was an ISTJ, so take it for what its worth.

Birthday, yes. I always say, "It is what it is". "Shit happens" works as well though.

I don't agree with the indirect part, I'm usually very direct with people that are really close to me (Assuming he's your BF?) However, with people i'm not close to yes, I am very indirect about deep(er) emotional things for sure. So it kinda depends on you guys' relationship.

Never really studied anywhere besides my room, but I can't have distraction when i'm trying to study.

Hard to say on the last part, I usually do my own thing, but tend to give at least someone a heads up so no one worries.

That is all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts