Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on powerful prescription drugs for 15+ years for insomnia which caused side effects that required more medications. Marijuana is not a legal option in my state. Last time I used it regularly I didn't have insomnia. I tried CBD oil & it did nothing but it doesn't have THC. If marijuana would possibly help I will leave my state to try it. Anyone try it for insomnia? Does it work?

Reactions: WickerDeer

·
Retired Administrator
18,680 Posts
I've been on powerful prescription drugs for 15+ years for insomnia which caused side effects that required more medications. Marijuana is not a legal option in my state. Last time I used it regularly I didn't have insomnia. I tried CBD oil & it did nothing but it doesn't have THC. If marijuana would possibly help I will leave my state to try it. Anyone try it for insomnia? Does it work?
Insomnia's really tough to deal with.

Cannabis works for some people but it doesn't for others, and for some it's the type of cannabis and the amount that matters. If you are going to try it, you should start with the smallest amount and pay special attention to what type you're using.

(like many folk knowledge will say that sativa is more stimulating while indica is more of the sleepy type. But for some people it's the opposite.)

But yeah it does work for some people.

I used to use ABX sleepytime sublingual sometimes.

There are some other herbs/stuff that can help:

passion flower is an herb native to the Americas and it was used as a sedative. It could help with sleep. It's fairly mild but sometimes taking the edge off with something like that plus doing a meditation can help (I mean...it's hard to know what will work for you).

Ashwaghanda might help. L-theanine could possibly help as well. People sometimes take California Poppy to help--you could research it.

People often use valerian but I've never liked it, plus it's dangerous to combine with alcohol (though I've heard you can combine with melatonin).

Obviously there's also melatonin, but you probably already know about it.

Additionally, blue light interferes with the production of sleep hormones, so having a warm light app or timer on any electronics you use close to bedtime could help. Or having a special warm light you put on in the evenings.

It's not easy so sorry I'm going into this a lot, but yeah marijuana helps some people for sleep. But it can also do the opposite...it's worth a try, and you should use the smallest amount and work your way up (if you are not smoking it, especially).

I use a combo of things for insomnia, but the main thing that helps me is meditation.

I don't know if she does any sleep meditations, but I have been listening to her for relaxation which can also help with sleep.

I completely support the use of medical marijuana though (and recreational). I hope your state legalizes it soon--it should be legalized on a federal level, imo, just because it is used for so many health conditions and that shouldn't be stigmatized.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CBD oil, 40 mg twice a day, helped me to fight insomnia. It actually depends on the product and the concentration of CBD it contains. But maybe it doesn't work for you because I've read in other threads that CBD oil has no effect, and for others, it always causes drowsiness when they consume it. I'm probably more lucky than others; who knows. I consume CBD oil which I sell. I have an online store, and besides oil, I also sell other CBD products. It is a business in which I invest a lot of soul and time. Now I try to automate better the sale and purchase process and the people from parsl.co help me a lot with this.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also heard about it. I even really want to try CBD to treat my insomnia problems. The thing is that I'm a night owl. It's not easy to fall asleep for me and I hate waking up in the morning, especially early, ugh. But my schedule requires it. I addressed my doc to prescribe me sleeping pills, but I feel dizzy the next day. And I'm also a little bit scary of those side effects mentioned in med's precautions. So I'm seriously disposed to find a natural solution that could help me to fall asleep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts