Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...does it?

I am thinking particularly in story writing or creation, and charicter formation. I've noticed differences in how I concieve and write charicters and plots compaired to my INFJ friend, which could be MBTI related.

How about other people?

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I'm sure it certainly would impact writing in terms of fictionalized characters and plot. I know in my creative writing classes I'm always slapped on the wrist for focusing too much on cliched stuff like love and romance and relationships between two people, and I'm sure thinker types would never have that issue.

But in terms of formal writing style-- like syntax, etc. -- I don't think MBTI is relevant.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I agree with Viva in that I think it is very much MBTI related, although there will obviously be some exceptions. In general though during the likes of *character creation, I'd say yes.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Yes. I write very technically, without much emotion.
Although, I am highly metaphorical, figurative, and speak in abstractions of all sorts.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I enjoy writing short stories and primarily enjoy creating the verbal exchange between characters and how each character's personality feeds off of other characters, and of course their emotions and motivation. To me that's more interesting than the plot itself sometimes, though the plot is definitely important. I don't know if that's really a characteristic of an ENFP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts