Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hear me out.

We were both sitting down at desks. This guy in my class (not high school), caught me looking at him, i'm a creep and do it accidentally. To my surprise he didn't look away like it was nothing and held eye contact with me for like four seconds straight. So we were just staring at each other until i eventually looked away. But when i kinda peeped again, the guy was looking away and smiling to himself.

Anyway the experience kinda freaked me out, despite being more of the idiot.

He could be istp, isfp or esfp. Not too sure

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s either a tell sign you have a booger on your nose or that someone is trying to give you fuck me eyes
could it be both? I have a very good looking snot face.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Maybe. Only one way to find out for sure. I second Lucan, you should ask him to hang out, or at the very least go over after class and have a conversation or something. No harm in that right? :)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Maybe he was acting weird to signal that you were being weird or he just wanted to see how you would react.

·
Banned
2,904 Posts
@WintersFlame
If the eye contact meant "nothing", then you would not have made a thread about it.

You know what you want. This thread is just a means to provide an excuse to sit idle in inaction and fear, or to provide courage to act on your desires. I will provide the latter, for you have already provided yourself with proper excuse, his smile.

If you act, you will either succeed or fail.
If you succeed in this, you will be happy that you acted and if you fail, you will feel the same.

If you do not act, you will fail to have acted and therefore regret your inaction. You cannot succeed through inaction.

Therefore, to act is superior. You must simply overcome your irrational fear and the first step you have taken to do this is to provide yourself with at least one reason to believe that you will succeed.

So go.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for your responses

@Lucan1010 @Suntide
Yeah, well I mean, i can't even read into if that was a flirty scenario yet or not, so I'm not sure if approaching the guy would be a good idea. Also I'm not sure if i want to escalate based off that or if i want to get to know him and if i did have the rest of the classes be awkward if it goes wrong.

@Nicomendes MacIdriss @Lonewaer
That's completely possible. I mean i was kinda continuing to stare back just for the challenge of it.

@Denature
The eye contact couldve meant nothing even if i did make a thread about. I mean i know you're going along the lines of it meant something to me so I should act on it, but I'm really not good at understanding flirting and would like to know if that was a situation which was based on that. I didn't initially mean to be staring at him, but once he looked back i kinda just continued to look for that reason.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Yeah, well I mean, i can't even read into if that was a flirty scenario yet or not, so I'm not sure if approaching the guy would be a good idea. Also I'm not sure if i want to escalate based off that or if i want to get to know him and if i did have the rest of the classes be awkward if it goes wrong.
I never see flirty situations from strangers, and the last one eyed me with a smile for a good 15 minutes. That one I noticed. In your case, I would say it wasn't flirty unless he did it again repeatedly after that.

·
Banned
2,904 Posts
Thanks for your responses
@Lucan1010 @Suntide

That's completely possible. I mean i was kinda continuing to stare back just for the challenge of it.
@Denature

The eye contact couldve meant nothing even if i did make a thread about. I mean i know you're going along the lines of it meant something to me so I should act on it, but I'm really not good at understanding flirting and would like to know if that was a situation which was based on that. I didn't initially mean to be staring at him, but once he looked back i kinda just continued to look for that reason.
Excuses.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I never see flirty situations from strangers, and the last one eyed me with a smile for a good 15 minutes. That one I noticed. In your case, I would say it wasn't flirty unless he did it again repeatedly after that.
Actually the paragraph beneath that one was in response to what u guys had to say.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
It means something. Ask the person about it.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Honestly, I'm the type of person who you can either directly express something to, or it's gonna go over my head. Because way too many people trying to suggest different things can all use the same body language. I've had people meaninglessly make a lot of eye contact. I've also had people who made none tell me they like me. So, it's really just whatever.

I say your best bet is to try to put yourself in a situation where you can strike up a conversation with him, and if you're still interested, ask him out. Or if you're old school like me, see if he asks you out after (or wants your number....something.) Until then, my instinct would be to go along with Occam's razor and just say, maybe he just likes eye contact.

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,715 Posts
*stares into your eyes to inspect the purity of your soul.*

I'm afraid I'm going to have to call an exorcist.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts