Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason I am asking this is after spending quite a while in the INTP forum and not feeling sure that I fit that particular type; I read as much info as you can about various types, and the INFJ description sounds like it was written for me, personally.

I make some posts, read some threads in that forum and feel like I really can't relate to much of what they are saying in there and I'm wondering how come I can be having so much fun in the INTP forum; if I am truly an INFJ?
:confused:

I know that the INFJ description fit me better than any other but, could I either be some extremely logical feeler or conversely, a really "feeling" thinker?

:unsure:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know that the INFJ description fit me better than any other but, could I either be some extremely logical feeler or conversely, a really "feeling" thinker?

:unsure:
I would say all MBTI "titles" are just guidelines, it's impossible to categorize all people into 16 different personalities.
Could very well be that you have traits of another personality, like being a logical feeler or a feeling thinker.
I see myself relating a lot to INFPs on many things and ESFPs on some others, yet I still feel that I am an ISFP.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@spoo93, I am extremely uncomfortable talking about my feelings; yet I have no problem discussing my core issues in the Enneagram forums. When I sense a lot of expressed emotion, I just want to escape from it. Can I still be an INFJ and feel that way?

Reactions: spoo93

·
Registered
126 Posts
@spoo93, I am extremely uncomfortable talking about my feelings; yet I have no problem discussing my core issues in the Enneagram forums. When I sense a lot of expressed emotion, I just want to escape from it. Can I still be an INFJ and feel that way?
I'm kind of new to MBTI/this forum but I can definitely see it being hard to talk about your feelings as an INFJ, you are an introverted feeler after all. I have that trait of "introverted feeling" too, I feel very strongly but have a hard time expressing it to others, but on an "anonymous" forum I find it really easy. Anonymous meaning that I'm behind a nickname and don't know any of the people here personally.
Talking to close people about my emotions is a lot more intimate and I don't do it if I feel like I don't trust them enough or if I feel like they don't care.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts