Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started college a week ago and I have a photography class in the morning several times a week. There is a girl in the class I really like, and I have a strong gut feeling she likes me. Our eye contact really sticks for a long time, we smile together whenever we are talking, she laughs at everything I say, she kinda follows me around in class (not in a stalking way), she always messes with her hair when I am next to her. The other day when I walked into class she saw me and smiled widely at me and I smiled back. She had her book bag and purse on the chair next to her and removed them as I approached so I could sit down. Now, I feel pretty sure she likes me, so I recently asked her to hang out. She said she would like to, but for the next two weeks because of school and work. When she gave me her phone number she only gave me her home phone number. So at this point I became self conscious and doubting myself. I was very confident up until this point. Now I can't tell if she likes me or not, hellllp lol

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
She's making eye contact, smiling at you, and touching you.

What you need to do is touch your wrist. If you feel something going "thump thump... thump thump..." then if you are interested, get after her, man!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I may be an INTx, and therefore prone to being romantically retarded, but I'd say go for it. Just don't be too overbearing, obviously. I'm almost sure she's interested, and even if she isn't, she may be "sizing you up" as a potential relationship candidate without actually letting you get too close too soon.

I'd say stay the course, continue to be subtle, and go for it.

You certainly have better prospects than I do at the moment :tongue:

·
Registered
233 Posts
It sounds as though she is definitely interested, my guess with regards to the phone number she's letting you know she's interested but doesn't want to appear too keen seeing as you've just met so as you spend a bit more time together she'll be comfortable enough to give you her mobile (cellphone) number, so go for it just don't to be too heavy :happy:

·
Registered
707 Posts
She likes you but wants to take it slow. Call her at home, leave a message, wait for her to call you back. If she doesn't call after like 2 days, when you see her in class, you can comment about it and say, I called you the other day... Or invite her (in person) to do something fun. I personally HATE phonecalls so I'd rather have a guy ask me to hang out in person.

·
Registered
32 Posts
All I can say to that is...

LUCKY!!!

Oh how I miss the days when girls acted more on their feelings... :tongue:

·
Registered
112 Posts
When she gave me her phone number she only gave me her home phone number. So at this point I became self conscious and doubting myself. I was very confident up until this point. Now I can't tell if she likes me or not, hellllp lol
Only her home phone number?? Would you give anyone you disliked your home phone number?

·
Registered
65 Posts
A least she gave you a number. She likes you. :happy:
But if you want any other form of communication, ask for her facebook (if she has one).
Sometimes home numbers don't give that much privacy when talking.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not sure if she wants me to call her or not, I've been debating with myself if I should or just wait till I see her in class next class.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
A least she gave you a number. She likes you. :happy:
But if you want any other form of communication, ask for her facebook (if she has one).
Sometimes home numbers don't give that much privacy when talking.
There is a catch check and see if it isn't a rejection number. There is the rejection phone number people can give like this one as an example that 972-836-0066 in TX but for that more local feel go see this list.
Humor Hotlines - Rejection Hotline Numbers By State

Hey maybe this will shed some light. But I would definitely ask the girl out.:happy:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is a catch check and see if it isn't a rejection number. There is the rejection phone number people can give like this one as an example that 972-836-0066 in TX but for that more local feel go see this list.
Humor Hotlines - Rejection Hotline Numbers By State

Hey maybe this will shed some light. But I would definitely ask the girl out.:happy:
Luckily it ain't one of those numbers lol

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
She's making eye contact, smiling at you, and touching you.

What you need to do is touch your wrist. If you feel something going "thump thump... thump thump..." then if you are interested, get after her, man!
Don't forget about playing with her hair. When a woman plays with her hair around you then it's almost sure sign of attraction.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yup, she likes you. The hair playing is a good sign (or so I've been hearing a lot of lately). I wish you luck! :wink:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HELP!!!

Okay, so I had class with her again today. Today I tried to save her a seat so she could sit next to me like she did for me last time, but instead she ended up sitting somewhere else. When I talked to her in class, she asked me if I knew what a certain phone number was, saying they called her a couple times. My INFP senses told me she could have been trying to tell me she was waiting for her call, but I never did because I was afraid of being to heavy. After class when we were walking out she was busy talking on the phone to talk to me, so for right now its sounding like its not good lol thoughts?

C'mon women, be a bit more obvious about things so it makes the man's already frustrating job (approaching and asking the girl out) a ton easier. Make it easier for us! LOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
You should have called! I think she feels rejected since you didn't... The home phone number btw was a huge buying signal.

The first week/month of college, people are putting themselves out there, casting a huge net, to meet new people, etc. Then, the winnowing process begins. You might be 'out' by now. The girl I met first week of college was giving her number out to everyone; she wanted to make friends (or a boyfriend) quickly. I think out of all the people she met that first week, I'm probably the only one she stayed friends with.

You might be able to salvage the situation. Dunno.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.