1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So she is 22 and I’m 26,
This is not a school setting.
Here are some things she's been showing me :
  • She looks at me and looks away and smiles at the ceiling and she has done this more than once
  • She's comfortable sitting right in front of me, just three feet away and never adjusts away. Like in my personal square.
  • I remember when someone I knew talked about whether i had a girlfriend or not, she looked at me and flashed her eyes and started talking about how I will find a girl someday
  • She stared at me this and looked with squinting eyes quickly shifting her head from left to right with a smirk , and she did this on three different occasions, and someone caught her doing it and said you’re gonna drive him crazy if you keep looking at him like that”
  • She watches movies with me excitedly, but then again she lives next door and visits a lot
  • She talks with me a lot , even though we see each other every day ,she doesn’t seem to get bored with me. She laughs at my every joke, even when others around don't laugh.

• She tells me that some other guy told her she liked me (okay this is not a sign but what does this mean? Is she trying to make me jealous?)
  • She tells me her friends want to see her and I walk downstairs and her friends are super silent just smiling weirdly at me and then slowly initiate conversation.
  • We went somewhere far away and she pat my stomach and it was weird lol
  • She tried to set me up with a girl, and showed me her picture but then she said that girl already had a boyfriend. Why tell me in the first place?
  • Her voice becomes more high pitched when she talks to me, compared to others
  • She has asked me whether I find this girl or that girl attractive
  • She referenced some word I said in a caption on an instagram post, the day after she heard me make a point of it
  • She told me that I have a very beautiful smile and she was amazed by it and says that I am much more attractive than some other guy other people were comparing me to
  • whenever we're out somewhere she has no problem sitting next to me but then she had great difficulty sitting next to my dad in the passenger seat because it makes her look like my dad's girlfriend lol
  • people keep asking and confusing her for my girlfriend or wife when we go out somewhere lmao wtf, then again that also happens with my sister lmao wth

·
Registered
ENTJ LSE
561 Posts
In my opinion? Yes.

Ask her out or do the 1st move. There are a lot of signs. If you're into her don't waste time.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Have you asked her?

Better yet: How do YOU feel about her? Do you want her to be interested in you, or not? Do you want a relationship with her romantically, or not?
Here's the thing. I've had this happen before and I know that if someone really likes you there will be more confirmation in terms of talking frequently about each other's interests. We do that in some ways actually... from previous experience, it will turn into dating whether you asked her out or not.

We live closeby and she visits all the time, and works for a relative, and I have a connection with that relative and that relative hates when people date their co-workers.

I havent asked her because I don't want it to put me in a bad situation with that coworker because he's like a co-supervisor.

So over time I've noticed and liked her back because of the chemistry, but initially there was a distance and no view or attitude toward liking her on that level

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
If it's not a school setting, I take it it's a work setting? If it's work related, I'd encourage you to stay away from forming relationships at work. Makes for bad bedfellows. In some places/companies, it's strictly prohibited; and for good reason I feel I must add. Bottom line is, people are social but highly volatile creatures. In the world of Pickup Artistry (which I am in no way, shape or form advocating), your "signs" are what are known as "Indicators of interest" or (IOIs). The real IOI (IMO) is if/when she physically touches you. The more she touches you, the more she is trying to flirt with you subliminally. Her kindness and her comfort level could be IOIs. However, if you're not careful, you could end up in a heap of legal trouble trying to find out; and possibly end up losing your job. It is for this reason, I don't act on "picking up" women; even those who shoot IOIs my way. In this day and age, especially as a male, you have to consider all sides and aspects before you commit yourself to a single action.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So she is 22 and I’m 26,
  • She looks at me and looks away and smiles at the ceiling and she has done this more than once
  • She's comfortable sitting right in front of me, just three feet away and never adjusts away. Like in my personal square.
  • I remember when someone I knew talked about whether i had a girlfriend or not, she looked at me and flashed her eyes and started talking about how I will find a girl someday
  • She stared at me this and looked with squinting eyes quickly shifting her head from left to right with a smirk , and she did this on three different occasions, and someone caught her doing it and said you’re gonna drive him crazy if you keep looking at him like that”
  • She watches movies with me excitedly, but then again she lives next door and visits a lot
  • She talks with me a lot , even though we see each other every day ,she doesn’t seem to get bored with me. She laughs at my every joke, even when others around don't laugh.

• She tells me that some other guy told her she liked me (okay this is not a sign but what does this mean? Is she trying to make me jealous?)
  • She tells me her friends want to see her and I walk downstairs and her friends are super silent just smiling weirdly at me and then slowly initiate conversation.
  • She tried to set me up with a girl, and showed me her picture but then she said that girl already had a boyfriend. Why tell me in the first place?
  • She referenced some word I said in a caption on an instagram post, the day after she heard me make a point of it
  • She told me that I have a very beautiful smile and she was amazed by it and says that I am much more attractive than some other guy other people were comparing me to
  • whenever we're out somewhere she has no problem sitting next to me but then she had great difficulty sitting next to my dad in the passenger seat because it makes her look like my dad's girlfriend lol
  • people keep asking and confusing her for my girlfriend or wife when we go out somewhere lmao wtf, then again that also happens with my sister lmao wth
The best is to ask. I was on top of a woman in college, she always leaned against me (on my legs, hugs, heads on my shoulders), talked to me 24 hours, pulled me by the arm when I was talking to other people and touch my muscles. And this woman didn't love me haha

·
Registered
ENTJ
1,190 Posts
So she is 22 and I’m 26,

The key isn't just what behavior she exhibits but whether her behavior around you specifically is different to how she behaves around other guys.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If it's not a school setting, I take it it's a work setting? If it's work related, I'd encourage you to stay away from forming relationships at work. Makes for bad bedfellows. In some places/companies, it's strictly prohibited; and for good reason I feel I must add. Bottom line is, people are social but highly volatile creatures. In the world of Pickup Artistry (which I am in no way, shape or form advocating), your "signs" are what are known as "Indicators of interest" or (IOIs). The real IOI (IMO) is if/when she physically touches you. The more she touches you, the more she is trying to flirt with you subliminally. Her kindness and her comfort level could be IOIs. However, if you're not careful, you could end up in a heap or legal trouble trying to find out; and possibly end up losing your job. It is for this reason, I don't act on "picking up" women; even those who shoot IOIs my way. In this day and age, especially as a male, you have to consider all sides and aspects before you commit yourself to a single action.
I have partial ownership of the place of work so no one can take legal action against me

She's my co-supervisor's assistant.

But thanks for the advice, they seem to be IOIs

The key isn't just what behavior she exhibits but whether her behavior around you specifically is different to how she behaves around other guys.
It's completely different. Like there is one male friend of hers, her voice is low when speaking to him,and she told us she's not interested in him. She also doesn't pat them or touch them in that way. I'm not sure about the rest like what she messages them about but she acts different and more nervous or cautious around me. She doesnt invade their personal space, and keeps at a distance from those guy friends.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The best is to ask. I was on top of a woman in college, she always leaned against me (on my legs, hugs, heads on my shoulders), talked to me 24 hours, pulled me by the arm when I was talking to other people and touch my muscles. And this woman didn't love me haha
If I ask it will be super awkward because we pretty much live together, and see each other a lot

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5 sx/so
164 Posts
As others have said, it really is about how she acts differently towards you compared to other guys, but we're going to assume she's not spending different nights spending quality time watching movies with different guys all the time. We can kind of infer that she is selective in her spending of quality time with OP here, among other things.

With that in mind:
She looks at something that makes her happy, and then removes her eyes from anything else to be immersed in that experience for longer. Yes.
She would be comfortable with your naked body next to hers. What else do you think personal space is? Yes.
She considers you worthy of a girl someday, and is probably wondering why you're not taking all her hints. Yes.
She's displaying herself to you, hoping you will like what you see. Yes.
She likes to spend time with you. Netflix and chill is probably on her mind. Yes.
You two have chemistry. Yes.
She literally told you she likes you, by proxy. Yes.
They're probably talking about you. You're a topic of social conversation. Women prefer men who are talked about by other women, and you command attention when you enter the room. Yes.
She wants to touch your body. Yes.
"Hey OP, you know there's these things called girls? This one's taken though. Maybe you will find one available right under you nose." Yes.
Primal female reaction by presenting as more feminine to attract a mate. Yes.
She's comparing her to other women in your eyes. Yes.
She's stalking you. Yes.
She finds you attractive. Yes.
Again she is comfortable with physical contact with you. Yes.
Well, the only difference between when people ask you, and what your answer is, is time. Yes.

You're probably shy, or not used to picking up on signals from women, which I know I dealt with a lot. When I look back to school and see the number of women who were surrounding me, it's obvious. But at the time, I was oblivious. My first serious girlfriend, after I asked her out, said, "What took you so long!" I think this is a similar situation.

As others said, you need to ask if you like her. If so, then, man up and take what you want. She's reserving the "asking out" for you, so that you feel accomplished and so on. It's a great story so far.

Find a clever way to bring it up. You have a work setting that makes dating her a potential "rule breaking" event, right? Breaking rules is good: talk to her about how she feels about working for the same employer, so to speak, and then ask her if she thinks she would ever date someone that worked in the same company or something. She'll get the hint I'm sure, and you'll have to find a way to navigate towards the point, such as saying, "Well, there's this girl I like at work but it might be weird since (employer) doesn't like when people within the company date." Her reaction would tell you a lot: "I would never date someone who worked at (employer)!" would be a weird response from her, for example; anything else indicating that attraction cannot be helped, is a go.

You probably don't know that she's likely checked you out over and over, thinks you are well endowed in the sexual department, and has qualified you as the father of her children. These of course are generally all primal subconscious cues, but she's been gathering that information over time on you, and you keep checking the boxes for her. Women are much more conscious of signals and so on, so she's probably wondering why you're not getting all the signals.

So again, if YOU like her, then you're all set for whatever you want. You seem respectful enough, so I think you'll do the right thing. If you're ready for a relationship, all signs here are pointing to yes. Go somewhere alone with her, somewhere memorable - not a restaurant or anything, maybe some nice serene place outdoors - and make it all the better when you finally man up and ask her out.

I have partial ownership of the place of work
This is new information I didn't have before I wrote my post. Just be sure you like her and you're not just being signaled due to your position, though, position is attractive to women and is a genuine attraction that you will be able to provide for her and any children. So it's not bad, just make sure you actually like her too and aren't just exploring an available option. It is possible for women to display themselves easy to men in order to "get" that man, so to speak. I don't think this is the case here, due to the timeframe and the fact that she doesn't seem to have been forward about things and is instead exploring your mind more than rubbing her body on you etc. I think you're good, but again, just make sure you're thinking correctly about how you feel. Also, some of the above, like commanding attention when you enter the room, is natural for anyone in a position of power, even if the person themselves is unattractive, so a lot of my above information is skewed due to this unknown. In other words, flirting with the boss, so to speak, is a valid way to keep a job, get a promotion, and so on. Very complicated which is why a lot of workplace relationships are frowned upon, due to the potential corrupt dynamics that can occur.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Yo not to be rude (it's going to come off that way anyway, RIP) but as a female I'd advise against listening to Vexus's post lol...just wtf...

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
"Women prefer men who are talked about by other women"
Bruh...just no. We just talk about the men we prefer.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What's your take on this issue ? It would be good to have the take of an ISTP girl because the girl I'm pretty sure is ISTP 7w8 xD and weird thing is it made me question that I may be at least a little ISFJ 5w4 lol I'm seeing like a pattern here that I never was aware of before in myself and my relationship with Se-Ti users

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Vexus thanks for your post. Reading your post, it should be abundantly clear that these are obvious signs that a girl likes you more than a friend and you helped me screw my head on the right side up about it. I just needed confirmation because girls can be so damn confusing to me.

Thank you so much for your post.

That's a damn good suggestion: find a way to passively ask her if she likes me, like if she likes anyone she knows or wants to date a coworker or someone at our business.

I will try to keep in mind that "attracted to superiors" thing, that is also something I wanted to avoid in the future, but this seems like a personal interest more than monetary for her, if it is one.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5 sx/so
164 Posts
... this is, in fact, the exact same thing, worded differently. It causes a cycle in which women value a man who is talked about by other women more. It's literally the same thing, which is funny, because it probably highlights the difference in perception about these events. Your personal perspective is that you talk about men you prefer more, when my perspective is noting the other women listening also begin valuing the man being talked about more. Very cool.

If OP is to listen to your other womanly advice to ignore what I posted, you're saying this girl does not like him, and he should not approach her, and he should not do anything. Maybe provide some more context on specifics?

I would say, if this girl is an ISTP, that can be very tomboy-ish, and maybe a guy could be just a bro. I don't know how that would come across, so help OP out and give some more details.

this seems like a personal interest more than monetary for her
I think so too. Good luck and hopefully Hexcoder gives some more feedback here.

·
Registered
ENFP - 4w5 - 458 - sx/sp
162 Posts
So she is 22 and I’m 26,

I think she does. Ask her out!

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
... this is, in fact, the exact same thing, worded differently. It causes a cycle in which women value a man who is talked about by other women more. It's literally the same thing, which is funny, because it probably highlights the difference in perception about these events. Your personal perspective is that you talk about men you prefer more, when my perspective is noting the other women listening also begin valuing the man being talked about more. Very cool.
It's not the exact same thing at all. One suggests we're emotionally shallow and just go for "the most wanted" guys (not that there are no shallow women who just go for status, but this isn't the majority), while the other is saying it's just something we talk about out of sheer enthusiasm or excitement about what we're genuinely interested in ourselves. Women just aren't pressured by society to muzzle our emotions. We often express our enthusiasm, interest, excitement, etc. even if only to others and not the person we're into.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We often express our enthusiasm, interest, excitement, etc. even if only to others and not the person we're into.
So do you think that is the case here?

This is what I'm worried about, as an xSTP maybe she is just showing enthusiastic behaviours to everyone for lols or something, to like get a reaction from them rather than genuinely liking them

That being said, this makes me question everything because i have STP friends who are like this and I've always considered that trait unfavourable in relationships and friendships at least

I find shock jock tactics (behaviours just to get a reaction) a massive letdown, I'd prefer if people would just be upfront and honest

If this is not true, then I would like to hear your opinion on the matter

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
What's your take on this issue ? It would be good to have the take of an ISTP girl because the girl I'm pretty sure is ISTP 7w8 xD and weird thing is it made me question that I may be at least a little ISFJ 5w4 lol I'm seeing like a pattern here that I never was aware of before in myself and my relationship with Se-Ti users
I don't know all the details obviously, but based on what you've shared here she seems into you. I can say that despite the ISTP thing she and I are rather different in our approaches; I tend to be a bit more obvious in my pursuits, I don't hint (despite that my joking and cutting up is commonly mistaken for flirting/hinting). I tend to be very thoughtful of them, attentive to them, accommodating of their needs or preferences in things, but mostly the give-away is that I'll pretty much directly say I like the person. I don't think I'm a typical female by any means though, and I don't think my guy friends consider me to be one either, because they say things like "hey, you're a girl kind of (??? dafuq u mean kind of??? LOL), maybe you can give me some girl advice" or they ignore the fact that I'm a female presence and have "guy talk" around me. (Not because I'm unattractive, but because I'm just very laid back and not easily offended, I'm bisexual, very straightforward, etc. .....IDK, for some reason they call me one of the bros, IDK why). That said, I'm no expert at "typical" females by any means. I didn't even know that females actually ask if they look fat in some outfit, thought it was just some TV trope...I've never asked a guy this question and my guy friends were like "lol bless you" when I shared this.

Even in my eyes she seems into you though, and I can tell from your original post alone that you're very obviously into her. Imo there's enough there to make me think it'd be a waste not to at least give it a try. This seems like one of those situations where you'd potentially look back regretfully if you never did.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
So do you think that is the case here?
I don't think I have adequate information, but I know that this is usually the case. 9 times out of 10 that's all it is when one of my female friends approach me like "omg, check out this guy!" or they talk to me about their crush or something.

This is what I'm worried about, as an xSTP maybe she is just showing enthusiastic behaviours to everyone for lols or something, to like get a reaction from them rather than genuinely liking them

That being said, this makes me question everything because i have STP friends who are like this and I've always considered that trait unfavourable in relationships and friendships at least
I don't think it seems like this. Mainly, you two practically live together you said - nobody spends time like that with someone for the lols. If it was for the lols there'd be a lot of "in front of people" type stuff going on, but her behavior continues in private where others' reactions aren't a thing.

I find shock jock tactics (behaviours just to get a reaction) a massive letdown, I'd prefer if people would just be upfront and honest
Same tho -.-

1 - 20 of 76 Posts