Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having lots of trouble trying to type this friend of mine and its driving me nuts, I think she might be an ENFP but in the past year she has changed a lot so I have no idea, does she sound like an ENFP?

- She is really outgoing with people she knows really well or complete strangers, but in social situations and with guys she is very shy.
- She loves to showoff (in a good way), making people laugh, doing immitations, being loud and crazy, she's the self-proclaimed group clown haha!
-She takes things veryy veryy personally, I can rarely banter with her or have a debate because she will get hurt and be all defensive.
-She is very loyal to her close friends.
-She can see fairly well through people!
-She's very sensitive, but very direct and honest with others.
-She used to be very aloof and "valeverguista", like play before work, didn't care about studying etc. although when she got low grades she would get very depressed, now she has made awesome changes and always finishes assignments on time, studies a lot and intensely, she invests loads of time in that now.
-Oh and her "dark side" (like when she's stressed or stuff) she gets very whiny and never takes the blame.

And that's pretty much it, and I don't know since the only other ENFP I know (she took the test), is completely different from this friend. What do you think? Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think she sounds an awful lot more like an ESFP than an ENFP, but I guess the thing about ENFPs is that there isn't really one universal characteristic that you can use to describe them, we're all so different. But, of course, I would think that.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm having lots of trouble trying to type this friend of mine and its driving me nuts, I think she might be an ENFP but in the past year she has changed a lot so I have no idea, does she sound like an ENFP?

- She is really outgoing with people she knows really well or complete strangers, but in social situations and with guys she is very shy.
- She loves to showoff (in a good way), making people laugh, doing immitations, being loud and crazy, she's the self-proclaimed group clown haha!
-She takes things veryy veryy personally, I can rarely banter with her or have a debate because she will get hurt and be all defensive.
-She is very loyal to her close friends.
-She can see fairly well through people!
-She's very sensitive, but very direct and honest with others.
-She used to be very aloof and "valeverguista", like play before work, didn't care about studying etc. although when she got low grades she would get very depressed, now she has made awesome changes and always finishes assignments on time, studies a lot and intensely, she invests loads of time in that now.
-Oh and her "dark side" (like when she's stressed or stuff) she gets very whiny and never takes the blame.

And that's pretty much it, and I don't know since the only other ENFP I know (she took the test), is completely different from this friend. What do you think? Thanks!
I can only speak from my own experiences, and of the people I know. But I've never heard a friend, or family member describe an ENFP like you have. Particularly that "dark side" comment, because of Fi we usually handle our emotions independently. In times of stress, and depression we withdraw from the world. When things get bad we bottle up our feelings, we don't whine.

We are passionate about our ideas, yes, but an ENFP wouldn't be hurt because someone disagrees with their views. Extroverted Intuition allows us to view a single object from multiple perspectives, we know better than most that not everyone sees things the same way. Debates, and disagreements on this level aren't personal for us. As for the banter, I know when my friends are joking or not.

But this clown comment gets to me the most, it just doesn't sound like any ENFP I know, especially because it's self proclaimed. Sounds like a desire to perform, and that's a very ESFP thing. So is the amount of sensitivity you described. I have to agree with @UhClionaish

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Did not sound enfp

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
She sounds way too sensitive to be an ENFP. ENFPs usually seem "bulletproof" to the rest of society and they'll only ever let their closest friends know what's frustrating them. She sounds a lot more like ESFP to me.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Extroverted Intuition allows us to view a single object from multiple perspectives, we know better than most that not everyone sees things the same way. Debates, and disagreements on this level aren't personal for us. As for the banter, I know when my friends are joking or not.
I might mention that we do still have our Fi to think about here. Taking something personally might be a sign that the subject is tied to her core values. Our Fi guards those core values fiercely, and if they are threatened I could imagine becoming sensitive and defensive in spite of my Ne.

Although, the whining issue does caution me to think she isn't Enfp. The times I've "whined" were usually about things I didn't have much emotional investment in, but I knew they were things others could to relate to, and therefore, bring us together more. Not in a manipulating way, just an understanding of the social system.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've met one that does. :dry:
Lol, umm... I'm sorry? Do note that I began my post by saying, "I can only speak from my own experiences, and of the people I know."

Robin Williams?
When responding to people on this site, you have to use words as they understand them. When OP said Clown they didn't mean comedian. They meant someone who showed off, Robin Williams was humble to a fault.

I might mention that we do still have our Fi to think about here. Taking something personally might be a sign that the subject is tied to her core values. Our Fi guards those core values fiercely, and if they are threatened I could imagine becoming sensitive and defensive in spite of my Ne.

Although, the whining issue does caution me to think she isn't Enfp. The times I've "whined" were usually about things I didn't have much emotional investment in, but I knew they were things others could to relate to, and therefore, bring us together more. Not in a manipulating way, just an understanding of the social system.
Yeah, but from what OP was writing I don't think the girl in question is sensitive, or defensive in the same way ENFPs are sensitive, and defensive. The way it's written I assume she responds to "hurt" by banter, or debates with a similar attitude. And banter doesn't touch on core values

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm an ENFP and i love to make people laugh tho, especially my friend. :D If people laugh because of my jokes, it feels like the highest compliment for me :D

Anyway, i think she could be an ENFP tho. In fact, after reading the OP post, i immediately think she's an ENFP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts