Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Absolutely. Been into sports most my life but regardless of that never been so much into fast food (yes I eat it from time to time). Ever read a sports/men magazine? there are even wise selections on fast food based on fat/protein/carbs, but that doesn't mean those are healthy all-time options.

I've dated women who mostly eat fast food, and women who BARELY eat. I walk away from them, does that influences of affects me? shit it affects them regardless of how they look, thin, ultra thin or not. I enjoy taking long walks, running, bikes, etc, even while going out for something simple I don't mind leaving the car far away and walking. Well, most of those women can't do this, get tired really fast (and I'm a fast walker). Where I live more and more women are having trouble during pregnancy only to discover the bad news from doctors: you need help your nutrition sucks.

I have the blessing of a very fast metabolism and even so fast food is not the base of my diet (I don't get fat easily, in fact I burn a lot of calories). So yes to your question, and not just that (what people eat) I also pay attention to HOW they eat and how they treat people who make the food.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Wouldn't date someone that ate like a professional athlete.... spending the energy on coach surfing.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
I think I am very open to food. Both healthy and not.

I have a severe guilty pleasure for fried foods. But that is not all I like. Nor eat. Furthermore, I am very open to many healthy dishes and trying new things.

I think I probably would be best paired (in theory) with someone who overall eats healthy enjoys cooking for me :laughing:. Maybe they get the majority of shopping and are foodies. Because I would totally go along with it as long as they were not over bearing. I would eat what's in front of me. As long as they were cool with my guilty pleasure of indulging myself with my love of dripping delicious red meat nummy steak & prime rib. They don't have to eat it if they don't want to. Pizza Rolls num. Whatever if they can handle the fact sometimes I eat crappy but I am willing to eat healthy the majority of the time (at their lead) well cool beans. I have always been a cook far more by default than by true desire or choice. I genuinely like the taste of healthy dishes a lot.

As for my diet I would say it's probably middle of the board. I should be eating healthier but I am definitely not eating as poorly as the majority of Americans.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Yes, diet influences my choice of dating because it's an indicator to me of general lifestyle and what to expect. I've never been into fast food, I've been cooking in my own kitchen from scratch since age 8 (have little sibling I had to take care of), and the homemade, healthy lifestyle is simply something that brings me joy. I seek partnerts who are into health and homemade as well.

I've never dated someone who was into fast food as a regular thing, and never will.

I've dated people who ordered pizza or kebab once a week on the weekends as a treat, that's no problem.

I've dated bodybuilders and basketball players with crazy healthy eating habits, and I was assigned the role of cook (because I cook amazing and super healthy). I will never be in that role again. If I ever date an athlete again, they will have to do their own cooking, I can't be bothered with the craziness and the counting macros and micros and calories, I don't even do that for myself, why would I crack my skull like that for someone else? I don't care if someone eats like a ballerina, I care when the role of chef gets thrown upon me because I am "the best cook". Sorry no, can't do that much responsibility for someone who isn't my child but a grown ass man lol.

Moral of the story is: I don't do extremes. A lifestyle that is within a middle ground spectrum -leaning towards healthy- works for me.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
There are a few *extreme* situations where I wouldn't date someone based upon their diet. For example, I know a person who only eats like 5-10 different junk foods. Won't even try new things. That type of picky eating is enough to kill my attraction. It'd suck to live with too, especially since I like to cook new foods/try new things.

In general, too-frequent junk food + a dislike for healthy food is annoying, but it's not a disqualifier. I get it if someone eats kinda shitty, that's cool. But if they're the type of person that eats burgers fries and ice cream type of stuff 80-90% of the time and actively avoids vegetables, it's going to irk me.

And I'm not putting a ring on it unless the person is willing to live some form of a healthy lifestyle with me. Hell if I'm letting you die 30 years before my vegan water-drinking pilates-doing ass. "The one" is gonna suffer a long-ass time with my melodramaticism.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yes they can eat whatever they want as long as their not a super messy eater. Though if health problems do arise becuase if their diet then I would get worried and try to help with that.

I usually eat a lot of fried food as well but I'm willing to try different foods if they are. Even if they eat like their really fancy XD

·
Registered
763 Posts
I believe diet should be a personal choice. A partner can eat whatever they want, but I also need the same freedom. There are just some foods I don't want to give up and I believe there is no rational reason to do so (for example I don't see veganism as rational).

·
Code Cracked
7,824 Posts
I eat what I want, when I want and respect that in others. I have been told I am blessed with a high metabolism. I eat healthy but, I also LOVEEE pizza and anything spicy! As long as they do not subject me to sushi or Japanese food regularly...everything would be fine.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Hmmmm. Kind of a funny question.

No, I've never particularly noticed or cared what a woman ate or didn't eat before I started "dating" her (i.e., sleeping with her).

However, when shacked up with someone or even just "dating" for a while, even then it was never an issue that came up. Usually either cook meals together or occasionally separately, or just on different schedules, or something. And any girl I'm seeing is already, by definition, cool, so there's not any drama about picking some bullshit restaurant or any of that, it's just cool.

I don't feel I could ever have a serious relationship with a woman who was a vegetarian or a vegan or who kept kosher or something like that, though. Not worth the hassle.

I guess if there were serious food issues, as in mental disorders like bulimia, well, that could be probably dealt with, somehow, but if a partner's diet is sustaining them and not making them ill, I wouldn't notice or care, unless it was part of some whole philosophical/trend that I don't care to have to look at on a regular basis.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts