Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I'm attracted to Se doms, does that correlate to my type being an Si dom for example? However I believe I'm an ISxP, so maybe similar functions attract

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've thought about this before... I'm a female INFP and almost every guy I've ever been attracted to- real or fictional- has been ENTP. I also usually have strong chemistry with ENFP and INTP guys. I'm thinking high Ne is behind it all.

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
I generally find Se/Ni users more appealing.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
Does the MBTI type you're attracted to correlate to your type?
Nope.

If I'm attracted to Se doms, does that correlate to my type being an Si dom for example?
Why would that make you Si-dom?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm attracted to extroverts more, in theory, just because when I'm single I have the habit of staying in more than I'd like. But, something like attraction really depends on the individual way more than the MBTI type for it to even play a marginal factor really. With that being said, I wouldn't be able to date someone who was dismissive of my emotions or thought of me as emotional (in a bad way), but that probably has more to do with being a dick as opposed to typology.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I tend to be most attracted to FJ behaviors, followed by the rare NTs who actually are as smart as they think they are. I have no idea if this correlates to being an INTP.

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Does the MBTI type you're attracted to correlate to your type?

No.

Reactions: JuneBud

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,261 Posts
If I'm attracted to Se doms, does that correlate to my type being an Si dom for example? However I believe I'm an ISxP, so maybe similar functions attract
I think for many people at least, yes similar types attract, probably not as a conscious decision, but shared functions can be a factor in ease of conversation or similar approach to life which in turn can help bring people together. While sometimes people are attracted to differences that they admire or feel like they need help with, and sometimes they can be bored or irritated with people in which they see their own habits, there are also plenty of cases where opposite personalities do clash and require extra work to connect with eachother. For intimate relationships dealing with drastic differences all the time can eventually wear people down and the same differences which were attractive can also become frustrations.

Attraction does, of course, depend a lot on individual preferences and personal history - the interaction dynamics you're used to dealing with due to family or friends can make you more or less comfortable with certain types. While there may be some general trends of certain types getting along better or worse, there can certainly be attraction and good relationships between any types. Typology can be useful in indicating what kinds of good and difficult points a relationship between two types may have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts