Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They need some kind of legal advice section, even if it's not professional. Or did I not see this section?

Anyway. I need advice about work. Would anyone happen to know if it's the same in every state, that no company is allowed to withhold your paycheck no matter what the circumstances are? (Excluding being a felon, going to jail etc, I'm not like that)

·
Registered
93 Posts
There's probably a reason why people haven't commented on this thread; Ignorant people don't know the answer and smart people don't wanna get involved. However, I will say this: It's not legal for them to do so, so what you should do is file a complaint with the department of labour. It's prohibited in the federal and state law. If they withold it for over 72 hours, they should be penalized. Good luck.

By the way, awesome avatar. XD

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's probably a reason why people haven't commented on this thread; Ignorant people don't know the answer and smart people don't wanna get involved. However, I will say this: It's not legal for them to do so, so what you should do is file a complaint with the department of labour. It's prohibited in the federal and state law. If they withold it for over 72 hours, they should be penalized. Good luck.

By the way, awesome avatar. XD
Thank you, actually I finally found something today before I get a hold of the labor place:
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=181.13

Actually, would you say I'm required to demand my paycheck first in order for them to issue it out?

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes; demand your paycheck first, then go to the Dept. of Labour.
Ok, well I heard this info from a friend, they didn't even tell me about it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Say-a-Whaaaa??

You mean your bosses didn't tell you that you had a paycheck?? Uuuum... why did you not know??

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You mean your bosses didn't tell you that you had a paycheck?? Uuuum... why did you not know??
No, I knew I would have one but my friend and former co-worker was the messenger for my former boss.
The boss was too chicken sh** to actually call me up and tell me.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
In Arizona you get to call the Sheriff. A deputy shows up to make sure you get your money. Very cool.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In Arizona you get to call the Sheriff. A deputy shows up to make sure you get your money. Very cool.
Haha, that's great. I have contacted someone at the labor office, and they told me everything I already knew. Except for I need to write a formal resignation as an alternative for the termination papers. Told me that I am allowed to have my money no matter what.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts