Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized im an ENTP :dry: So are other types frequently mistyped as INTPs? Oh and on a completely unrelated note, How would one go about developing their Feeling Functions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been "mistyped" as an INTJ on occasion, but when I took the MBTI in college and again as part of a "team building exercise" at my workplace I scored as an INTP.

Whatever.

Why would I want to develop my feeling functions even more? I cried while watching Toy Story 2 during Jessie's song. That usually appeases the Fs out there and that's enough for me.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Im quite frequently typed as an ENTP.
But im not one, try to remember your time as kid. Did you like or dislike big crowds of people? questions like that :eek:

How would one go about developing their Feeling Functions?
Talking to people..I guess?

·
Banned
2,116 Posts
Types often get mixed up. I'd say it's relatively common for INFPs, ENTPs, ISTPs and INTJs to mistype themselves as INTPs.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have been "mistyped" as an INTJ on occasion, but when I took the MBTI in college and again as part of a "team building exercise" at my workplace I scored as an INTP.

Whatever.

Why would I want to develop my feeling functions even more? I cried while watching Toy Story 2 during Jessie's song. That usually appeases the Fs out there and that's enough for me.
You too, huh? The third killed me, too. Damn Pixar and their emotional manipulation.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am pretty sure I'm an ambivert with social anxiety and an anti-people attitude. I can be sometimes mis-typed as ENTP since I lose no energy by being around people, neither do I gain any. I am (I think) an INTP because of my cognitive function development (Ti first, then Ne). With straight-out letter tests, I am typed as an INTJ with a weak J since I seem to be more organized than other INTPs. Confusing much?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
When I first took the test (at 11 or 12), I tested as an ENTP, and recently I saw a career adviser and again tested as ENTP. When he showed me the breakdown, I was one point over the line for E instead of I, so we talked about that and he asked me where my preferences were. I said it was more on the INTP side. It's common for introverts, because we live in an extrovert-dominated world, to adopt extroverted traits. The adviser told me that when people usually fall close to the line or slightly over it, they're usually just introverts who have developed extrovert traits. Are you sure that's not the case with you?

·
Registered
790 Posts
There is a lot of ENTPs that are shy as hell, and INTPs that like to socialize a hell, the unique effective mode its evaluating if you prefer Ti over Ne, the funny thing its that you can use Ne seeing all possibilities on your head, so its kinda confusing...

An efective way to watch which type are you its putting yourself under extreme stress, if you have an obsessive Te, congrats youre INTP, if not, congrats anyway youre an ENTP... but certainly if you develop your Ne, you will doubt and doubt again, its hard to find out (im still finding), i can see a lot of possibilities, even that im an represseed ENFP sometimes lol.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Ways I've learned to use my Fe:

Help people without asking for anything in return.

Empathize with people's problems.

Don't correct people all the time, even if you think they're wrong.

Listen instead of waiting for your turn to talk.

For me, helping others is much easier than actually expressing how I feel. Beside this forum, I hardly ever tell my friends and family what bothers me. I keep my emotions inside, working problems out on my own, asking no one for help unless I truly need it. I can be hard-headed. But I do exert my feelings through indirect means, such as through artwork or exercise. If I cannot find a way to express how I feel, then I'll slowly become depressed, wrapped up in thinking too much.

Also -- through beautiful music, there's an outlet for feeling.

At the same time, the best things I've learned about expressing emotions is from my relationships with people and going through uncomfortable experiences alone. I know a few INFJs who have helped me tremendously, teaching me to be more caring. However, I still am very stoical toward the world.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I just realized im an ENTP :dry:
Something wrong? You haven't switched your type yet and you don't seem too thrilled about it.... what led to your realization?

So are other types frequently mistyped as INTPs?
I'm not sure about frequently but it does happen quite a bit. And it's pretty common with ENTPs who are more on the ambiverted side.

Oh and on a completely unrelated note, How would one go about developing their Feeling Functions?
I don't know if it's completely unrelated....... both NTPs have Fe as their feeling function, but the E side has it as a tertiary function so it works a bit differently. For development, maybe play around with the concept that you may not always be the center of the universe and listen to people more, watch the feeling dynamics that other people get themselves into.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts