Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate some input, especially from INFJ guys. :)

1) Under what circumstances would you ever tell a girl "thinking of you"? Would you say this to a casual friend, or would you only typically say it to indicate romantic interest. I got a letter from a "friend" who I have a hunch may like me, and he mentioned that he was thinking of me.

2) Would you keep up a long-distance email correspondence (for instance, 1 year) with a girl if you did not like her romantically?

Thanks for any tips!

·
Registered
81 Posts
1) Nope never. Only reason anyone says that is to show they're interested.
2) Ye if I was friends with them why not?

Better point to make, if you're interested in the guy then stop looking for confirmation, go with your gut (Ni) and just roll with it don't be so bloody scared :laughing:

·
Registered
132 Posts
1) Nope never. Only reason anyone says that is to show they're interested.
2) Ye if I was friends with them why not?

Better point to make, if you're interested in the guy then stop looking for confirmation, go with your gut (Ni) and just roll with it don't be so bloody scared :laughing:
Pretty much this

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would appreciate some input, especially from INFJ guys. :)

1) Under what circumstances would you ever tell a girl "thinking of you"? Would you say this to a casual friend, or would you only typically say it to indicate romantic interest. I got a letter from a "friend" who I have a hunch may like me, and he mentioned that he was thinking of me.

I would only say this to someone if I was serious about pursuing them.
For me, it has very blatant romantic undertones, so I'm incredibly parsimonious in saying it, out of fear of leading someone on. If he's anything like me, you're in the clear :proud:

2) Would you keep up a long-distance email correspondence (for instance, 1 year) with a girl if you did not like her romantically?
Well personally I'm terrible at keeping in touch with people, so for me to make a conscious effort to keep in touch with a girl would guarantee that she means a great deal to me. Whether that be platonically or romantically I can't be sure, but the only girl I've remained in touch with was a serious crush of mine.

Thanks for any tips!
Hope it helps!

·
Registered
135 Posts
1) If I were to say this, it should be interpreted as:

"ZOMG I'm so madly in love with you! Please, say something, anything that could be interpreted as mutual interest, so that I'll know it's alright for me to actually try and make a move. Of course, I still probably won't, because, really, this is my move. So please, tell me you're interested in me romantically!!!!!!!!!!"

Of course, that's just me. There's no guarantee this guy and I have anything in common.

2) From experience, I can say that I'm pretty terrible about long-distance correspondence unless I'm really interested in someone. Granted, it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic interest, I would probably do this same with a friend.

[HR][/HR]
If you're interested in this guy, just do yourselves a favor and say something to him about it. If you're convinced that he's interested (it seems like you are), you should go with your gut. Unless you're like me, then you should do whatever you can to convince yourself that your gut is wrong, and do absolutely nothing about it, thus allowing a potentially fruitful relationship to wither and die. It's up to you, really.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts