Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INFPs, would you ever get carried away with talking to someone you liked? a guy I like that i'm trying to decipher does this sometimes, when we talk. he's normally quiet but he just can get carried away and then I become the shy one and I'm ENTP! I just give him attention and then he just keeps going on talking, haha. either about himself or like movies, music, or w/e we were talking about. and sometimes he'll just randomly start rambling and I'll ask him what he was saying and he can't answer, or he'll make random noises or w/e to get my attention or something? cause I usually just smile and am like "what are you doing?" and then he just smiles. sometimes we have longer than normal eye contact, too, and it's like I can't look away and I feel like we're the only ones in the room even though there's like 20 other kids and the teacher. sometimes I've even felt sexual tension? UNLESS I'M THE ONLY ONE FEELING THIS. or is this just normal behavior for an INFP (if he's even one, he just seems like one cause he's generally quiet, a loner, nerdy/geeky and artsy/musically oriented)? he often seems eager to see me when I come to class, and is usually the one that initiates conversations (I'd like to more, but he just makes me nervous) but when he talks he's either all goofy or he acts in a "cool" manner. Idk how to read him

I only see him during class though, and we have a lot of downtime in that class. we sit next to each other and don't interact much with the rest of the class cause we're antisocial like that (I like being social, I just blame my environment). I just don't know what to do.. we're two awkward people, awkward together, but I love being around him *blush* And even if he did like me idk if he'd even be interested in a relationship or how that could even happen since we're about to graduate school and etc. this is just so frustrating cause I wanna just attack him and makeout but it's just so aoj3oralmdlkqmrl/a.fEj. i'd be too nervous to even directly tell him I liked him or ask him out, but I feel like I've been pretty obvious.. in subtle ways. Like doesn't he ever wonder why I'm always so nice to him (most people at school don't give much attention to him, even though he's really cute. i guess its just because he's eccentric, but I'm eccentric too, so I like other eccentric people!)? And I always dress better on the days I have that class, haha. If he could tell I liked him, but didn't see me that way, wouldn't he make that clear, or not talk to me as much, to avoid leading me on? I just don't know where this is going, if anywhere at all.

for someone who's supposed to be intuitive, I kind of suck. But it's easier for me to read things involving other people. like it's easy for me to get sarcasm, unless it's directed at me.. then i'm confused. sometimes I feel like a closet INFP myself.

·
Registered
17,194 Posts
I'm pretty sure I myself am I INFP. It seems to be the right thing according to the functions.
I do get pretty carried away with topics of interest, I drown people in my thoughts on things that I enjoy. I could be dead silent then someone mentions something I know a lot about and i'm all over it. Become really social.
I'd say it's a pretty good sign that he's initiates conversations, think that would mean he's rather comfortable around you or at least enough that he seeks you out to talk when you're around.
If i don't feel comfortable or don't really relate to what is being talked about being social becomes a lot of work, its always exhausting but especially then because it takes a lot of thinking about the subject I don't care about or people who perhaps might be insulting to my oddities, I get worried sometimes because some people aren't too accepting and get really freaked out and thats stressful

I don't know about other INFP's but noticing romantic interests can be pretty hard unless being bold and direct. Because I either haven't ever had the thought that they like me and ignorant to it all and just enjoy their company or I thinkk about them a lot and wanting to be with them but not really confident enough to ask them.
Hope this helps a tiddley tad :) Good Luck Miss.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts