Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fact that after a horrible day and a terrible mistake, I wish I could complain?

Does that make me an SFP? This isn't some thing dissing SP, it's just a question? The reasoning behind is complicated.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
You might need to explain that complicated reasoning before I'm really going to know what functions you think this is

·
Banned
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh well i just think its Fi, because I'm super Fi, but I mean INFP/ENFPs want to be able to vent too right?

Someone I know just gives me the impression that they think that needing to vent is an Se thing, but I think it's either a human thing or an Fi thing if anything.
How would venting be an Se thing anyway?

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Right... personality type is far more complex than reactions to a bad day.

I think everyone vents. It's a healthy human way to release stress. The test results in your signature say ESFP. Want to talk about that?

·
Banned
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. I have yet to meet someone who doesn't occasionally like to vent about their day. What would matter more is the underlying drive behind your action.
Yeah I agree for sure!
What do you think the difference between the underlying reasons would be for the different cog types?

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Communicating in fragments is something that I often observe in Se dominants.

Reactions: AbioticPrime

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yeah I agree for sure!
What do you think the difference between the underlying reasons would be for the different cog types?
You're actually kind of approaching the whole thing backwards. You want to start with how you specifically feel about it and come up with an answer that way. The idea is that you have your own unique standpoint, reasoning, whatever and it's perfectly valid. Once you've put it into your own terms, then you can apply the best fit as it pertains to functions.

When you read the functions first and then try to cram your actions into one of eight fairly constricting definitions (depending on where you're getting your functional analysis), you run into problems. It doesn't always work well because a lot of what you do will fall into that gray area and that's normal.

·
Banned
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're actually kind of approaching the whole thing backwards. You want to start with how you specifically feel about it and come up with an answer that way. The idea is that you have your own unique standpoint, reasoning, whatever and it's perfectly valid. Once you've put it into your own terms, then you can apply the best fit as it pertains to functions.

When you read the functions first and then try to cram your actions into one of eight fairly constricting definitions (depending on where you're getting your functional analysis), you run into problems. It doesn't always work well because a lot of what you do will fall into that gray area and that's normal.
Yeah true, I mean I honestly think that my feelings on this is more of a human thing not so much a characteristic of a function. It's not like SJ's/NT's never vent about anything or need to talk about things on their mind. I was asking more-so for just curiosity than to try to type myself into something.
Basically the reason I feel like talking is because the person who I normally always talk to is the one who is angry with me right now and all the other people I know I can't talk to because it's too much of the personal business between me and the one who's mad at me, which is why I'm not just asking for advice or something like that, because even though I WANT to talk and vent, I can't because it's not just my own business and I wouldn't want it on the web where the other person can read it themselves and may feel uncomfortable even though it's anonymous. It's more-so just getting things off my chest than trying to get anyone to feel bad/feel human connection/anything else that normally needing to vent may be related to.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yeah true, I mean I honestly think that my feelings on this is more of a human thing not so much a characteristic of a function. It's not like SJ's/NT's never vent about anything or need to talk about things on their mind. I was asking more-so for just curiosity than to try to type myself into something.
Basically the reason I feel like talking is because the person who I normally always talk to is the one who is angry with me right now and all the other people I know I can't talk to because it's too much of the personal business between me and the one who's mad at me, which is why I'm not just asking for advice or something like that, because even though I WANT to talk and vent, I can't because it's not just my own business and I wouldn't want it on the web where the other person can read it themselves and may feel uncomfortable even though it's anonymous. It's more-so just getting things off my chest than trying to get anyone to feel bad/feel human connection/anything else that normally needing to vent may be related to.
I understand. A lot of people I know tend to do this; instead of directly addressing the problem, they feel more comfortable lightly beating it around the head and neck so they can work through it on their own with the aid of a human sounding board. I think we all do it to some extent—that is to say we all seek to project the problem onto a familiar medium so we can attack it without rancor. So, your question was less of a true inquiry and more of a seedling for exploring your own rational construct.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Just remember one thing; every personality type has value. It really annoys me hear that many SJs and SPs get painted with a bad picture; they have such amazing ability to deal with their current senses and create in ways that I rarely see from intuitives at all. Don't be embarrassed if you are ESFP, be proud. Ignore the stigma and show the forums why it is truly awesome to be an ESFP.

Sorry if that seemed off topic but it seems so many people at the forums are afraid to come out as ESFP or ESFJ just because of the stigma. I don't know if that's why you are confused, but please don't have shame if it is.

And venting is normal. Each type may have a variety of ways to help them vent, but that could relate to personal interest and maturity (which usually doesn't relate specifically to type). It's never healthy to do nothing with stress, and talking it out is completely legitimate.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Oh well i just think its Fi, because I'm super Fi, but I mean INFP/ENFPs want to be able to vent too right?

Someone I know just gives me the impression that they think that needing to vent is an Se thing, but I think it's either a human thing or an Fi thing if anything.
How would venting be an Se thing anyway?
Seriously, have you seen the INFP forum? Go in there, take a good look around, then come back here and you will understand that your question has been answered.

As for a real answer, everyone needs to vent, not just a certain type. We are all human, after all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts