Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
See, if you tell me it may make me cry my reaction is to ward off any emotions with about 3 walls of apathy before I even decide whether or not to listen to it. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Why would I intentionally listen to something sad? You should have tricked us into listening to it, by telling us it was a happy song. Or at least a funny one.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
My first reaction to even hearing that it might make me cry was "Kill it with FIRE!!!"

Reactions: Lune

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It has some said content but the voice of the guy singing doesn't inspire tears. He makes me think he's being disingenuous.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Are you sure you're not an INFP?

[Edit] It's the avatar, I swear. ISTP's seem to have a bad habit of picking off center avatars.

Reactions: Lune

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Are you sure you're not an INFP?

[Edit] It's the avatar, I swear. ISTP's seem to have a bad habit of picking off center avatars.
Its part of artistic theory that off center photos are more interesting and easy to relate to. We just pick up on that naturally I guess.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Cancer is sad, but the song isn't (to me). Plus, if I were to tear up at something cancer-related, it'd be because I was thinking of my mom or my aunt specifically.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Its part of artistic theory that off center photos are more interesting and easy to relate to. We just pick up on that naturally I guess.
BTW that Oscar the Grouch/Johnny Cash vid was awesome. I think ISTPs (or maybe just me) are best envisioned as a combination of Oscar and Cookie Monster. ("GTFO, but leave the cookies.")

:crazy:

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
BTW that Oscar the Grouch/Johnny Cash vid was awesome. I think ISTPs (or maybe just me) are best envisioned as a combination of Oscar and Cookie Monster. ("GTFO, but leave the cookies.")

:crazy:
I totally concur with this statement!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The singer doesn't sound very sad himself... He sounds a bit like he's belting out a tune after having a few drinks.

He keeps saying 'the hardest part of this is leaving you' but that's the most you hear about his feelings. He refuses to kiss anyone. Almost all the other words make it seem like he's concentrating on his appearance and his funeral. There's only one line about things he'll miss out on - marrying. I get it that he is in an unfortunate situation, but it doesn't really make me sad. No tears here.

To make the song sadder I'd get into the details of things we'd do together that we'd never do now or the impact my appearance has on me. Just stating the facts that your appearance has changed doesn't really mean much. It'll be better to say how you really feel about it. /closet feeler

·
Banned
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Now, I thought this song about cancer was pretty sad when I first heard it but it was the video that made me tear up a bit.
Ok. I had a tear or two. Thanks for nothing. :laughing:
It wasn't too much her having cancer that moved me though - I mainly thought it was so sweet how the guy shaved his head for her.
Maybe it was the images and the lack of a drumbeat in the song that made it more 'emotional'. The other song just had white words on a black background.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Ack his voice is horrid I stopped listening like 30secs into it...no tears from this guy...*shrug* not to be mean or hateful...but..
Stuff like death and possible death doesn't bug me....especially sense either someone around me is knocking on heavens door or death is on my back all the time...
*shrug* people die every day *shrug* no use crying over it wont help them any....

donate to research or become a medical professional/researcher...don't cry..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts