Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as you guys may or may not know, Ne- Extroverted Intuition- is the complete opposite of Si- Introverted Sensing.

Ne = external possibilities reliant on abstract reasoning
Si = introverted reflection and reliance on past experiences of sensory nature

So the thing is, for ENTPs and ENFPs, because their least is Si, they aren't very grounded people and it would seem they are quite active with their plans and ideas (not necessarily carrying them out, but they might or they might burst with them) due their Ne infer. Si nature.

But could an ENF/TP ever be so bored and uninterested with the world which they might see as repetitive and all the same that they get stuck into the same activities everyday, despite welcoming and being motivated by novelty? Because if they do, isn't this technically Si not working as an inferior?

I've tried looking at it the opposite way and I have seen Si doms use Ne but in the slightest. I see more points of Si does being anti Ne (based of experience in dealing with them) than using Ne.

I know a very little bit about Si looping, but what if it's in your nature to be quite routinised and do the same thing everyday and therefore it's not an alternative result to stress? Say if they are very open minded to potential possibilities and everything about Ne applies to them except that one angle, are all bets of the table for them being an ENF/TP?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
As i see it, if you are stuck on a routine it only means you are stuck in a routine
Ne dom people are more edgy about it, because they are active, extroverted, they are movement, so they might try to plan (seek for, call it as you wish) something to desperately escape that routine.
You have me for example, still not sure if Ne dom or Ni but thing is, i quit my pleasant job that had me jailed in bullshit for months and now i'm at home planning something big for the next months while doing other personal things that keep me interested.
That planing is what keeps me motivated.
For Si doms i think they are more likely to be ok with their Jobs, family life, Friends and those kind of things. They are that kind of people that pays a lot of attention to details of the structure, they know how this and that should be done, and they know when to say, there's no other way. For Pe dom people there's always another way. Ni cares about the system but they are more destructive about it, they mold it as clay. Si builds concrete high walls. Se uses brute forcé to go right through it, failing many times. Ne and Ni might dig a hole to get to the other side or call the pope to actívate an effective de demonizer plan.
So don't think of routines. Think of flexibility.
If you are a flexible person it means you are a Ne or Se dom.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have me for example, still not sure if Ne dom or Ni but thing is, i quit my pleasant job that had me jailed in bullshit for months and now i'm at home planning something big for the next months while doing other personal things that keep me interested.
I don't blame you. I found that with my last job, people get buried with repetive, procedural tasks everyday and are so heavily invested in it that they don't realise that this very same day is everyday in this role and can't see that their worry and pressure amounted to nothing and continued to and we're content with the way they played out the day. I would get so bored with it. Not only was I bad at my job but nobody wanted to try and just relax and nobody seemed to play out the day and because of that I also played into taking it seriously and letting my incompetence in the role and the hectic nature get to me. So yeah, I can completely see why, even though you said your experience was pleasant, being stuck in any task overload experience isn't good.

That planing is what keeps me motivated.
Maybe this is a Ne-Te thing?

For Si doms i think they are more likely to be ok with their Jobs, family life, Friends and those kind of things.
I agree with that big time. Any of the ones I've talked to, they survive really well in all those environments. I guess it's because Si-Te doesn't waste their time with inefficient thinking and can do the job just for the job and Si-Fe can appreciate the communal aspects of these things. It's a real strength-weakness situation when you think about it.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,421 Posts
From my experience, Ne-Doms like to talk about new things and project but getting out there and making them reality a whole other thing. So yes, in the meantime, it's very likely that they get stuck in a routine or a rut if you will (Inferior Si). Se-Doms are the reverse, they barely talk about anything, they just do it when the opportunity knocks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If that happens it sort of sounds like that Ne-dom has fallen into depression.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
I could see this being something MBTI Step III might examine, perhaps detailing ENPs' coping mechanisms in an environment which has forced them into a non-ideal role or actively discourages their strongest preferences for whatever reason. I think it's important for your typing to bear in mind your preferences, not necessarily what you actually do on a daily basis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts