Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been going on reading forever how ISFPs are polite creatures who you should not scare off by talking loudly and all. Hurr! I am an ISFP and I have no tact. I love being honest and if i do not like you from the bottomless depth of my heart (this is a very rare happening) you are so going to know that. It is true that I do not like people yelling needlessly but if someone yells at me i am gonna yell back. But if i meet someone who is too loud(energy wise and voice wise) i feel drained after a while.
Anyway, coming to the point i have been blunt throughout. People have disliked me for that and yet that has made me pick the right people to be my friends.
All in all, at the end of the day, my bluntness seems like a bliss. :happy:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've come to realize I'm too expressive for my own good. No matter what I say the frown always comes out. People immediately know when I'm not ok with something.
I don't really dislike anyone. But I have said some baad things to some people, which I still regret.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I've come to realize I'm too expressive for my own good. No matter what I say the frown always comes out. People immediately know when I'm not ok with something.
I don't really dislike anyone. But I have said some baad things to some people, which I still regret.
This is definitely me too. Sometimes even the tone of my voice changes and everyone can tell even if I try to hide it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Lucky, I wish I was more expressive. :sad:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Whoever said, in response to "Does this make me look fat", the immortal words "No, your fat makes you look fat." was probably ISFP.:blushed:

Seriously, I sometimes wonder how my OH survived thus far. I can think of many people (including my mother) who would happily have floored him.

But - it is something that a lot of the time I admire. There have been many, many times that his forthright nature and speaking out when it matters has made the difference between a success and failure. Including moving from London to Wales.

Reactions: dizzygirl

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys are so funny sometimes. At times you don't speak your mind because it may hurt someone. Or you're polite for the sake of keeping peace. At other times you don't sugar coat what you say. If something is good, you say it's good. If something is bad, you say it's bad.

I love it.
Yes I agree with what u wrote Clonester! There are some rather numbered times when i tell a white lie to not make someone feel bad. Then there are days when I see no point to it! I'm like if it's not the honest opinion, it's not an opinion.:bored:
And Honestfi- :tongue:
haha maybe they were an ISFP

·
Registered
474 Posts
Whoever said, in response to "Does this make me look fat", the immortal words "No, your fat makes you look fat." was probably ISFP.:blushed:

That actually sounds like something a T would say.

If someone asks for my honest opinion I will always give them my honest opinion. I'm never rude about it though. If they asked my opinion and I honestly thought something didn't flatter them, I would tell them and then give them suggestions on what I think would look better.

To tell somebody that their fat makes them look fat sounds very hurtful and tasteless. I could never see myself saying that to somebody.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@mina- so you are never blunt per se?

·
Registered
474 Posts
@mina- so you are never blunt per se?
It depends on which definition of blunt you are referring to.

In the direct sense, yes I am blunt. I'm right to the point. I'm not blunt in the insensitive sense though. I choose my words wisely.

If somebody asks me if a certain pair of pants make them look fat, I wouldn't say no your fat makes you look fat. That's not what they were asking. Certain clothes are just not flattering on different people no matter what size or weight you are. Most of the time the problem is the person is just wearing the wrong size of something.

Here's an example about weight that just happened. The other week a coworker came up to me and asked if I thought she could lose some weight. She's been up and down in her weight a lot, so she said looking in the mirror doesn't really help anymore. Now, am I going to be "blunt" and insensitive and say something like, "well if looking in the mirror doesn't work, doesn't your scale work? You gained a lot of weight!" Or am I going to be blunt/to the point, RESPECTFUL, and tell her the truth. Definitely the latter. I'm honest, sensible, and to the point. Just as much as I wouldn't be insensitive, I would never lie and say, "oooh not at allll!!! You look so healthy!! Maybe just a few pounds if anything." After we talked for a few minutes she said she really respects my opinions and she knows I will always tell her like it is. She showed me a print out yesterday, and she's already lost 7 pounds in under two weeks. So it is VERY possible to help somebody in a blunt manner without humiliating them. I feel much better with myself when I know I helped somebody, not hurt them.

Hope that clears it up for you ;]

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
exactly.
the quote was like an anecdote that Honestfi shared. it's not what i originally said but i think that an ISFP vry well myt say that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
More often than not, it doomifies things. I'm always offending people. However, I'm terrible at lying, so it's best that I stay away from even white lies.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Shinydrowz- i agree! but with me it's more the fact that i dislike lying. hence the truth. and when it's not possible to speak the truth, i have to lie. but i try to make that 'not a habit'.

·
Registered
672 Posts
:blushed: The quote was an off-the-cuff, stereotype remark, and I wouldn't presume to assign it directly - actually, my OH would probably never say it, but is an extreme example of a remark he could come out with. We are all different, but I still believe it is more SF than ST.

What I have noticed is that your criticism is direct, rather than in a roundabout way "Well I think you should...", "That sounds like a good idea...", "Whatever you think...", "I couldn't presume to form an opinion..." - are sentences that you rarely, if ever, come out with. If some asks for opinion, you give it, direct. Point I was trying to make.:happy:

·
Banned
193 Posts
Yeah, in my experience, most ISFPs try to be polite but can accidentally sound blunt when explaining themselves, after the polite reluctance. Then again I've met a lot of ESFPs (also ENFPs) that'll say really blunt things that are offensive but meant to conjure fun, they usually get hurt if the other person really gets offended in a hurt way from the bantering.

·
Registered
94 Posts
@Shinydrowz- i agree! but with me it's more the fact that i dislike lying. hence the truth. and when it's not possible to speak the truth, i have to lie. but i try to make that 'not a habit'.
Hah when It seems to hard to say the truth I usually put up a closed smile and say nothing, and hope that people can pick up on the hint.
Yes, it frustrates people. But I really don't want to make a habit out of lying either.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
right-o! :p

·
Registered
490 Posts
The way I see it is that sometimes a little white lie saves the day, while other times a little white lie ruins your day.

I have a really hard time openly disliking things that don't matter. For example, I don't want to tell my friends when I don't like a song or movie that they like. I don't want to make them feel bad or like they have bad taste. I'm cool with having different tastes in things without putting eachother down. So sometimes I'll just say "yeah, that song is cool." or something like that.

On the other hand, if you mistake my niceness for weakness or naivete, then I will have to smack ya down. Not physically smack ya down, but I'll have to let you know whats up. When this happens, people are always really shocked that the little quiet girl can actually get quite ballsy.

I must say, though, that I'm an awful liar. Its probably the most unnatural thing for me to do. Sometimes I even tell on myself because I cant stand to/suck at lying. People tend to find it endearing from what I can tell. :/

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Someone always gets offended when I'm blunt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts