Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed the descriptions of the MBTI types commonly talk about how it affects and relates to careers, relationships, parenting, and the like but rarely do I see anything about how it relates to diet and exercise. As a personal trainer, I'm curious to see if there is a link, and am beginning my investigation by seeing if there is any correlation to Dr. Kushner's Diet Personalities and the MBTI types. I'd really appreciate it if you could take my survey! Also feel free to post about what your diet looks like and what forms of physical activity you like to engage in. I'll be sure to keep anyone interested posted on what I find!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9GFJPLK

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
I think this is real. I think IXFX are likely to be "conscious eaters"...I have speculated full blown anorexia in some IXFJ, and people claim IXFP are more likely to be vegan because it usually involves such a measured ethical form of thought. I think Se might lend itself to overeating or binging, my problem has always been gluttony rather than sloth. ..I have muscular legs, have been super active and outdoorsy since childhood, but love good food and wine, and honestly having an ETHICAL bent towards diet helps me as an Fi user so I don't just eat everything and then go for a run to stay fit and proportionate (common in middle and upper class Americans, eating shit and gymming it off).

I think Si doms are better at following program diets, like "eat this for breakfast lunch and dinner" or something like Paleo, that's really weird and detailed. I also think Si types who aren't health conscious are simply more susceptible to eating the same thing every day/week, or being afraid to try new foods, and being stubborn about habits rather than overeating, they just may be attached to the wrong foods. It's one of the reasons I think Andy Warhol was an ISFJ, he ate Campbell's soup for like forty years. It's not always about sexual stereotype.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
All the double negatives were driving me nuts. :angry:

Food:
- I don't have a strict diet. I eat fair proportions, never until I'm full. I love fruits and veggies, but I'm also a carb junkie.
- I do snack, but I allow myself small cheats on the day of a workout rather than big cheat indulgences once a week or something.
- I am NOT an emotional/depressed eater, but I AM a bored eater (which wasn't one of the survey options). When I have nothing else to do, I look for snacks or food. This can range from popcorn, to cheese, or fruits (depends on what's available)
- out of the 21 "meals" a week, I eat out maybe 3-4 times.

Excercise:
- I like to be focused when I'm working out. So I work out at home. Never stepped foot into a gym. It's much like doing a text, exam, homework or even being on the phone. I hate having someone in my vicinity when I'm trying to "perform".
- I work out about 3 times a week, HIIT about 40 minutes. Occasionally I will throw in Yoga and weights.

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Registered
ENFP
4,207 Posts
I learned about my eating habits by reading up on Aruveyda body types and its personal cravings.

I do not have a strict diet, but I mostly eat anything tangy, salty, some spice and oil, and little sugar.

I crave hardly any sugar. I will have a tiny bite size of a cake or ice-cream and I am good to go!

I prefer mostly veggies stir-fried like snow peas or water spinach.. I crave crave water spinach with garlic.. so yummy and shrimp.

I love all sorts of seafood, and do mostly all organic in my diet. I consider myself to be a conscious eater, and sometimes feel guilty about eating animals but at the same time it is something I grew up eating. I most typically like Vietnamese and Japanese flavor profiles, Italian, and Mexican cuisines. What I mostly cook. And eggplants are sooo goood.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I learned about my eating habits by reading up on Aruveyda body types and its personal cravings.

I do not have a strict diet, but I mostly eat anything tangy, salty, some spice and oil, and little sugar.

I crave hardly any sugar. I will have a tiny bite size of a cake or ice-cream and I am good to go!

I prefer mostly veggies stir-fried like snow peas or water spinach.. I crave crave water spinach with garlic.. so yummy and shrimp.

I love all sorts of seafood, and do mostly all organic in my diet. I consider myself to be a conscious eater, and sometimes feel guilty about eating animals but at the same time it is something I grew up eating. I most typically like Vietnamese and Japanese flavor profiles, Italian, and Mexican cuisines. What I mostly cook. And eggplants are sooo goood.
My ayurvedic type appears to be either pitta or vata-pitta mix. This is based on internet quizzes mostly lol. One said I was mentally vata and physically pitta which I thought was interesting. It seems to correlate w/ my MBTI type and ecto-mesomorph body type.

Pittas are supposed to restrict many things vatas are meant to eat more of (like spicy food). So it depends on the balance of the two. I'm a bit addicted to spicy food. I love Indian and Mexican. I think my diet and ayurvedic type are related to MBTI type because it sort of resembles keeping inferior Se in balance. I also get kinda disgusted by excessive sweetness or carbs, and/or depressed because they feel "empty". but I crave meat often and salt occasionally.

Anywho, got a 404 on the survey so just posting a summary here instead.

·
Registered
15,338 Posts
Unsure - I tend to forget to eat meals when I'm too excited or if my days too busy and I don't really care about what time I eat or how much I eat - I don't get gross out if I share food or drink with other people and I can eat on the go - perhaps that deals with inferior Si ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
For the most part, I eat fairly healthy. Most of it has to do with my upbringing though, not so much type. My parents are pretty traditional and we usually ate dishes from their culture on a daily basis which consisted mostly of fish and fresh veggies that they've grown. I'm not a picky eater though and I'm willing to eat anything. However, eating out for me is rare especially for fast food. Stuff like McDonald's makes me sick afterwards so I avoid it unless I'm in a hurry. The only exception was when I lived on my own for my first two years of college. I didn't have time to cook so I ate out more frequently after study sessions.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I'm not entirely picky, but I am to a lot of my peers. I don't eat meat from establishments that don't state it was raised in a humane manner and I try to eat it twice a week (sometimes). I try and shove a few fruits and vegetables into every meal, and am doing my best to cut out sweets and potato chips.

Mine is more so forcing myself to eat throughout the day, because a lot of times I'll just forget to. Unless it's amazing food, I don't really get excited to eat so it's easily forgettable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Survey emits 404. Well, I think I am ENTP though not entirely sure :)

I was quite hedonistic in my eating habits up until I have read the Paleo Solution book. It goes into detail of the chemical and biological processes going on inside the body. So, just my kind of book, apart from the very unconventional sarcastic tone of the author.

It frightened me to learn what horrors my poor body was going through trying to keep up and desperately trying to stay healthy through tons of junk food I was forcing it to digest. Since I am quite sceptic and scientifically minded, I investigated this topic for a few years and slowly formed my current and continuously being updated diet preference.

I don't know if my before or after diet have anything to do with ENTP though :D

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
ENFP - ectomorph
No strict diet,80% healthy. I will eat a LOT however as I practice calisthenics full body strength training (needs FUEL) and will eat mostly MEAT, FRUITS & VEGETABLES with some carbohydrates. I like spicy food and food in general. Cooking is relaxing and fun imo. I also take vitamins.

I'm that kind of guy who can eat a truckload and never gets fat. >D my metabolism is a freak beast and the envy of all my female colleagues lmao!

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
How you eat (and whether you have the luxury of going to your Whole Foods or local farm for grassfed organic beef) has more to do with your economic status than anything else.

But sure, I'm guessing NTs are more likely to be higher in that, since they had the luxury of a lifestyle that lets them pursue more intellectual hobbies, rewards them for it, and allows for more intellectual development overall than someone raised in the ghetto by parents without an education. Kind of hard to learn to develop apps for your Android in that sort of environment (plus likely additional responsibilities), I imagine.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
How you eat (and whether you have the luxury of going to your Whole Foods or local farm for grassfed organic beef) has more to do with your economic status than anything else.
o.o that depends. I know many ppl who are kinda poor or grew up poor (myself), but we ate right, because we grew up on farms. Organic food can also be very cheap and easy to get if one doesn't live in a big city, mostly because everyone will be farming to some extent, most ppl will have relatively large gardens they maintain.

But sure, I'm guessing NTs are more likely to be higher in that, since they had the luxury of a lifestyle that lets them pursue more intellectual hobbies, rewards them for it, and allows for more intellectual development overall than someone raised in the ghetto by parents without an education. Kind of hard to learn to develop apps for your Android in that sort of environment (plus likely additional responsibilities), I imagine.
Well yeah, one's environment and the people one interacts with determine a lot in life. o.o so get out, grab a computer, move to the country side, get internet connection. One can learn a LOT from just the internet.

For example, I'm Hungarian, born in communist Romania 1986. Parents were poor, grandparents were basic farmers. Spent most of my childhood on farm land, running around on the fields, fishing, climbing trees and basically eating right out of the garden with other kids. Poverty, shitty post communist school system with outdated learning material o.o never really stopped me from learning or eating right. I didn't eat junk food mostly because I couldn't afford it. McDonalds is kinda fuckin expensive you know.

I didn't know much till I hit my 20's, dad never said any advice cus he never knew any better. I took me and my need to develop myself, that is what got me on the road towards learning how to become successful in life. Well that and a connection to a vast repository of knowledge: the internet.

Eating right imo is part of success, its just like thinking right, because one can't get far with the wrong kind of fuel in one's system or a broken operating system inside one's skull.

Eating right doesn't have to be costly. I manage to eat right with a monthly salary of 300 Euros & I continue working on myself & my craft towards success.

Reactions: OP

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
Well yeah, one's environment and the people one interacts with determine a lot in life. o.o so get out, grab a computer, move to the country side, get internet connection. One can learn a LOT from just the internet.
Well, were you in the U.S.? I just personally don't know that many places here where you can be relatively poor, but own land. We certainly do have farmers, it's just not such a large part of the population (I think). Very urbanized.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
STP

My diet is full on or full off.

Healthy on weekdays, then food splurge on weekends. I do believe in trying to maintain a healthy diet in general, but I also believe in indulging in the joys of life and well I love food. I do try and stay on a lower carb end but not like a full blown atkins counting thing at all. I like to keep my calories low again not in a nutty way where I am asking waiters on a date what the calorie count is (I can let lose-just do not jack up my calories up in things that can be avoided like beverages, condiments, creamer & sugar ie I do not drink 600 calories frappucino -I would rather have a burger at that calorie count-so see its not that I deny myself everything-but I make choices what I would rather have and not just consume everything). I am a high protein person. Not non meat.

I do sprints alot a few times a week no specific days or times just when the wind blows me. I do stretches and toning. All light stuff that keeps me flexible and lightly toned but nothing that feels like a terrible nutty chore.

I do not tend to actually communicate this stuff to other people. I recently had a friend that is trying to get active and healthy that caught wind from my kids talking about my going for my 'walks' and then she was like ah we need to go walk. (I like having that for myself its at my own pace and my own space of mind). She is more someone who needs another person to do stuff with her. She does not get that I do not sprint run or walk because of weight goal or activity goal like her its because it frees my mind. Lol so I have been walking with her at a snails pace (like no cardio- I move faster to get from point A to B in the supermarket) and then I go and re do the same route later at night sprinting-uh I guess I am getting double the workout-but seriously it has nothig to do with just saying I did such and such-its like therapy for me.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Well, were you in the U.S.? I just personally don't know that many places here where you can be relatively poor, but own land. We certainly do have farmers, it's just not such a large part of the population (I think). Very urbanized.
Never went to the US myself. My brother is in Cape Cod right now. From what he tells me :p your bread isn't exactly bread lol, but from his waiter job where he makes like 12-15 USD an hour in tips he can get quality food and other stuff rather easy as the options in the US far exceed anything at home.

Neither he nor I is used to going out to eat. Things like that you just rarely do here as it is expensive. o.o so we kinda know how to cook, as it is a necessity.

^^; my brother however is even more driven to succeed then I. He said he will own a yacht one day or die trying.

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
It is aggravating spending money on bought food, but for those of us with 9-5 jobs, it's easier to at least get lunch outside because bringing in a lunchbox can stink up the office. It's kind of bulky and annoying too, if you do your shopping in the city and need to take a long commute home (want to reduce number of items to carry.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts