Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title asks...

I recently arrived in China. But previous to this I spent a few weeks touring around in Thailand....I got a little bored....took a motorbike up a mountain with a friend....and crashed it just before reaching the top.

This event landed me with a bit of a 'reputation', plus a bad name for getting a girl hurt (which I was very ashamed of). Although it still made for a good story to others tell later on.

I damaged a tendon in my leg, but when that's healed up I plan to go bungee jumping for the first time. :)

Share your stories...

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
As the title asks...

I recently arrived in China. But previous to this I spent a few weeks touring around in Thailand....I got a little bored....took a motorbike up a mountain with a friend....and crashed it just before reaching the top.

This event landed me with a bit of a 'reputation', plus a bad name for getting a girl hurt (which I was very ashamed of). Although it still made for a good story to others tell later on.

I damaged a tendon in my leg, but when that's healed up I plan to go bungee jumping for the first time. :)

Share your stories...
Ah, Thai tattoos. They can be great story material. :crazy:

I have gotten a pretty solid reputation as a breaker of "toys". I'm always looking to push the envelope, and sometimes I simply push too hard. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to do that even with stuff that belongs to others, and I simply can't seem to quit. :blushed:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, Thai tattoos. They can be great story material. :crazy:

I have gotten a pretty solid reputation as a breaker of "toys". I'm always looking to push the envelope, and sometimes I simply push too hard. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to do that even with stuff that belongs to others, and I simply can't seem to quit. :blushed:
Yes indeed.

I recently opened up my iPod to replace a battery and ended up broking a cable. I purchased a replacement cable and fixed it in place....and then broke another.

It got rather frustrating and found itself lying in 'the broken pile' for a while....at least it wasn't someone elses!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes but I take care not to put others("civilians") at risk. You should never endanger others.

I also did an operation on my PMP.
Fixed the extremely scratched and dirty screen by tearing it down to it's basic parts and cleaned it, gritted it and polished the parts. But put it together too soon while still wet and shortened some parts of it, I believe. Some pixels behave strangely now but at least they can be seen, clearly too. Both a win and a loss for the PMP but I gained experience.

I don't go and break others toys. I call it respect.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I don't go and break others toys. I call it respect.
The "respect" on my part has become to simply avoid using other people's stuff, including things that should have no way of breaking. I once broke a throwing knife. By throwing it at a target. :shocked:
Of course, ultimately, if I hadn't used force when throwing, and/or if the knife had struck at a less stressing angle, it wouldn't have broken, but point is, it wasn't mine. A few similar episodes have stuck with a couple of friends and given me the reputation I mentioned earlier in their minds, and I guess my current unwillingness to borrow other peoples stuff on one hand means I don't break more things, but on the other hand means that I'm not fixing the current situation either. :mellow:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
AHHHH. An ESTP I know does this. To MY stuff. NOT HIS. Mine. The moron RAVAGED my printer to "fix it" without my permission, and ended up killing it completely.

NO, NO, NO. Leave the goddamn computer stuff to the INTPs. :angry:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Se landing me in trouble... cant think of anything... Got into serious problems, but that was rather based on misapplication of Ti

·
Registered
115 Posts
NO, NO, NO. Leave the goddamn computer stuff to the INTPs. :angry:
I got an INTP brother that got some skills with computers. We have both been into it although his programming skills is greater than mine. My stuff I do for a reason, there is something that needs to be done and it will be put into practical use quite fast. Functions will be added after time.
His stuff? Mostly weird without any practical use. Most of the time his private comp doesn't even work because of an experiment. If it does, the use is very limited.
I look on the comp as a tool to solve things, practical stuff. He is in love with "solving" but usually destroys it.

Latest real word reference.
I am currently working on something that simulates air resistance among other stuff because to have better knowledge of the things I might buy. And it works good but there is more to do for a closer to real life simulation.

Last time he had moved his boot sector to another encrypted drive that he now can't access anymore. But it certainly was "cool" to get it super duper secure... from who one might ask. Reinstall and loss of data.

You want your computer to work, efficiently, ask an ISTP. You want your computer transformed to something unrecognizable, as an INTP. That's my limited experience.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
You want your computer to work, efficiently, ask an ISTP. You want your computer transformed to something unrecognizable, ask an INTP. That's my limited experience.
ISFJ males are the way to go for general computer repair/maintenance.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
NOT the ISFJ I deal with. He nearly spilled wine on my laptop. :angry: He's so lucky it was "nearly" otherwise blood would have spilled as well.

The more I think about it...the more EVERYBODY needs to *stay away* from anything electronic of mine.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
No, not really. I don't think mine is developed enough.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Wow...My Se has always kept me out of trouble..and has saved my life a few times....you sure you are using it right lol....It's like bloody spider sense for me.:proud:....and it helps me troubleshoot and usually become a guru where ever I work..

Reactions: Abuwabu

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Wow...My Se has always kept me out of trouble..and has saved my life a few times....you sure you are using it right lol....It's like bloody spider sense for me.:proud:....and it helps me troubleshoot and usually become a guru where ever I work..
Haha, you have a point there...

The Se saved me from getting seriously injured in that little scenario I mentioned in the thread. I couldn't live without it.

In this thread I was referring more to Se acting as a pull towards dangerous or adventurous places. Does it lead you into a position where you sometimes stop and think 'wait a minute, this is a really stupid place to be' or 'what happened do my usually very sound logic, this is situation is rather scary, and logic suggests I leave/stop what i'm doing/give up right now?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NOT the ISFJ I deal with. He nearly spilled wine on my laptop. :angry: He's so lucky it was "nearly" otherwise blood would have spilled as well.

The more I think about it...the more EVERYBODY needs to *stay away* from anything electronic of mine.
The difference there is that an ISTP would never had told you that had happened.

ISFJ's and their martyr-like conscience....sigh....

·
Registered
889 Posts
Haha, you have a point there...

The Se saved me from getting seriously injured in that little scenario I mentioned in the thread. I couldn't live without it.

In this thread I was referring more to Se acting as a pull towards dangerous or adventurous places. Does it lead you into a position where you sometimes stop and think 'wait a minute, this is a really stupid place to be' or 'what happened do my usually very sound logic, this is situation is rather scary, and logic suggests I leave/stop what i'm doing/give up right now?
My Se's saved my ass a few times, too.

The places where it's gotten me into trouble have been more "this seems like fun...oh shit!" as something unexpected happened.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
The difference there is that an ISTP would never had told you that had happened.

ISFJ's and their martyr-like conscience....sigh....
hahaha

I saw him spill the glass, but I'm sure he would've told me all the same. :crazy:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah, I can relate to that. I definitely am pulled to dangerous situations, against my "better judgement". But honestly, I'm okay with that. Who wants to live a normal life, anyway?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yeah, I can relate to that. I definitely am pulled to dangerous situations, against my "better judgement". But honestly, I'm okay with that. Who wants to live a normal life, anyway?
*raises hand* Uh...I want to live a normal life...but alas it has eluded me....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Where d'you get this from? Curious as all the ISFJs I know are too busy painting each other's faces or writing screen plays to do something as real world as computer repair/maintainence

Intrigued

1 - 20 of 23 Posts