Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happens to me many times a day:

I'm minding my own business, doing nothing much / on my way to some place, or doing anything really...And...Something reminds me of something else and all of a sudden I'm daydreaming about something happening around me. I'll imagine someone say something or someone appear somewhere or well...Anything. And it'll go own for some time until something "wakes" me up from my imagination and I'll be taken by surprise of reality caus my imagination felt so real. ^^'

And when it's dark and eerie, I'll imagine people following me, or something alike and then I'll HAVE to look behind me just to check.

So...How about you?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yes!!!! I blame Paranormal activity, the films are a load of crap and didn't scare me at the time, but the ideas they have left behind in my mind are probably going to freak me out for the rest of my life. Think in future I shall stay away from such films that play on my imagination, lol.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I miss out on a lot of things or I put myself in danger because I'm often too caught up in my head. For example (I have already shared this in one of my previous posts) one time I walked towards the middle of the road without being aware of it because I was deeply preoccupied with my thoughts. I only realised the danger when I was already standing on the white line separating two lanes. Luckily, there was no car around. And I've always had this eerie vision that I'd die in a car crash because a lot of times I zone out while being behind the wheels.

Also, it's frustrating to have these colourful ideas while hardly having the opportunity to share them. I feel like a bottle on the verge of exploding.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Yes!!!! I blame Paranormal activity, the films are a load of crap and didn't scare me at the time, but the ideas they have left behind in my mind are probably going to freak me out for the rest of my life. Think in future I shall stay away from such films that play on my imagination, lol.

And you thought some silly movie was creepy... :wink:

Reactions: Raain

·
Registered
404 Posts
This happens to me al lthe time. So caught up in my mind that what is going on in there is more real than what is around me. It can be triggered by anything - music, something i am reading, someone i see. I do a lot of creative writing so it is never wasted.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
My imagination wanders all the time. What would it be like to be dating this person? BAM! I create a scenario in my head based off of that. I'm reading and all of a sudden BAM! The words from the book I'm reading suddenly blend and leave me to imagine the story as it is in my head. This causes me to imagine every single possibility of every single situation and I always get taken by surprise as the events I never contemplated occur...

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
hmmmm I think I'll chicken out on that and watch it in the morning, when I am not about to go to bed haha. :tongue: :laughing:
Aww, come on! Live a little!

While you still can... mwahaha...

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Sometimes, my imagination works for my benefit. Here's an example: I once had a friend who would repeat the same events whenever we'd get together; I soon realized she just liked talking about herself and she didn't have much social grace in realizing that dialogue takes two people, so she'd drone on-and-on about the same old events, thoughts, etc. to me while I would zone out and start imagining entertaining thoughts and ideas. My imagination was my getaway in these instances.
But to be more on point, yes, my imagination tends to get the better of me. I think it's both a curse and a blessing having such an ever-renewing imagination, but I'm doing what I can to make it more a blessing nowadays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts