Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to type myself from inferior functions because dominant functions weren't enough for me. Here's the question: Does the tertiary have the same effect as inferior?

For me, inferior Si fits me the best. I tend to focus on the issue that it makes me feel bad and obssess over it for the rest of the day at my absolute worst. I can't even distract myself when I'm there.I also beat myself up for my repeated mistakes. And the worst? I tend to elevate a minor issue into a major problem at my worst. My family says that I'm lengthening those small issues too much. My pessimism tends to be specific.

Other signs of inferior Si: My fear of boredom and commitment, thinking that being "traditional" is being "sheeple", struggling to explain myself because they expect me to commit and I can't. I just say that I'm interested in everything.

Then inferior Ti, Te, Fe and Fi. I sometimes feel inferior to others and sometimes snap at others (snapping is caused by obssession over that one issue) but my social inhibition also grows. I also have some inferior Ne traits like thinking of worst case scenarios and that irrational hope but they also happen when I'm normal. It may be caused by high Neuroticism. But I don't really get absolutely paralyzed by them.

I also tend to run randomly and "seizurely" with a lot of random thoughts in my head. (Probably dom Ne) I don't really run at my worst state. I just sit there and worry about that one issue instead.

Does tertiary, PoLR and demon functions activate like your inferior?

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,986 Posts
Unpopular opinion: Functions that are so low in stack don't really matter much

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,418 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
In theory, no.

Tertiary is something you like to be engaged with, in fact that's your favourite function.
That's your holiday, your vacation, your chocolate factory ...

Inferior function is something you fight against - with your dominant function.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm trying to type myself from inferior functions because dominant functions weren't enough for me. Here's the question: Does the tertiary have the same effect as inferior?

For me, inferior Si fits me the best. I tend to focus on the issue that it makes me feel bad and obssess over it for the rest of the day at my absolute worst. I can't even distract myself when I'm there.I also beat myself up for my repeated mistakes. And the worst? I tend to elevate a minor issue into a major problem at my worst. My family says that I'm lengthening those small issues too much. My pessimism tends to be specific.

Other signs of inferior Si: My fear of boredom and commitment, thinking that being "traditional" is being "sheeple", struggling to explain myself because they expect me to commit and I can't. I just say that I'm interested in everything.

Then inferior Ti, Te, Fe and Fi. I sometimes feel inferior to others and sometimes snap at others (snapping is caused by obssession over that one issue) but my social inhibition also grows. I also have some inferior Ne traits like thinking of worst case scenarios and that irrational hope but they also happen when I'm normal. It may be caused by high Neuroticism. But I don't really get absolutely paralyzed by them.

I also tend to run randomly and "seizurely" with a lot of random thoughts in my head. (Probably dom Ne) I don't really run at my worst state. I just sit there and worry about that one issue instead.

Does tertiary, PoLR and demon functions activate like your inferior?
There isn’t anything inconsistent there with being a Ne dom. Inferior Si manifests as authority questioning. I get stuck in Ne/Ti iteration loops where I run over the same problem in slightly different variations. You sound Fi though. NFPs can be harder to tell apart because inferior Si is similar to some Enneagram 4 behaviours IMO. Also an immature ENFP whose Tert Te has yet to manifest looks similar to Inf Te INFP. How do you deal with fear/head triad? ENFPs usually have a 7 component from Dom Ne, While INFPs tend more to 5/6 traits.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,383 Posts
A lot of people over-estimate their Inferior and under-estimate their Tert.

For instance I have an ENTP friend who always thinks he's an expert at every single subject we discuss because he quote ''looked into it for hours'', when in fact he just grazes the surface of anything he finds interesting and severely over-estimates how much he understands all the intricacies. He also gets his information from Youtube videos and from people who have second-hand information i.e. NIT experts.

Likewise, he always says he is super antisocial and kind of an asshole and can't relate to people, yet when I'm with him in public he's actually very people savvy and charming and reads them with good accuracy. He mistakes having no interests in others as being socially awkward, which is not the case.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
PoLR function is something that you think you're good at but actually suck or have little success in using it.

My friend is an ENTJ and he is convinced that he has a very good memory, he remembers every little detail...etc..
When in fact everything I tell him or ask him about the past he says he doesn't remember. Yet he remembers very irrelevant and minor details - or notices very minor details like a bug or something - that others would have quickly forgotten or would not care.

PoLR is called the Trickster function for a reason. It's the very reason why INTPs/INFPs dress weird (Se trickster) or INTJs and in some case ISTJs can act weird (Fe trickster), or ESFPs and ENFPs often make up their mind about something that doesn't make sense (Ti trickster).

Trickster is a bitch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd say no, my tertiary doesn't activate like my inferior. I'm very aware of my tertiary function, Fe. I know when I'm using it and I enjoy using it. My inferior function, Ni, on the other hand...I don't even know if it exists in me right now haha. Or on the off chance I do use Ni, I really don't realize it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The inferior is the function that we tend to kinda hate/reject when we're young, and then see it's usefulness as we mature and realize we actually admire it in others, even if we can't handle it well ourselves. The PoLR, is the one we constantly wonder how other people can just seemingly do with no trouble. On top of that, when we do use it, it can be like overcompensation. Being aware of this void does almost nothing to lessen the blindness, mostly due to the overvaluation of your tertiary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts