tell us your fave dog breeds ENFPs!!!

I love Mongrels, but if I were to get any breed it would be:
in order of love :)

Shar Pei

English Bulldog

Husky

Boxer

Cant help saying " I Wuv You " to the pictures
I am not a huge pet fan but I must say that English bulldogs is in the top 2 on my list :)

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
In no particular order...

Argentine Dogo

Boxer

Bull Terrior

Dachshund

Basenji

English Pointer

American Bulldog

Basset Hound

Beagle

Brittany Spaniel

Toy Fox Terrier

·
Registered
386 Posts
Pitbull:

Rottweiler:

Doberman:

I'm beginning to think that you might possibly be more aggressive than I am.

Impressive!

Everyone keeps showing puppy versions, which is just not fair on an emotional level. :(

How can I objectively evaluate an entire breed after being exposed to this sort of kryptonite?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I wish I had more patience for dogs. They are so much work and right now I am babysitting my mother's two chihuahua's and then i have my own two. :( I much prefer cats to dogs because the dog require so much attention. I'm at my wits end with this dog business.

However, if I had to choose I like small dogs. Preferably a house trained small dog that doesn't shed much and is easy to control. I'm not sure what breed that would be? Lol

Maybe I just like other people's dogs. Lol :)

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
@LimeDegree

I'm beginning to think that you might possibly be more aggressive than I am.

Impressive!

1. How do you figure Im more aggressive than you are? Were both counterphobes. Though, I am Sx first.

2. All the dog breeds I chose are fiercely protective and loyal to their owner. Did you hear about the pitbull that took a bullet to the head trying to shield its owner from an attack?

I like "cute" dogs, but I see no point in owning an animal that would sit by and look cute while someone was trying to harm you. Also "aggressive" breeds are often just as playful and loving as the lower aggression breeds but often get a bad rap because of bad owners.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I wish I had more patience for dogs. They are so much work and right now I am babysitting my mother's two chihuahua's and then i have my own two. :( I much prefer cats to dogs because the dog require so much attention. I'm at my wits end with this dog business.

However, if I had to choose I like small dogs. Preferably a house trained small dog that doesn't shed much and is easy to control. I'm not sure what breed that would be? Lol

Maybe I just like other people's dogs. Lol :)
Toy Tox Terrier...but not one that's realllly small. The small ones don't like to go outside in the cold. Luckily, mine is on the larger side for the breed. He's about 7 bs right now.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
[MENTION=34150]2. All the dog breeds I chose are fiercely protective and loyal to their owner. Did you hear about the pitbull that took a bullet to the head trying to shield its owner from an attack?

I like "cute" dogs, but I see no point in owning an animal that would sit by and look cute while someone was trying to harm you. Also "aggressive" breeds are often just as playful and loving as the lower aggression breeds but often get a bad rap because of bad owners.
Yes! I've been around Pitbulls bred for showing and they are like big, sweet babies! Bad owners and aggressive bloodlines (bred for fighting, concentrating on aggression along with physical traits) create dangerous dogs. Dogs bred for showing are judged on their temperament along with physical traits and other qualities. This is why it's also important to know where the more "aggressive" breeds have come from; it does make a difference. Of course there's always a fluke, but it's best to keep these things in mind.

I like to have a big protective dog, and a little cute one. I can't resist any dog with really short legs....omg, so cute!

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
If I was just choosing dogs I thought were "cute", it would be:

Airedale Terrier

Scotty:

Poodle:

I'd spend waaaay too much money if I had a poodle. It would be ridiculous.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Yes! I've been around Pitbulls bred for showing and they are like big, sweet, babies! Bad owners and aggressive bloodlines (bred for fighting, concentrating on aggression along with physical traits) create dangerous dogs. Dogs bred for showing are judged on their temperament along with physical traits and other qualities. This is why it's also important to know where the more "aggressive" breeds have come from; it does make a difference. Of course there's always a fluke, but it's best to keep these things in mind.

I like to have a big, protective dog, and a little cute one. I can't resist any dog with really short legs....omg, so cute!
I love dachshunds, corgis, and bassethounds for this specific reason. But I feel like owning a dog just because its cute is pointless. Especially since I'd probably be paying a lot of money for it.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts

The strong, regal and quirky Doberman. I Grew up with a Dobe/Rot mix and she was the most wonderful, silly dog ever; I will always love the breed because of her.

Reactions: LimeDegree

·
Registered
386 Posts
@LimeDegree

1. How do you figure Im more aggressive than you are? Were both counterphobes. Though, I am Sx first.
I'm sorry. That was really just my weird version of a compliment, which I'm not sure most people would respond well to. Please accept my apology if that was offensive.

I'm not certain that you are more aggressive, I just analyzed what I valued most about those three breeds, and made a sort of Ne projection of a Special Ops dog, similar to the genetic hybrid concept in "Man's Best Friend".

In this case, a dog capable of learning extremely complex tactics for dealing with hostiles, with a physical appearance that is nothing short of psychological warfare.

2. ...Also "aggressive" breeds are often just as playful and loving as the lower aggression breeds but often get a bad rap because of bad owners.
A Rottweiler is the only breed I've had a lot of experience with, and she was a real sweetheart. Seemed very shy and reserved, although I would catch a glimmer of joy whenever I brought her a massive chewtoy. I didn't need to see her lunge at someone to value the psychological advantage she has with humans. I know humans (irrationally) fear her breed more than others, so I value that asset.
You may have hit the nail on the head with the counterphobic angle; I'm focused on how people will perceive these dogs breeds, just as much as I am on what they are really like as individuals.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have one chihuahua that is full bred and he is very aggressive, just not harmful. Lol the big fatty is about 7.5 pounds. Awful attitude buy loyal to his family. Seriously, his attitude is so terrible that if he was a big dig he would deadly. I feel bad that nobody takes him seriously because he's so small. I think that I why he tries so hard.

The other one is half chihuahua and half something else, we aren't sure what. The vet said maybe beagle. He is about 12.5 pounds.
He is high strung but he he is good cuddler.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts