Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, introverted cousins.

Super disappointing response to this thread in the ENTP section. Maybe I'll have better luck here.

So, what kind of dogs do you have?
What are they like?
How do they fit into your lifestyle?

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
We use to have a pack of german shephards.... one by one they died...

We owned like 7 over the course of 20 years...

we have not gotten any new dogs for quite some time since.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dogs, yay! I love animals! They are much better then people :p

I have a big, five year old F1 Labradoodle (Lab + Poodle). Those are some super smart dogs. He was the first family dog and we basically fumbled around like idiots while training him, but we were lucky because he was incredibly easy to train considering our circumstances. And i can count on one hand the number of times he's had accidents in the house.
He's also very energetic and we sometimes have a hard time keeping up with him in general, but he's still the best dog ever. Awesome temperament too. Like any other dog he likes to play rough sometimes but he's never really bitten anyone. (He likes to do that thing where he gets my hand in his mouth but he doesn't ever bite down.) Even while with other manic dogs who like to nip; he usual just ignores them.
He sheds like crazy though. Drives my mother nuts but F1 are the only type of Labradoodle that shed, i'm pretty sure. Other Labradoodles like F2 or F1B have curly hair (bred with more poodle) and their coat doesn't shed at all, and if any it's minimal.

I only have one dog, and he's the only one I've ever had but I've always thought Borzois (or Russian Wolfhounds) were very majestic looking.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I want a Thai Ridgeback.

Never had my own pet, personally.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: Peripheral

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I love dogs. I'm still a teenager, not living on my own yet, so they don't really fit my lifestyle. But, we have a Jack Russel named Ellie, who is laying beside me right now. And two boxers, Jager and Chansey. Jager and Chansey are old, so they're easy to please. Ellie, though, being a Jack Russell, has a shit load of energy. She gets really nervous when we take her anywhere to go for a walk (we live in the country) so I mainly just play with her outside with her Frisbee She also keeps herself entertained, catching mice and squirrels and what not.

If I were living on my own, I wouldn't mind having one or two dogs, no matter their size or energy level. Anything works for me as long as I have the time.

Oh, and I love huskies.

Reactions: LawyersAdvocate

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Ridgebacks (Thai and Rhodesian) are awesome.

Honestly, I'd take either. Most likely, without the ridge, as I don't want to have to worry about them getting dermoid sinus.

·
Registered
INTP
1,752 Posts
I love dogs! I can't live without them. When my previous dog passed away, I started getting tons of hallucinations, was paranoid all the time with stress/anxiety/depression levels through the roof. Then my parents allowed me to get a new dog and a majority of those problems for me disappeared. He's a heeler/pointer mix ((we think, anyway, since he's a shelter mutt so his breed is anyone's guess)). He's high energy but loyal and great off-leash.

Breeding purebred dogs just for looks is disturbing to me, though. The amount of inbreeding that goes on and "desired traits" that are harmful to the dog seems like animal cruelty :/ I far prefer working dogs and mutts as they tend to be healthiest. Mutts have the deeper gene pool and working dogs have traits chosen for function over their form. The show ring versions of many breeds are too tragically mutant in so many cases and that whole practice needs to stop.

Reactions: Aesc

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
My family had huskies. Had them for almost their whole lives.
Since they were huskies, it meant I had to be more active. The male was hyper as hell, the female was really calm, but more territorial.

I'd love to get another Husky, but I don't have the time or energy these days to take care of them.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I have a poodle mix, he's very short and easily excited but he's a good dog. He usually listens but when we're outside he gets distracted and we have a hard time bossing him around. He's almost 2 years old. One problem is that he humps everything. Although I think his intensions are good.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One problem is that he humps everything. Although I think his intensions are good.
Intentionally funny or not, this made me crack up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts