Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently gotten obsessed with the Dog Whisperer and analysing dog psychology and behaviour and it got me to thinking how similar dogs can be to ENFP personalities.
I'm sure it depends on the dog and the person... and perhaps the general dog personality is better suited under another type.

Anyway, moving on--similarities I found include:

1) Very affectionate
2) Requires a good amount of feedback/affirmation
3) Strive for harmony and peace. (don't usually hold grudges)
4) Loyal (sometimes to a fault)
5) Easily distracted
6) Energetic, but also requires that alone time

I can, after not having seen a friend in ages, be so enthusiastic about seeing them, greeting them much like a dog (in a human way). It takes a lot for me to hate someone. I try to respect everyone and if we don't get along I don't like it, but I accept that we have irreconcilable differences.

I haven't thought it over too in depth, but I wanted to see what everyone else thinks.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah, I've been told I act like a pup.

I have so much energy to blow and I give my all when I chill/hang with a friend or friends, however, of that one burst of energy I am exhausted and just want to play video games or nap lol. Yes, easily distracted! I just..oh butterfly! sort of deal haha. I hate conflict, I will try to avoid it as much as possible. Though pups do bite when cornered..
also...GOOFINESS. I'm quite the derpette. Protective towards my family or friends. *rubs chin* you've pointed out many :) I think it's funny how true it is :tongue:

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
I don't know about that. I mean, I watched the Dog Whisperer and somehow I don't think that you match up. For once, you can train a dog and build self confidence and bring balance to his life, but I'm undecided if you can do this with an ENFP. :p

Reactions: crumbs

·
Registered
21 Posts
Finding this thread makes me so happy, haha. I've always been told I'm a puppy, specifically a golden retriever puppy. It definitely could be an ENFP thing, considering all my friends who act like puppies are ENFP's as well

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've recently gotten obsessed with the Dog Whisperer and analysing dog psychology and behaviour and it got me to thinking how similar dogs can be to ENFP personalities.
I'm sure it depends on the dog and the person... and perhaps the general dog personality is better suited under another type.

Anyway, moving on--similarities I found include:

1) Very affectionate
2) Requires a good amount of feedback/affirmation
3) Strive for harmony and peace. (don't usually hold grudges)
4) Loyal (sometimes to a fault)
5) Easily distracted
6) Energetic, but also requires that alone time

I can, after not having seen a friend in ages, be so enthusiastic about seeing them, greeting them much like a dog (in a human way). It takes a lot for me to hate someone. I try to respect everyone and if we don't get along I don't like it, but I accept that we have irreconcilable differences.

I haven't thought it over too in depth, but I wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
1) Very affectionate - extremely... I like when people sit close to me, and are open to hugs/hug me when they see me.

2) Requires a good amount of feedback/affirmation - definitely. I need to hear when I'm doing a good job. When I'm doing a bad job though... break it to me gently!

3) Strive for harmony and peace (don't usually hold grudges) - I only have one grudge I'm trying to let go of right now. I hate fighting and will usually just bend myself a little to smooth things over with someone. I try to remain on really good terms with everyone.

4) Loyal (sometimes to a fault) - yeah... :/

5) Easily distracted - definitely, lol. My Ne really wanders off a lot.

6) Energetic, but also requires that alone time - yeah, and it's weird - like I can go out and enjoy myself with others, and when I get home, I'm not drained unless I was around certain people. My "alone time" requirements aren't really consistent. Sometimes I just want to hang out by myself, sometimes I want to be in the middle of a room full of people. I oddly find comfort in both.

Finding this thread makes me so happy, haha. I've always been told I'm a puppy, specifically a golden retriever puppy. It definitely could be an ENFP thing, considering all my friends who act like puppies are ENFP's as well
I was just thinking yesterday about how golden retrievers are like, the ultimate ENFP pet. I can't wait to get one!

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2 Sx/So
3,373 Posts
... my ENFP boyfriend will text or say "woof woof" whenever he's turned on or being flirtatious. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Reactions: ECM

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
... my ENFP boyfriend will text or say "woof woof" whenever he's turned on or being flirtatious. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
When I saw the title of this post, I know something like that was going to be mentioned xD

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
yes, my ENFP friend is so wonderfully excited when I visit, which, should be more often. ..but she doesn't mind and that is why I love her as my friend. We need more of you guys in this world :tongue:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts