Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I think most dogs are type 6s.

I don't have a pet dog but when dogs are left alone, like outside a supermarket, they bark and appear to get really worried like they think owner won't come back and they're going to be alone forever. They're really happy when the owner comes back though.

This also happens when you leave them in the house, they get scared and don't know what to do. I think this is probably even more true if the dog has been neglected or mistreated in the past which a lot of animals are.

Also dogs are super loyal like 6s can be.

Was thinking about it so made a thread :)

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
:laughing:

I was going to say my dog is a 5... then I remembered something about people projecting their own personalities onto their pets. (Mr. 6 up here :tongue:)

May I assume your dog is also an Fi dominant idealist? :D hehe

My dog waited by the door for me to buy him... :p He has Ni, he knew I was his owner from the moment he saw me
:proud:

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
I'm more of a cat person... And my cat is definitely a phobic 6w5 :tongue: She runs away from every new sound or person, needs loads of time to get used to someone (she likes only one non-household member), but really likes it when the whole family is together in one room. She likes to study how things work, too, such as how things fall or move.
I'm kind of wondering if, since we found her as a kitten, my personality rubbed off on her >_> She kinda imprinted on me back then.

Dogs strike me as hyperactive 7w6s :wink:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Typing pets? :laughing: I'll play this too.

I've got a 1w9 cat that will only allow herself to be petted if she is in the CORRECT spot, all the other spots are WRONG.

My other cat is too erratic to tell.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Not every dog is a 6!

My mom has 3 dogs, and they each have distinct personalities. One of them really is a 6w7--she's got such high energy and is super loyal. She wants to be someone's "special dog" and is very attuned to people and their body language. The other dog is a 9w1. She'll put up with anything you do to her, seldom gets angry, and frets about the other dogs. She's responsible and keeps the other dogs in line. The third one is maybe a 2 or 3--she's an athletic little dog, who likes to show off her awesome tricks, like jumping onto the table and dancing around. She's been described as "vain" and "needy" (although I personally did not see those attributes in her).

I wouldn't say it's projection so much...certainly not of my own personality, anyway. It's more a careful observation of their patterns of behavior, which do appear to conform to the Enneagram patterns that humans use.

I also have a hedgehog who seems very 5ish to me.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Not every dog is a 6!

My mom has 3 dogs, and they each have distinct personalities. One of them really is a 6w7--she's got such high energy and is super loyal. She wants to be someone's "special dog" and is very attuned to people and their body language. The other dog is a 9w1. She'll put up with anything you do to her, seldom gets angry, and frets about the other dogs. She's responsible and keeps the other dogs in line. The third one is maybe a 2 or 3--she's an athletic little dog, who likes to show off her awesome tricks, like jumping onto the table and dancing around. She's been described as "vain" and "needy" (although I personally did not see those attributes in her).

I wouldn't say it's projection so much...certainly not of my own personality, anyway. It's more a careful observation of their patterns of behavior, which do appear to conform to the Enneagram patterns that humans use.

I also have a hedgehog who seems very 5ish to me.
Is your hedgehog blue and super fast by any chance?

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
maybe what you said was true, but what about the part where dogs are animals and not people, the part where they drool, the part where they get uber excited and lick people? I think of dogs as Extroverts, im definately not.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
@holyrockthrower
The athletic lil dog and I are likely the same type :laughing: I, routinely, jump on tables and dance around. :laughing::wink:

I am considered quite vain, though I am neither needy nor do I give that impression. Give your dog a big round of applause, on my behalf, when you meet next. :cool:

I do love this thread. @Promethea had created a fun thread about Pets' personality types. If she could link it here, that would be cool!

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Oh god, animal Enneagram typing. We should create a new system for them though. Who wants to psychoanalyze a dog today?

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
maybe what you said was true, but what about the part where dogs are animals and not people, the part where they drool, the part where they get uber excited and lick people? I think of dogs as Extroverts, im definately not.
It's been a while since an Extrovert licked my face and drooled all over me. :p

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
It's been a while since an Extrovert licked my face and drooled all over me. :p
i know a couple of night clubs you could go to

Reactions: Sina

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Is your hedgehog blue and super fast by any chance?
Nope, he's white and rolls into a ball at the first sign of anything remotely scary. He loves music, though, and enjoys watching TV, which is something I've never witnessed in small mammals before.

Edit: His name is Wedge, btw. It's short for "Wedgehog" because college beat all creativity out of me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts