Banned
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you prefer cats or dogs.

Reactions: SoftBoiledLife

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I love both. Probably because I grew up with a variety of animals: dogs, cats, fish, and birds!

OWL

·
Registered
47 Posts
Both. 2 dogs, Basset Hound and a Chihuahua, and 3 cats. Also a fish

I've always had cats and dogs. Plus we support local humane societies

·
Registered
295 Posts
Both! But if I HAVE to choose.... dogs!

·
Registered
426 Posts
...depends on the personality of the individual animals in question. :wink::tongue:

Reactions: SoftBoiledLife

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Cats, because they're sexier.

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
125 Posts
...depends on the personality of the individual animals in question. :wink::tongue:
You read my mind! I've had 2 dogs (a German Shepherd and a Retradoodle), and 6-9 cats (3 Birmans, 2 Devon Rexes, 1 Persian and 3 temporary strays), and they were all so different that their "favouritism ranking" (sad but true) oscillates between cat and dog.

·
Registered
9,482 Posts
Dogs, because if I want to pet them at least they don't walk away from me =w=
Not all cats are aloof. One of my remaining cats won't leave me alone for 2 seconds. If I'm here in the den, she sits in here. If I'm in the bathroom, she follows me in there (and I end up having to close the door!). If I go downstairs to the bedroom (it's in the basement) she's right there. She's such a big baby (although I believe part of it has to do with the fact she misses her playmate).

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I've always liked both. I've had 2 dogs in the family, but I've always enjoyed playing with cats too.

As others have said, it depends on the personalities of the dogs and cats we encounter. I hate bitey chihuahuas with small-man complex and I prefer friendly cats.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Not all cats are aloof. One of my remaining cats won't leave me alone for 2 seconds. If I'm here in the den, she sits in here. If I'm in the bathroom, she follows me in there (and I end up having to close the door!). If I go downstairs to the bedroom (it's in the basement) she's right there. She's such a big baby (although I believe part of it has to do with the fact she misses her playmate).
Awww. Why don't you find her a new friend???? :sad:

·
Registered
9,482 Posts
Awww. Why don't you find her a new friend???? :sad:
Because I'm not yet ready to bring another cat into my home so soon after having to put my Droxine to sleep.

(I have 3 cats total now [used to be 4], but the one that follows me around is only 4, as opposed to older [the other 2 are 10 and 13 respectively]. Her playmate that I had to have put to sleep was also 4.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.