Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not too late for me to drop out as we've only had a couple of rehearsals, but I don't know if that would be a really silly thing to do.. Allot of people wanted my part, I obviously read it well, but in the audition I didn't have to rub myself up against anyone or get naked so :/

I realise this is probably a strange thing to post, but I'm just intrested to hear peoples opinions. I have to be seductive and talking dirty through out, I could deal with this if it was playful or passionate, comic even, but it's just really very lusty. I also have to get naked and have some old man kiss my body at the end. FYI.

I took the part because the play sounded interesting, and because there was nothing else really going on at the time. Knowing that there will be in a month and having tought allot more about what I'm besing asked to do, I'm really tempted to quit. I'd feel bad but am seriously frightened about not ever being able to feel comfortable with it, despite really wanting to. I'd feel allot worse for doing it awkwardly (/out of character,) The guy I have to kiss is also pretty unattractive... inside and out, shallow I know, but it really doesn't help. Maybe if it was a professional play and I thought the nudity was poignant in some way, or if the director was guiding me through it I could stick it out, but as it is, none of these things are true.. my character is an assertive force within the play and because I played it well in the audition I think the director thinks I'm capable of being that way (or I am that way) all of the time. Really though, it was just acting. I'm an INFP! :blushed:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
No spiel needed here, simply drop out if you're uncomfortable.

It doesn't matter what the act is by comparison to anyones standards other than your own. If you're not uncomfortable with it, don't force yourself :D.

·
Grand Inquisitor
8,120 Posts
Well. I wouldn't do it...

Reactions: glisten

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
i'd probably die from humiliation, not that it is humiliating, but i'm way too self aware to do anything like that. Big kudos if u got the courage though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing is though I was uncomfortable with most things before I forced myself to do them, only then was I able to do them without, or at least with less, fear. I've also agree with the whole 'do the things that scare you, don't run away from your fears etc', thing. I'm just scared this could be taking it too far, or that with such a temperament it will be physically impossible, no matter how hard I try, to feel comfortable in that situation... I'm so easily embarrassed, but at the same time want to try. I just don't want to leave it so it's too late to quit.

Don't really know what I'm asking people here tbh. Thanks for your replies, though. I always value whatever you guys have to say.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
i think it may be a great opportunity to grow as a person. As long as you are not forcing yourself to cross boundaries that you do not wish to cross, then i think you should atleast try it. Everyone has different boundaries. Me? I'd probably get a boner on stage and try to hide it in my hands, then everyone would think im masterbating. yep..not for me.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
The longer you wait to decide if it is something you can or cannot do the more of a problem you make things for the others within the play. People should respect how you feel with something intimate and if they don't then they are not the people i would deal with.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
I think this is a great opportunity to do something cool and get out of your bubble. Once you do something scary, it's not scary anymore. thee are only limitations because you never try to cross them. I would regret it if I didn't TRY if I were you. And, why does being an INFP mean you can't act lusty? If anything, it's an excuse to act how you normally wouldn't.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think I'd be concerned if people took photographs or recorded it, then those ended up online. Yes, I know that 'recording devices of any kind...photographs, etc...' are not allowed, but you're not supposed to do that at concerts either, but you can find them online. Just remember, as others have stated, the longer you wait, the more problems it will cause. Get out while you can if it's that much of a concern. I completely understand. Good luck to you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts