Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I dislike to stereotype functions, I've had always a big desire to know if absent mindedness and constant daydreaming is a common factor in people with dominant or auxliary intuition, whehter it is extroverted or introverted.

In my case, I'm an ENFJ and I spend great aumounts of time living in my head, thinking of things of the past, future possibilities, impressions of certain people, inner feelings or situation. This makes me say or ask questions or say stuff that makes other real impatient, annoyed, etc, as I didn't pay attention that much.

Dom / Aux Intuitives, tell me if this happen to you a lot, if you think it's associated with intuition or not and why. Dom / Aux Sensors, you can give your opinion too!

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
I'm definitely absent minded, though I try not to sound annoyed or anything. I'm just very forgetful and often oblivious to the things going on around me.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have no idea what makes people absent-minded but I submit that SPs could be just as absent-minded as you folks because of the fact they use Se rather than Si. If it is related to cognitive functions then we're just as fucked as you because we're focused on the present moment, so when we put something down, it's gone.

This happens to me all the time, I leave things places, forget there are things I have to do, all because I'm constantly moving on to something else, whether in my head or the real world.

I don't know how people remember a lot of things, because I don't make the effort to, even though maybe I should. I guess it baffles me because I'd find it an enormous strange to be consciously forcing myself to think 'now, remember you put that there and keep the visualisation in your head somewhere' or 'don't forget that you're supposed to do this', it seems like doing so much for so little.

Maybe it's only extroverted sensors who keep this thing in mind? A lot of my friends tease me for being so 'spacey' and forgetting to do things that are believed common to everyone. Most of the people I've been befriended by are extroverts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts