Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To my understanding higher up functions are under more conscious control while lower functions tend to be unconscious. For Se, a perception function, I'm having trouble even picturing what that would be like. Consciously I use words, but almost all sentences are judgements of some sort it seems. "This rock is cool"-judgement. Is "This rock is a gray" a judgement or a perception. What does conscious Se perception look like, think like? Is it in sentences?

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,510 Posts
Phone call in the middle of the night...

ESxP: ''Dude party at Tommy's house COME ON!''

Me in a groggy voice: ''It's......1am on a Tuesday!""

But on a more positive note: The innate ability to adapt to all circumstances of a life seamlessly. Not always in the best way, but adaptive regardless. High sense of aestethic, space-temporal skills. Knows that's beautiful and pleasurable, sees opportunities as they arise and jumps on them, rides the waves, reads non-verbal language with ridiculous accuracy (Don't try to lie to them). Loves nothing more than to push itself and the boundaries imposed by life.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
To my understanding higher up functions are under more conscious control while lower functions tend to be unconscious. For Se, a perception function, I'm having trouble even picturing what that would be like. Consciously I use words, but almost all sentences are judgements of some sort it seems. "This rock is cool"-judgement. Is "This rock is a gray" a judgement or a perception. What does conscious Se perception look like, think like? Is it in sentences?

Dominant Se: "I love power, and I often find myself craving for power in every situations. In everywhere I go, you will always see me as a leader, but never a follower. I don't like people having power over me, but I love having power over people. I also hate the idea of giving up. To me, giving up is a form of weakness, and I hate seeing weaknesses in myself. I strongly believe in the idea of persevering in everything that I do. I love to conquer challenges. and I love to emerge as a victory in everything I do. ."

I think the song "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus is a good example of what dominant Se is about.

I can almost see it
That dream I'm dreaming but
There's a voice inside my head sayin,
You'll never reach it,
Every step I'm taking,
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking but I
Got to keep trying
Got to keep my head held high

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes you going to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what?s waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing,
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes they knock me down but
No I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm going to remember most yeah
Just got to keep going
And I,
I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on, cause

Sometimes I'm going to have to lose,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

Sometimes you going to have to lose,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

Keep on moving
Keep climbing
Keep the faith baby
It's all about
It's all about
The climb
Keep the faith
Keep your faith

·
Registered
5w6 sp/sx | 9w1 sp/sx | 3w4 sp/sx | INTJ | ILI
227 Posts
I've seen it described as "space capturing".

It's about experiencing experience, creating an impact, at 60 frames per second and in 7.1 surround sound, in all of it's shallowness and plasticity and immediacy. Breathe, don't think.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'm sx first but here we go...

It's like storming through town. The wind's blowing against you and you can feel the power surging through your body. Your physicality is strong. You come across a crowd and duck and dive through all the people without any problems and keep storming on towards your destination. Everything in front of you is in sight and on the spot, you're thinking about what you're going to do in the moment.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It's like storming through town. The wind's blowing against you and you can feel the power surging through your body. Your physicality is strong. You come across a crowd and duck and dive through all the people without any problems and keep storming on towards your destination. Everything in front of you is in sight and on the spot, you're thinking about what you're going to do in the moment.
Hey I actually made another thread for dominant percievers in general, but your comment particularly was very helpful. Gave a bit of inspiration

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,510 Posts

And for the record, Si is how do I avoid this situation from happening again and Ni is how do I avoid this at all. ;)

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Pretty sure dominant Se people are the ones who massively exaggerate stories, and in a group will walk away when the conversation gets boring and/or doesn't include them.

I'm positive my supervisor at work is an ESTP - he is always banging on about how the only way to know if something works is to try it yourself.

He doesn't trust relying on reviews or numbers or data or facts sheets or word of mouth.. nothing like that.. he absolutely has to see things work, in person, or to him it's just nothing, a non-factor.

He's also massively set on closing sales *now* and literally says there is no time like the present, he doesn't believe people will feel the same way later on about the products he sells and is dedicated to jumping on how a person feels *right now* as a selling point.

He doesn't e-mail or call people back, he tells people we're doing this *right now* because who knows what will happen tomorrow, or who knows what will happen between now and when he's meant to call them back, etc etc.

All about what's happening at the time and actually says that out loud. Not just observation.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pretty sure dominant Se people are the ones who massively exaggerate stories, and in a group will walk away when the conversation gets boring and/or doesn't include them.

I'm positive my supervisor at work is an ESTP - he is always banging on about how the only way to know if something works is to try it yourself.

He doesn't trust relying on reviews or numbers or data or facts sheets or word of mouth.. nothing like that.. he absolutely has to see things work, in person, or to him it's just nothing, a non-factor.

He's also massively set on closing sales *now* and literally says there is no time like the present, he doesn't believe people will feel the same way later on about the products he sells and is dedicated to jumping on how a person feels *right now* as a selling point.

He doesn't e-mail or call people back, he tells people we're doing this *right now* because who knows what will happen tomorrow, or who knows what will happen between now and when he's meant to call them back, etc etc.

All about what's happening at the time and actually says that out loud. Not just observation.
It sounds alot like what @Malandro was saying early. He is trying to express to everyone his desire to do things right now because for an Se user they are in the moment, they see what they want and just experience the present moment and their willingness to reach that goal and experience the feeling of accomplishing it. They are determined.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts