Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I've seen mentioned a lot here, and a bit over at INTJf, but I don't ever recall reading about this when reading about functions and typology theory literature online. Can somebody please break this down for me? All I know, is that it is a predilection to underutilize your auxiliary function, seemingly based on an abnormal mental state? Is it a tendency to leave the aux function by the wayside, is it a pretty even usage between tert and aux functions? Can your tertiary function even supersede your dominant function, or at least fight it for dominance, pun intended?

Anecdotally, since I have been depressed, I have noticed a distinct increase in Fi usage in my relations with others, to the point where some relationships are reduced, or ended, because of it. Despite still using Te somewhat normally, I also feel that I have become what I call "intellectually lazy," and to explain that as best I can, I mean that I would rather ride Ni and really only explain/research my assertions and arguments if necessary, afterwards. Does this sound like an Ni-Fi loop?

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for offering the information - I already recognize at least three different examples of loops from the first link, in others' behavior. And mine, unfortunately.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
This is something I've seen mentioned a lot here, and a bit over at INTJf, but I don't ever recall reading about this when reading about functions and typology theory literature online. Can somebody please break this down for me? All I know, is that it is a predilection to underutilize your auxiliary function, seemingly based on an abnormal mental state? Is it a tendency to leave the aux function by the wayside, is it a pretty even usage between tert and aux functions? Can your tertiary function even supersede your dominant function, or at least fight it for dominance, pun intended?

Anecdotally, since I have been depressed, I have noticed a distinct increase in Fi usage in my relations with others, to the point where some relationships are reduced, or ended, because of it. Despite still using Te somewhat normally, I also feel that I have become what I call "intellectually lazy," and to explain that as best I can, I mean that I would rather ride Ni and really only explain/research my assertions and arguments if necessary, afterwards. Does this sound like an Ni-Fi loop?
I read everything, and before I say anything further I just wanna know.... what type are you??
Your type thingy says ESFP but your sig says INTJ and I don't even... but you said... and then you wrote *throws arms up in air* what type?! lol

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read everything, and before I say anything further I just wanna know.... what type are you??
Your type thingy says ESFP but your sig says INTJ and I don't even... but you said... and then you wrote *throws arms up in air* what type?! lol
INTJ. I chose ESFP for my title to troll people in the "INTJs are not Gods" thread :tongue:

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Ahhhh, gotcha lol
I have mixed feelings about that. I remember you posting about Good Will Hunting a while ago and I was like "holy jeebus! a SMART esfp? thank god! a perfect example to disprove bs stereotypes!" and now... *kicks rock* But hey, you're still a smart person, lol

Either way, your original post sounds like it could be an Ni/Fi loop, but not quite. Like you're falling into it...?
Get out of your head! Lol best solution I'd say. So long as you don't depend heavily on subjective internal validation more than external objective validation, you'd be fine. (Since being too much in either direction, out or in, would be bad.)
Bottom-line: Balance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts