Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
According to Katherine Fauvre, he's an 837 sp/so, so that would explain this mistype.

Reactions: tanstaafl28

·
Registered
542 Posts
I do have George W. Bush pigeonholed as a 9w8 anyways.

·
Registered
26 Posts
He is an anger person. Basically, rumors tell the White House is now a kindergarten. Basically looks like the silly Hitler parodies on Youtube made from "Der Untergang", like google "Hitler fears coronavirus lockdown", as an example.

Obviously not healthy, he accesses it, so not a 9. Luckily iq is not an disqualifier, neither is lack of realistic judgement. I'd say ESTJ Enneagram 8.

If I were to guess where to find a enneagram 3 so unhealthy, look at the Enviromentalist Indian "Grey Owl", rl name Archibald Belaney, from Scotland. Turned Native American moviestar with a pet beaver named Jelly Roll. To not be so negative, I got to say Trump seem to know economy. Jay? He's not all bad, just glad he's not as important as he himself thinks he is.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Trump might not be a 3, but I think Bill Clinton was probably.

·
Registered
542 Posts
What about Barack Obama? Maybe a 4w3?

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
Pretty sure Trump is just a dumb 6. Like Charlie and Mel. Makes sense that you see 3 in him, then.

Might as well slap an 8w9 on me since I'm almost always annoyed and enraged, and never lets anyone fuck with me.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Pretty sure Trump is just a dumb 6. Like Charlie and Mel. Makes sense that you see 3 in him, then.

Might as well slap an 8w9 on me since I'm almost always annoyed and enraged, and never lets anyone fuck with me.
Nah, I think he's an 8. Just MY personal opinion.

·
Registered
542 Posts
@Jaune Do you just hate me because I'm a white man? Sorry, just paranoid, and have been drinking.

·
MOTM February 2014
4,781 Posts
I'm not really into typing living people / celebrities, but I don't buy that Trump is an 8. And he's probably not a 3. Those typings definitely seem "obvious," but the obvious is rarely the whole story. That and the fact that he has no apparent history* to disintegrate to 5 nor integrate to 2 should be enough to dispel the 8 assumption. (Same with 3 disintegrating to 9 - I doubt he's done that, either.)
* Though to be blunt, I have no interest in really researching the guy's history/life/biography. So I guess if anyone has multiple examples of such, I can admit being wrong. But... I reserve the right to disagree with the "5" conclusion ;)

My vote is 7w8. He's so materialistic, narcissistic, and deeply afraid of everything that might possibly be against his "need" for "more." He always wants more, of everything: wealth, status, power. He seeks out drama, and is never satisfied by his position in life. He lashes out in the most stereotypical narcissist + toxic masculinity way, but it's borne from fear that so few agree he's "the best." A core fear, I would say, of fighting against limitations put upon him. (As if he thought the POTUS could do anything, almost.) Plenty of people react out of fear with anger; I know I can, and I'm a phobic 6 with barely any 8 influence! Plenty of people who are not core-8, who have little-to-no 8 influence, try to regain control over their lives by being over-controlling (whether in subtle or overt ways). The arrows of 7 also fit better: he could do with a dose of integrated 5 (his tweets, especially), yet seems to be entrenched in the 1ish "controlling streak" instead.

Obviously, I'm not especially a fan of his, but I'm trying not to let that too overly influence my perceptions of types themselves and how each can manifest. I won't deny he probably has an 8 fix, but I just don't think the logic for core-8 pans out the way people seem to want it to. If anything, his reactions are closer to a CP6 (or a SOC 1, imo), not an 8; however, I think you'd have to bend the idea of "what 6 is" as much as you would have to bend "what 3/8 is" to type him as a 6.

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
@Ock this totally unrelated thread isn't the place for this kind of bullshit. I'll answer your question now but I'm not going to derail threads in the future for your paranoia.
I'm apathetic to you, and I don't hate people solely because of their race and their gender identity.

Anyway, I think I'm starting to see a 6 or 7 typing as accurate for Trump. Head triad totally makes sense for him. Paradigm's case is really good, 8 makes less sense because I also do not see disintegration into 5 (nor am I going to look into his history for cases). Maybe it's just an undeniable and strong 8 fix.

Glad nobody here thinks he's a 3 (while he has a lot of signs of an unhealthy 3, no way in hell those are his core fears). I have more arguments against him being a 3 than in favor of him being an 8.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I expressed my opinion before the election in a post titled:
Donald Trump IS type 8w7
It has poll results of what people on the forum thought his type was.
It also has a lot of supporting material for arguments made.
I still see 8w7 as the best fit with much, much more supporting evidence from his presidency.
I find seeing him in terms of an 8-3 dynamic is useful (8 is primary with much of the 3 "marketing orientation" coming from his self-serving extreme narcissism).

·
Registered
542 Posts
6's can be very self-conscious. 8's could usually care less about that kind of thing. There is no hint of self-consciousness in Trump. He shamelessly makes a complete ass of himself, and doesn't seem to care in the least as long as he's able to provoke reactions from people.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I suppose I could see 7w8 though perhaps.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The thing is that we might not see him disintegrate to 5 much because he's always the big shot POTUS on the podium, and he wouldn't usually have a clear need to disintegrate to 5. And he's also occasionally exhibited some integration to 2, though I'm sure it doesn't happen too often. I read for example that he brought some people to help out at Ground Zero when 9/11 happened. I also have some very vague memory of something else which I won't even get into because the memory is too vague. I still lean toward 8 with him.

·
Registered
542 Posts
But tbh I don't really know.

·
Registered
542 Posts
But underneath it all I really think Trump is just a 0. teehee

·
Registered
448 Posts
Given all the twitter enthusiasm, it's hard for me to remove trump from so/sx 8/7. He presents no palpable self pres, just constant undermining. He only changes when faced with reality of losing followers by virtue of his inherent need to dominate the conversation. Btw, someone I respect re-typed Clinton as 2w3. I can't disagree, it's a deep take. Obama is ethereal 9w1, as long at it sounds good he's good with it. GWB, the 9 vs. 6 is an old argument, personally I think he's just rich and insulated enough to be 6w7, not so much obstinate or difficult enough to be the former. He still treads his ideas with a wet finger in the air, even today..... aristocratically. Hangs out with Ellen. Girl! you look great in blue.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Given all the twitter enthusiasm, it's hard for me to remove trump from so/sx 8/7. He presents no palpable self pres, just constant undermining. He only changes when faced with reality of losing followers by virtue of his inherent need to dominate the conversation. Btw, someone I respect re-typed Clinton as 2w3. I can't disagree, it's a deep take. Obama is ethereal 9w1, as long at it sounds good he's good with it. GWB, the 9 vs. 6 is an old argument, personally I think he's just rich and insulated enough to be 6w7, not so much obstinate or difficult enough to be the former. He still treads his ideas with a wet finger in the air, even today..... aristocratically. Hangs out with Ellen. Girl! you look great in blue.
Clinton a 2w3? Maybe. Obama a 9w1? I can see that possibility. George W. Bush a 6w7? No!! He's a 9w8! Like I said, I have him pigeonholed. He has that general thick-headedness and numbness. I don't see a hint of paranoia or flightiness that a 6w7 would have. W. cooperated with almost whatever his inside cronies like Cheney and what not expected of him without ever self-questioning "Should I really be taking this path?" The 8 wing allowed him to be forceful and bullheaded to everyone outside his inner circle about staying the course with whatever plans his cronies and him had consensus on.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts