Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 418 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do people type this guy as an ESTP? He seems more of an ENTJ to me.

Reactions: LittleOrange

·
Registered
836 Posts
ESTP seems the obvious typing.

ENTJ could work as well. you'd pretty much have to be one or the other in order to get to the place he is in the real estate business...

so, what's your evidence that he's an N?

he seems *very* focused only on the present - suggesting SP.

I kind of love Donald Trump because hes unapologetic, direct, and honest about what he is. For example, when asked if he was marrying his wife for his looks, he responded with 'of course, and she's marrying me for my money'

·
Registered
122 Posts
I favor ESTP over ENTJ, personally. He seems to want to be doing things personally, be involved in details.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I favor ESTP over ENTJ, personally. He seems to want to be doing things personally, be involved in details.
I was saying ENTJ because he seems to have a powerful Te function. I know that he's not an ESTJ though. He seems to organized, structured, and efficient to be a P.

Reactions: Rventurelli

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was saying ENTJ because he seems to have a powerful Te function. I know that he's not an ESTJ though. He seems to organized, structured, and efficient to be a P.
I've thought about Trump's type several times, when it's come up, and I've never really felt sure about it. He's a character, I think.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ESTP seems the obvious typing.

ENTJ could work as well. you'd pretty much have to be one or the other in order to get to the place he is in the real estate business...

so, what's your evidence that he's an N?

he seems *very* focused only on the present - suggesting SP.

I kind of love Donald Trump because hes unapologetic, direct, and honest about what he is. For example, when asked if he was marrying his wife for his looks, he responded with 'of course, and she's marrying me for my money'
lol, that's funny that he says stuff like that. Ted Turner says a lot of shit like that as well. That's why I love both of them.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
828 Posts
Nope. I agree as well. Trump is an ENTJ with a very strong tertiary Se, which makes him seem more S-ish.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nope. I agree as well. Trump is an ENTJ with a very strong tertiary Se, which makes him seem more S-ish.
Lol at the notion of determining the "strength" of one's "tertiary Jungian function," esp. as opposed to, say, concluding that said tertiary function were primary or secondary. It's quite a lot of fun you guys have.

Anyway, based on some more references, I think it's more likely Trump's ESTP than I did before.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Lol at the notion of determining the "strength" of one's "tertiary Jungian function," esp. as opposed to, say, concluding that said tertiary function were primary or secondary. It's quite a lot of fun you guys have.

Anyway, based on some more references, I think it's more likely Trump's ESTP than I did before.
edmond makes a solid point. it's a complete cop out to not back up entj with anything, and conclude its a strong tertiary function rather than the dominant.

however, i think its a definite weakness of the myers briggs test that we have to have staggered functions, and the alternating introverted, extraverted functions. i think its entirely possible to have highly developed sub-functions.

basically, id like to hear a good argument why you guys think trump is an entj. concluding he has a highly developed Se is not a point in your favor. both estp and entj have developed Se.

·
Registered
122 Posts
however, i think its a definite weakness of the myers briggs test that we have to have staggered functions, and the alternating introverted, extraverted functions.
As do I. Jung made a mistake when he split the functions into I and E. I've written a lot about the reasons it was a mistake. As not to spam/derail: feel free (anyone) to send me a message and I'll relay the relevant info.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
edmond makes a solid point. it's a complete cop out to not back up entj with anything, and conclude its a strong tertiary function rather than the dominant.

however, i think its a definite weakness of the myers briggs test that we have to have staggered functions, and the alternating introverted, extraverted functions. i think its entirely possible to have highly developed sub-functions.

basically, id like to hear a good argument why you guys think trump is an entj. concluding he has a highly developed Se is not a point in your favor. both estp and entj have developed Se.
He seems to be able to view all sides of a situation, he seems very planned, very calculated, very well disciplined, and very organized. He screams Te. In addition, he does seem to use a lot of Se though. Oh, and in addition, he is great at both administration as well as entrepreneurship. The only type that I find that can pull both of these off well is ENTJ. Most people are either good entrepreneurs or good administators. He is good at both though.

Reactions: SarahWilliams

·
Banned
557 Posts
He seems to be able to view all sides of a situation, he seems very planned, very calculated, very well disciplined, and very organized. He screams Te. In addition, he does seem to use a lot of Se though. Oh, and in addition, he is great at both administration as well as entrepreneurship. The only type that I find that can pull both of these off well is ENTJ. Most people are either good entrepreneurs or good administators. He is good at both though.
Nate, I'm sick and tires of your incompetence and time wasted on making pointless thread on perC,

·
Registered
828 Posts
Well, if you've ever seen The Apprentice, the Don doesn't appear to have an Fe bone in his body. ESTPs are very good at making everything go their way smoothly, by diplomatic means and without friction. Trump has a harsh, in-your-face demeanor which could only mean either Te, or Ti unaccompanied by a sufficiently strong tertiary. And he's far too good of an administrator to be that Je-deficient.

Reactions: SarahWilliams

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nate, I'm sick and tires of your incompetence and time wasted on making pointless thread on perC,

You are an idiot Spencer the man is ENTJ and you know it.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I was watching "The Apprentice" last night and I'm about 100% sure that he's ENTJ now. The guy would get pissed off when the people couldn't make quick, objective decisions. This is classic Te to me. Te gets pissed off when you spend too much time contemplating options, and I've seen this in real life. Also, when the Don makes a decision, it is final and set in stone. This is also classic Te at work.

·
Banned
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,747 Posts
INTP, which is same as Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg; Donald seems like an introvert. His interviewer in the video appears ENTP.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
INTP, which is same as Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg; Donald seems like an introvert. His interviewer in the video appears ENTP.

Where is Donald Trump's Ne I ask you? Where?

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Donald is an ENTJ. I read in a few places he was an ESTP which could make sense also, although ENTJ fits him better i think.

Reactions: The Great One
1 - 20 of 418 Posts