Personality Cafe banner

Don't dig TV series...Do you?

929 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  JamesSteal
I don't like watching series such as walking dead, 24, sopranos, breaking bad, or any other show like that. I'll watch a feature film no problem, and love watching feature films, but cannot dig the series shows.

I've tried to get into them but can't, and I won't be trying it again. Does anyone relate or feel similar? They just feel like a waste of time anyway, so i'm happy about it. But it does make me wonder.

Could the inability to watch these shows be because:

a) some people have a tendency to repel against following the herd - so if the herd watches a tv series, you don't?

or

b) an inability to hold an interest in something over an extended span of time?

or

c) just think they're lame :rolleyes:

or

d) an inability to 'get in' to the characters because I don't especially care about other people's emotions and cases one way or the other?

(I'm also, for the most part, hopeless at following films, I cannot keep track of the plot of characters or anything. Maybe it's for some of the reasons above also?)
Reactions: sandblaster
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
I can't stand the Walking Dead. I seriously don't understand the appeal, I swear it's a zombie soap opera. All I hear is "ermahgerd I think so and so is gonna die this week." Not only does everyone in my school talk about it constantly, my dad invites my uncle over and my whole family watches it too. This is incredibly annoying during the fall/winter months because I can't watch Sunday Night Football.

I'm much more of a movie person as well. But the only shows I'll watch if they're on is Seinfeld or Big Bang Theory, and even those get repetitive after a while.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.