Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
...i do not know...that is a tough question...all i know is that i wish to be be famous...(as childish as it sounds...)...by making the best stories and unique art...

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
...see above...
3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
...i hope to not fade into obsoleteness...i want to be remebered in history...i want to avoid being a fake...though i once tried to merge in g style but it didn't work out so well..the values that are important to me is...humility(...above all else...), authenticness, originality, creativity, and loyalty...

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
...being obselute...not improtant in the hostory of writing and art...in relationships...being betrayed...
5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
...unique.. introspective...quiet... neutral...i see myself as...uncreative.. unoriginal...proud...a failure...

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
...i feel best when my work is complimented...when it makes someone feel something...when it stands out...being touched...i feel worst when...i'm ignored...not called weird...called a gossip...
7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a.
an outburst...very explosive and damaging...i have stuck and hit my sibings/parents when i'm over the top angry...i yell...then i hide and don' want to be with them...
b.
...i disappear...i don't want to be noticed...i hide...
c.
...i get anxious...i feel a racing motion in me...i pace in frustration...people irritate me...i tend to recover when i'm alone...or when i'm with someone i trust...
8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a.
...i hide in the bathroom...i hide in my room...i hide in my bed...i hide from people...
b.
...i feel cheated...i feel very disappointed...i don't like it...
c.
i am quiet...i stop talking...i shut up...i don't want to deal with it...i try to run from it...
9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a.
...i get pissed by their pride...or...i admire them and look up to them...i don't like it...but am willing to submit if i love the person...
b.
...hate it...
10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
...bittersweet...humans are inherently evil but through a higher power they can overcome it...

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

·
Banned
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...could you possibly figure out my wing and tritype?...

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
IMO: 4w3-6w5-9w1 or 1w9, hard to tell, but that's just a guess. You didn't provide much information.

·
Registered
INTP 648 tritype The Truth Teller sx~so
1,476 Posts
@Febe , interesting.... but way too much.... dots.... for me ;)

I sensed a lot of social subype, perhaps so/sx, you wrote a lot about how you are seen by other people. Your first answer sounds a lot more Three than Four. And the way you talked about authority makes me think of Six. Also, your anxiety issues sounds Sixish more than other head types.

But based on so little information I cannot really tell your tritype fixations; what I noticed was 3w4, 6 and so/sx. I don't know about your gut fix, that doesn't seem coherent enough for me to be able to tell surely. Could you answer to the additional questions too?

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
...could you possibly figure out my wing and tritype?...
According to Riso-Hudson, 4w3 is said to be more self-conscious and aware of their internal mechanisms regarding self-worth, how they come across to others in impressions, desire recognition for their work and put more into it regarding presentation, more practical than 4w5 while also being more extravagant and sophisticated, view themselves as elegant or high class often, likely competitive to some degree, dispising of others, narcissistic tendencies with those expressions more visible to the world.

4w5 is said to dwell more internally, outside world is less interesting, attracted to exotic, mysterious, symbolic, personal style often unusual, more melancholic, minimalistic life style, often view themselves as an outsider, have very insightful moments but don't tend to hold ability for a practical nature in the real world.

^ Which wing fits you? The wings are not given a core factor to divide them, but give stereotypes of differing approaches to the core type.

You don't seem to be judgmental or aggressive, and if discomforted by other's doing you probably hide instead of fight for either yourself (8) or a stance (1), making you a 9 as they're passive.

I don't know how the theory is applied to the thinking triad. I'm not fond of the tritype theory because the core seems to influence it too much.

·
Banned
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
...well..the biggest one was when i had a crush(crush at first sight)...and i was at a summer camp. we did fine together and became friends...and then when he left(he lived far away from me) i started crying even though i generally keep it all in...and then i became chronically depressed for six months...i became very aware of myself and couldn't do anything really because i was depressed...and i slept a lot more to pass time and to forget being sad about him...and when i was alone i would think about him and cry...now i don't think about him as much...i think about me more...but when i think about him i get this feeling pain as if what we could have been...

... another event that was more gradual in my realization was when my twin got raped by an immediate family member...i felt ashamed because i felt no sympathy or empathy towards her(i was 12)...but then when i was 13 i started to realize my behavior was changing...i had absorbed my sister's fears...because i now didn't trust men or women and i started loathing people...and felt i couldn't trust anyone...even my own parents(they hadn't called the police when they found it out immediately...)...

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
...i don't trust much anyone...i am always imagining how it could go all wrong...and am always visualizing when they will betray me....
13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
...like:
quietness
shyness
pondering
...dislike:
pride
jealousy
...but in a strange sense i like
jealousy
i don't do anything about my dreams
...i like calling attention to it somewhat...but to myself...i don't like telling people about it...

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
...?...i don't know...but occasionally i get a connection with a random person and i take a liking to them...i notice a lot about people...come to think of it... i can notice if they're fake...if they're a nerd...what social status they are in...i notice their habits and what they do also...and body language but that comes from practice...

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
...if insulted...it depends what they insult... either i get all sad and think i'm a horrible person...or i don't care and think they don't know what doing...

...if complimented i don't believe it and try to come up with reasons i'm not...or sometimes i accept it...depends on the person...

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

a.
...i'm thankful for my twin...for everything really...i'm happy i'm not on the streets...i'm thankful i was home schooled most of my life...
b.
...i wish i could have great artistic talent and make up really good stories...wish i could have an xbox 360... wish i could have more privacy...wish my parents didn't have a filter on the laptop....

@Wake
....well i feel more 4w3 in desire and fear but i love researching things thoroughly that i am interested in and i prefer being an outsider to situations...i prefer to observe than take part in social gatherings...

·
Banned
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Wake
...we're identical...but she is an esfp...and she "just wants to have fun in life"...

Reactions: Wake

·
Banned
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...but what about me?...(selfish side coming up...)...

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
@Febe, I was thinking either SX, SP for you or SP/SX in terms of instinctual variants. Here is a link to the site in case you want to read more about it: Socionics - the16types.info - Instinctual Stackings

I particularly like the Overview of Instinctual Stackings and the Flow of Instinctual Energies & Compatibility to tell your own type.

sp/sx
Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.
These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other's condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant's surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.
Expression: wistful self-absorbed expression, sighing, magic is in their head
Energy: calm, steady energy expressed intensely, withdrawing
Behavior: withdrawn, calm, wistful and self absorbed
Mindset: "I can have merging/intensity without having to leave my orderly & pleasing lifestyle." (imagination, safe people and relationships, when the safety of these are challenged they withdraw)
Blind spot: Likely to neglect their desire to seek intense connections and experiences for the sake of their primary concern of maintaining physical saftey, comfort, and an orderly lifestyle, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the need to connect in a broader sense with the world, of a sense of security or in groups or of the need to seek it, or even of the need to foster approval, support, and understanding of themselves within groups they are connected with, often causing misunderstandings with allies, supporters, friends, and family members.

sp/sx - dulling, grounding, exhausting, deadening, desiccating, making still, calming, quieting, dampening, numbing, desensitizing
sx/sp
Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union.
This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander. May be prone to self-medicating.
Expression: intense, self-absorbed expression
Energy: intense energy expressed calmly, steadily, assertively
Behavior: intense, assertive, troubled and self absorbed
Mindset: "If I can make (us) have an orderly & pleasing lifestyle, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."
Blind spot: Likely to neglect their desire to maintain physical saftey, comfort, and an orderly lifestyle for the sake of their primary concern of seeking intense connections and experiences, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the need to connect in a broader sense with the world, of a sense of security or in groups or of the need to seek it, or even of the need to foster approval, support, and understanding of themselves within groups they are connected with, often causing misunderstandings with allies, supporters, friends, and family members.

sx/sp - intensifying, escalating, enlivening, invigorating, stimulating, energizing, vitalizing, reviving, animating, inspiriting
In terms of the wing theory, there isn't any indicators in particular that have been proven to separate them, but they're stereotypes of directions 4s go to help separate them.

·
Banned
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...hard to know...i don't desire the basics...i desire to fulfill myself...so i'm probably sx/sp tho sp/sx described me in terms of how i approach relationships...

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
...hard to know...i don't desire the basics...i desire to fulfill myself...so i'm probably sx/sp tho sp/sx described me in terms of how i approach relationships...
4w3 strikes me as a diva, as my impression of you is that you're a quiet, timid observer and too reserved to fit the 4w3 bill.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts