Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone can't quite decide which of the personality types I am because every time I take the Meyers Briggs test, I get something different, not too different though. Like first I got INFJ, then INFP, no ISFP.

I think because the test is sort of vague and some of the questions are not so clear cut. Yes or NO just isn't enough for like half the questions...

Anyway, if you had any advice, I'd be glad to hear it

And Hi! everyone ! again :)

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings datdudeasu and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum datdudeasu. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
314 Posts
My advice: those online tests are crap. Don't listen to them. :proud:

Learn about functions! Just google "MBTI functions" and read up. It'll really help. Yup yup!

And welcome, by the way. :wink:

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Hey everyone can't quite decide which of the personality types I am because every time I take the Meyers Briggs test, I get something different, not too different though. Like first I got INFJ, then INFP, no ISFP.

I think because the test is sort of vague and some of the questions are not so clear cut. Yes or NO just isn't enough for like half the questions...

Anyway, if you had any advice, I'd be glad to hear it

And Hi! everyone ! again :)
Describe yourself as intricately as possible. I may be able to type you. The online tests are shit. They originally typed me as an ESTJ, lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome among your friends!

I'd suggest you go through the characteristics of those 2 and compare yourself to them. You'd be the one that matches you the most. "energeticelephant" advice is also useful!

Welcome again! :happy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna take you on Nate! Okay, so I can definitely say that most of my life occurs within me rather than outside of me like with people and stuff. Like I think alooot, and I think about everything, and I have that "HSP" thing where I kind of know what people are thinking by their emotions and stuff. I have always been a skilled writer, and can remember the lyrics to most songs fairly easily. Like I can hear a song 2 or 3 times and know majority of it. Then once I have heard it for about a week or two, you know when they repeat and repeat it on the radio, I will know it all by heart and even the instrumentals in my head.

I think this has to be me being an "audio" person rather than visual or anything else, and this is why I have to have some kind of white noise when I sleep, because I am sensitive to sounds. I am usually always the first one to react to the telephone, doorbell, or when someone asks a question.

I HATE being waited on, meaning I HATE pressure. I like to do things at my own pace and very easily fall into speeding things up because I think I have to finish it early. I think this has to do with me working with my dads landscaping business for quite a few years and his constant giving me tasks and telling me to finish them as early as possible. This results are usually half assed projects much of the times but my effort is usually great, and it makes me look lazy or incompetent, whereas my blood and sweat went into it but my mind just won’t let me pace myself.

And when I go into any kind of a project, I will usually just dive in and think about it later. I know that this isn't right but thats just my thing. Like when I buy a new product. I just cant open it and read the instructions...I HAVE to turn it on and get on with it and do my thing. So I guess I go with my gut first, then I try to go step by step.

When I read magazines, I will first flip through the whole thing, to kind of give myself the satisfaction that I “read the whole thing”, then I will read it backwards, like the last page, then so on. I don’t know why...

Like I said I am very good at reading people, or at least I think I am. It is a very major part of myself, and I will just by default be gauging people's facial expressions. I am verry considerate and don't like conflict, argument, and just don't have the heart to fight people. I still don't understand how people crowd around people when they fight and shout "fight fight", this to me is embarassing, I get embarassed when I see it, but mostly its cruel. Because I believe in public we should be on our best behavior and people just shouldn't beat people up.

I think I am introverted because of the fact that I usually need recovery time after parties, work, (I work in electronics sales). But I am not in my shell either. I do go through these phases however. It's like sometimes, like right now, I can go up to anyone you want, anywhere, and strike up a conversation, make them laugh, without once thinking whether it would be proper or not. And this will last from a few weeks to a month or two. Then mostly I will be very sensitive and feel like I am bugging anyone I talk to and am extra nice and feel like people's happiness is on my hands.

I think its just being sensitive at times and sometimes not.

So what do you think, what have I left out?

·
Registered
90 Posts
You're an INFP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi & welcome! I'm new here too & trying to figure this out. I took the test 3 times & got the same results but thanks for the info on mbti functions. Some research is in order juuuusst to be sure :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts