Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no matter what I try to do, I will always be destroyed.

I realize I test people by opening myself up to them in a non-important way and then when they fail to realize what or how I need them to act I yell at them and make them feel like shit.

and I feel like shit cause I do this.

fuck it.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
You are not doomed to failure.

You need to realize that you can't make people what you want them to be.

^ I still have a hard time dealing with that as well.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
lol, I've thought this before to. kinda enjoyable to read it on a post. It's not bad I think. They will not fail as long you don't keep to high of a ideal because you can't stop testing people It's who you are I assume at least I know this about myself.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah. I feel slightly bad for posting this kind of pissed off, but honestly, I needed to say something somewhere...

or just get a job and move out of my parents house...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
btw awesome advice... I am actually getting a lot form the forums lately... maybe I should keep asking more questions because you all are being really great teachers right now :)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The forums have extra busy lately It's cool! It's sad though because I'm so busy doing my school work I can't respond as much just skim and leave *sigh* It sucks.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

I realize I test people by opening myself up to them in a non-important way and then when they fail to realize what or how I need them to act I yell at them and make them feel like shit.

fuck it.

Anyway, your 'testing' of people is not necessarily a bad thing, it's more of an active filter for sifting the chaff from the wheat of humanity, so to speak.

The adage of 'there are many fish in the sea' applies to more than just romance, but also to friendship or people you want in your life in general.

Although I'd drop the 'yelling at them' bit. Bad coyote. No.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The forums have extra busy lately It's cool! It's sad though because I'm so busy doing my school work I can't respond as much just skim and leave *sigh* It sucks.
yeah... I am a consistent skimmer. I rarely read anything that is very long. I often find when i do I pick up some awesome insight from our INFJ kind, but the small talk/skimming is amazing too. :)
it would be nice to hear more theatre stories. keep your thread updated please!!!!

YouTube - Tarzan complains to me

Anyway, your 'testing' of people is not necessarily a bad thing, it's more of an active filter for sifting the chaff from the wheat of humanity, so to speak.

The adage of 'there are many fish in the sea' applies to more than just romance, but also to friendship or people you want in your life in general.

Although I'd drop the 'yelling at them' bit. Bad coyote. No.

cutest pup ever :)

yeah... the yelling bit does need to stop. It's just so difficult to be shut down the way i feel I am being shut down. I don't think me yelling will go away entirly but at the same time I believe I can redirec it in a more healthy/entertaining way.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
yeah... I am a consistent skimmer. I rarely read anything that is very long. I often find when i do I pick up some awesome insight from our INFJ kind, but the small talk/skimming is amazing too. :)
it would be nice to hear more theatre stories. keep your thread updated please!!!!
How do I update my thread? LOL Yeah can't either I, I skim through what I want to read It's very bias mind set. It really is :D

·
Registered
5,675 Posts

fuck it.
You sound fed up with people's lack of understanding... but the part that seems so bad is that your frustration is building upon itself. I'll be the first to admit that most people I know don't get INFJs shit-all, especially because it's an extrovert's world.

But even so, the less of a chance you give people to understand you, the less understood you'll end up being. I hardly understand myself after all this time so my expectations of other people aren't too high... but it is nice for someone to understand bits and pieces from time to time.

Understanding builds with time, Coyote. Until then, you always got us.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't believe it's an extravert world - true there are more of them. But you can succeed in other ways. I do agree that you need to stop trying to get other people to "get you" - frankly it rarely happens and guess what - many of them are trying to get you to "get them" so there is no space in their heads to try and get you.

I do think that INFJs have to go futher in order to meet other people half way - that sometimes frustrates me but with practice you can learn to translate infjyness into a more paletable external persona and perhaps keep hardcore infjyness with close friends who get it.

That's why I think INFJs tend to bloom later, we get beyond superficial social disaster areas like school, settle down, get comfortable in our skin and start doing what we want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts