Personality Cafe banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Well, he slept with Liza and then regretted it. He didn't seem like the kind of guy who has a plan and I don't think he was sure about his ideas or what he was doing . Think about how he was talking about moving to another country but he suddenly abandoned this plan and ended up killing himself.
I will have to re-read it, but ISFP seems a bit far stretched. If anything, I would switch to INTP. I will think about it and try to deal with it later.

Dostoevsky noted:

“if Stavrogin believes, he does not believe that he believes. And if he does not believe, he does not believe that he does not believe.”
Thinking back to him, what was his motivation? He did not seem to be motivated by bringing his inner idea to life (Ji). He seemed more concerned with his internal imagery of things (Pi). He also seemed a bit hedonistic in the beginning. He's a rather unstable character, so he's hard to type.

I will go for very unhealthy INTP for now. Do you agree?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I will have to re-read it, but ISFP seems a bit far stretched. If anything, I would switch to INTP. I will think about it and try to deal with it later.

Dostoevsky noted:

Thinking back to him, what was his motivation? He did not seem to be motivated by bringing his inner idea to life (Ji). He seemed more concerned with his internal imagery of things (Pi). He also seemed a bit hedonistic in the beginning. He's a rather unstable character, so he's hard to type.

I will go for very unhealthy INTP for now. Do you agree?
Maybe , I guess Ne would make sense for him.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Maybe , I guess Ne would make sense for him.
What are your doubts?

I really have problems seeing him as Fi dom. The book never offered his perspective of things, he was always seen from the outside, but he never looked like having a lot of empathy. I do agree that he seemed to be more Te-Fi than Fe-Ti, but he also seemed to be using Ne. But that would suggest ISTJ, and I don't really see him fitting the description.

On 2nd thought, he could be an unhealthy ENFP (Ne - Fi - Te - Si). It would also explain why you mistook him for using Se.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
What are your doubts?

I really have problems seeing him as Fi dom. The book never offered his perspective of things, he was always seen from the outside, but he never looked like having a lot of empathy. I do agree that he seemed to be more Te-Fi than Fe-Ti, but he also seemed to be using Ne. But that would suggest ISTJ, and I don't really see him fitting the description.

On 2nd thought, he could be an unhealthy ENFP (Ne - Fi - Te - Si). It would also explain why you mistook him for using Se.
I just don't remember too many details and his character was a bit confusing in general, but as I said Ne makes sense for him.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
This book is reminding me why I'm not and never will be an Introvert. Oh my gosh. Are there people in the world who are really that internally focused?

Edit: I'm referring here to Crime and Punishment.

Reactions: Bash

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dosoevsky: INTJ or INFJ ... most of his novels are INXJ stories, which tells you a lot about his personality. Most of his main characters have complex ideas (INTJ), while all them are deep feelers and thinkers at the same time. It's a close race between INTJ and INFJ, but Dostoevsky wasn't INFP! Even Walter White is more of a P than Dostoevsky!

Crime and Punishment:
- Raskolnikov: INTJ
- Porfiry Petrovich: ENTJ
- Sonya: INFP
- Swidrigailov: INTP

The Idiot:
- Myshkin: INFJ
- Rogoshin: ESFP
- Nastassja Filippowna: ENFJ
- Aglaja: INTP

Demons:
- Stawrogin: INXP
- Pjotr Werchowenski: INTJ
- Kirilow: INTJ
- Stepan Trofimowich: ESFP
- Warwara Petrowna: ESTJ

The brothers Karamazov
- Fjodor Pawlowich: ESTP
- Alexei: INFJ
- Ivan: INTJ
- Dimitri: ESFP
- Smerdjakov: INTP
- Gruschenka: ESFP
- Katherina Ivanovna: too difficult :)
- Starez Sossima: INFJ

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
What types are the characters from White Nights, the narrator and the girl?
Still need to see the adaptation by Visconti.

·
Registered
4 Posts
With respect, everything you just listed as evidence of an INFP type is actually representative of INFJ. With the possible exception of not understanding social conventions - but even that could just be an minimally socialized or developing INFJ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe just me since I'm entp but thats how I read Myshkin and Jesus. Extroverted intuition, concern for humanity with unintended awkwardness and meanness to authorities they consider hypocrits. ENTP are the most introverted of the extroverts but too interested in making an actual impact on the real world to be INTP. And they're too scattered m, indecisive, and disorganized thinkers to be TJ. Jesus was no Paul. Myshkin was no Sherlock Holmes. The fault in my argument would lie in Myshkin's heartbreaking decision based on misguided feelings at the end, but madness doesn't determine personality type.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts