Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you ever feel like this? I feel like this especially with my family. on my own, i feel like i have a different set of problems, different set of encounters, different set of beliefs that are so far from how my family lives. when i talk with them or visit them, i feel so detached, and i feel like we're in two different worlds. and i always have a hard time adjusting to one world (my world) and their world (that i visit). does this make sense? i'm afraid im just being confusing. and then when i visit my family's world, i'm kinda saddened. to see that they haven't changed at all, to see them live like this and i realize that in "my" world, i've been growing and learning so much more (the hard way, through tough times). and then i feel detached from my family's world. at the same time, when i go back (after i visit), i feel detached from my world, too, because i've spent some time in my family's world so i feel like an alien in my own world. And i feel like im living these double lives. kinda confused about things guys

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I understand completely. Don't ever be fooled to live in "Their World." Your inner thoughts should always take priority - just not at the expense of others.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Some times it feels like I have 3 lives home, work, and school.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im just so confused. i feel like these worlds are so different from one another and i don't know how to put them together?

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Yeah I agree with ertertwert, they don't have to be put together, when I was younger I felt like I had 6 different personality llives to fill, but then I realized really all I was doing was just "blending" to the surroundings while keeping myself hidden, which I still do and still like. Don't fret, it's in us to do this, it's part of who we are to have a surface layer, then a 2nd and 3rd and so on...

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Yeah, the world that I inhabbit when I am by myself is different from when I am around other people, and I try not to live there when I am with them.

I show a different side of myself, which is still a genuine part of me.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seems like such a silly thing to be confused about huh? :bored: my ENFP friend seems to do this so well - juggling different worlds - like literally imagine someone juggling 3 balls. she's like that, one ball rolls off the hand perfectly while another ball lands in that hand, and the cycle goes on. for me, i'm juggling, but when one one ball is in my hand (the world i am in currently), everything in the other ball seems to be shaken up and distorted

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
seems like such a silly thing to be confused about huh? :bored: my ENFP friend seems to do this so well - juggling different worlds - like literally imagine someone juggling 3 balls. she's like that, one ball rolls off the hand perfectly while another ball lands in that hand, and the cycle goes on. for me, i'm juggling, but when one one ball is in my hand (the world i am in currently), everything in the other ball seems to be shaken up and distorted
I think life is better if we juggle more than one ball. That ONE BALL could be called the "comfort zone" ball.

Speaking of which, that's the one I'm using now. I need to get off my ass and get out of the house. I'll be back tonight, of couse. What else would I do- sleep?

Be good, curious. Be peaceful and civil. You can do it. :proud:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heehee thanks dave :proud: at least i'm not in my uncivil/hostile/get away from me mode right now. i prefer this state of temporary confusion/restlessness to the uncivility/hostility that happens when i get stressed out in one ball

1 - 12 of 12 Posts