Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm an extrovert. an ESFP to be exact. crazy, loud, social esfp. sometimes.
Sometimes I feel like I'm my "true" self. I'm able to talk to anyone and everyone and I'm really outgoing and feel good about myself. Everyone who knows this side of me says I'm really bubbly and when I get quiet around them they pester me until I tell them what's wrong. I always say "I'm just tired." even though the real answer is "I have no idea."
however, other times, (usually around different people) I become reserved. I get super shy and don't say anything no matter how badly I want to. I can't control it. people have said that I'm the quietest person they know. they always ask why I never talk and they don't believe my other friends who say I'm the loudest person they know.

this would make sense if I was outgoing around the people that I've known forever and am really close to, but shy around strangers. but that's not the case. it's just random. and I hate it. I wish I was one or the other. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with people who are introverts, I LOVE them! but idk.. for me, since I'm naturally an extrovert, everything feels off and uncomfortable when I'm quiet around people.
I'm so sorry if this is confusing....I'm just wondering if anyone relates or has any idea why I do this..

·
Registered
769 Posts
Don't force yourself to any scheme box. When you want to talk - talk, when stay quiet - quiet. Don't define that you are outgoing, so you should be outgoing every time, every place etc. These're fucking, limiting definitions which I hate to be put in.

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
Sometimes I feel like I'm my "true" self. I'm able to talk to anyone and everyone and I'm really outgoing and feel good about myself. Everyone who knows this side of me says I'm really bubbly and when I get quiet around them they pester me until I tell them what's wrong. I always say "I'm just tired." even though the real answer is "I have no idea."
however, other times, (usually around different people) I become reserved. I get super shy and don't say anything no matter how badly I want to. I can't control it. people have said that I'm the quietest person they know. they always ask why I never talk and they don't believe my other friends who say I'm the loudest person they know.

this would make sense if I was outgoing around the people that I've known forever and am really close to, but shy around strangers. but that's not the case. it's just random. and I hate it. I wish I was one or the other. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with people who are introverts, I LOVE them! but idk.. for me, since I'm naturally an extrovert, everything feels off and uncomfortable when I'm quiet around people.
I'm so sorry if this is confusing....I'm just wondering if anyone relates or has any idea why I do this..
You are yourself. That is the only real and verifiable fact. All the types and definitions are concepts. We are not mechanistically determined. We have the ability to different when the sun is shining and when it is cloudy. We have moods that we do not understand. We ar complex. As Bob Dylan said, "It ain’t no use to sit and wonder why" But for certain it is not some hard-wired personality trait. We do not have them.

·
Banned
281 Posts

Having a double personality is somewhat good. People with it are tend to be intellectual people, Well some of us.. XD and yes me too a double personality individual.

Not being biased about it i think it somewhat good. Because you are only doing a self portrait because of the society and its standards. Some form the 2nd personality to coop with the standards while keeping the original one hidden because they think that their true self is unacceptable.

^^ So its somewhat good to have one... ^^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts