Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposedly, 9 is one the three doubting types. Are you prone to doubt and uncertainty? What types of things tend to trigger it for you? What is it like for you when you experience it?

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
What is the other doubting type? May I ask?

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the other doubting type? May I ask?
It's from this:

The 469 is a seeker with a lot of self doubt. There is always more to learn when you are this tritype but the desire is to develop a philosophy. the 6 and 4 have the most self doubt along with the 9. The 4 doubts their feelings, the 6 their thoughts. 6s want reassurance, 4s want praise to offset their natural tendency to be shame sensitive. The 4 leading is more concerned with the Who am I question and hopes to 'someday' have that answered through constant introspection and referencing their own feelings. I can only speak from my own lens and say that the 6 leading is less identity focused. Who Am I doesn't enter the picture like the 4, and less reliance on needing to set themselves apart to resolve the philosophical dilemma.

...the 6 will stereotypically give 469 some sort of orientation around associations to ease anxiety...469 will have more of a push-pull reaction pattern with authority in staving off inner anxiety.

The 9 or 4 with the 469 tritype has the 3 types that feel doubt. Doubt breeds insecurity which increases anxiety. The gift of this tritype is the ability to search for meaning. What begins as doubt ultimates brings a great deal of knowledge that can lead to greater understanding.

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Thing is thought that pretty much everyone feels doubt in some way or another.

Fuck the type nine wasn't even part of the whole doubting process. The only true "doubting" type that is above all others is the Six. The 9 and 4 aren't that much more likely to doubt, instead of any other type. But fuck it. If I were to rank doubtingness then I'd rank 5 and 8 above 4 and 9. Then everything else would follow that. But I'm not too sure about this. $shrugs$

·
Registered
585 Posts
Heh, I'm 946. So, yeah.

I think 9-ish doubt is mostly self-doubt-- this feeling of I'm Probably Wrong, Because I Just Am Wrong. 6-ish doubt is-- well, pretty much everything, I don't know what 4-ish doubt is (unless it's general melodrama-- uncertainty is much more melodramatic than certainty!), but 9-ish doubt is all about doubting oneself and ones own thoughts/feelings/abilities/opinions/whatever.

·
Banned
4,124 Posts
Heh, I'm 946. So, yeah.

I think 9-ish doubt is mostly self-doubt-- this feeling of I'm Probably Wrong, Because I Just Am Wrong. 6-ish doubt is-- well, pretty much everything, I don't know what 4-ish doubt is (unless it's general melodrama-- uncertainty is much more melodramatic than certainty!), but 9-ish doubt is all about doubting oneself and ones own thoughts/feelings/abilities/opinions/whatever.
All of this. Even the same tritype.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a 964 tritype, and INTP. I don't get a lot of self-doubt as far as I'm aware, but I get a lot of uncertainty and vacillation in my thinking. I think about my type all the time, so this is the main area where I experience doubt. INTPs have a tendency to thoroughly consider all possibilities before deciding on anything, and with a strong 6 fix I need to have certainty, which can be very hard for me to find when my Ti and Ne tell me my idea is is not necessarily true, that there are other ways to interpret it. The doubt can become rather frustrating and intense for me, and at times it can feel like I'm trapped in a vortex, scrambling around trying to find something to hold onto. I've noticed that I have a tendency to go back and forth between trying to convince myself of my type, and then looking for ways it might not fit, just in case I am actually mistyped and have merely been deluding myself. Perhaps I need to stop using my mind to either convince myself or doubt, and use it more to simply understand. I wonder if I can do that...

At this moment I am not 100% certain that I'm a 9. Yesterday I was certain. Tomorrow I could be a 6. You never know, with me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts