Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
First, I've changed types too many times to be certain of this one. And the that dormant uncertainty is dredged out by the fact that I'm very right-brained - and am also quite image conscious, because life's easier when you don't have scorned people creating obstacles for your success at work/school/hobbies.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn to see and experience the world and everything in it, as well as to achieve prominence in my career. I have a desire to lead and to make my mark on the world.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Overcoming a challenge that nobody else could; being innately superior in some way; being in complete control of my life; not being tied down to anything, ultimate freedom. Which, ironically, makes me want to commit myself to accomplishing something.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
People whom I consider more intelligent, more innately attractive (physically). The knowledge that I'm likely not that intelligent. Basically anything that I know I can't develop - I loathe the idea of innateness and fate, though I accept it.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I consider the options. Then I project how the process and outcomes would play out. Then I take a mental inventory of the investments versus the returns - weighted with risk/probability. I never trust feelings, I don't trust anything I can't justify logically or with evidence. I do consider people if they could later play a role in my own ability to achieve the goal. It's important not to burn bridges. You never know who could introduce you to valuable networking contacts, or who could completely destroy the reputation so valuable to your career.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Getting it done; yes I do, but I will delegate all the drudgery detail/secretarial stuff, since my energy's better spent on what I'm strong with. I don't worry about perfection, if the project serves the ultimate purpose that it was supposed to, that's all I care about.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Staying up all night with someone discussing some odd hybrid of metaphysics and quantum physics. I'm no physics expert period, but the learning experience enthralled me.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I like to understand the concepts behind it, to understand all the "whys" and to know exactly what role components play in it, and how they fit together. Then I need to try it myself in order to confirm/tweak that understanding. I absolutely cannot do memorization.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Sufficiently.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
The former.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I suppose the latter? Why would I want to do what I don't want to do? lol

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Usually think first. However once I get friendly with someone, my vicious case of foot-in-mouth disease crops up, heh.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Definitely look before leaping. Yes, actions speak louder than words. Though technically, formulating words is an action. o_O

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Go out. I hate being cooped up at home.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I withdraw and get lazy.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People bent on "shoulds", an inability to understand the concept of efficiency (I hate group projects at school...), unwarranted arrogance, people who don't respect privacy, people who won't give me personal space, people who try to tie me down, people who waste my time.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Ideas, theories, anything that could spark a lively debate, or just learning from each other.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Television, sports, family, fashion (even though I model, lol), food. Actually, there are probably others that I couldn't name by mere virtue of my inattention to them. :p

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They see me as smartmouthed and spunky. lol I'm also known for being aloof and independent to a fault. They also think I'm unemotional, when in reality, I'm not. I just don't see a purpose for them, much less for centralizing them.

My friends would never call me clingy, needy or detail-oriented. lol.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Usually find some way to improve myself professionally. Or get some exercise, or accomplish something I've been wanting to - such as learning another language, which would coincidentally help me career-wise.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Yeah, I've always doubted that you were an Ni dom. Honestly, I'm very confident from your answers that you are an ENTJ (obvious Te dominance/Fi inferiority).

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've always doubted that you were an Ni dom. Honestly, I'm very confident from your answers that you are an ENTJ (obvious Te dominance/Fi inferiority).
Actually, I see you snoopin' on my profile a lot, lol. So I'm assuming you've read some organic posts of mine. Either that or you like the vids I've got on there, heh.

What would you type them if you had a gun to your head?

I've noticed (and cringed) at how emo my posts sound, but that's where I channel my inner weenieness within, I guess. lol. So I wonder if it's latent Fi that's really dom/aux without my realizing it.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
@dagnytaggart

Lol, not sure where to see your videos. I was actually thinking of some posts in the past where I thought you just came off as more image conscious than the average INXJ, which made me suspect that you're likely not an inferior Se type. I could be wrong, but just from my own experiences as an Ni dominant, being image conscious and stuff related to the S realm doesn't come easily at all, unless I'm super paranoid for some reason about what others may see into my appearance/actions. Also, your answers seem mostly extraverted in nature, and the admission to not trusting feelings to make decisions is suspect for inferior Fi.

Reactions: dagnytaggart

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
you sound pretty 8 to me based on the words you chose.

overcoming a challenge someone else could not, being in control of my life
I stopped reading and just said boom. 8. nuff said. What makes you doubt 8?

I'll recommend to you what I recommend to everyone else. If you are unsure of your type, try giving socionics a shot and see what result you get. Personally, I used this test:
Socionics Tests

By giving socionics a shot you're going to see if you can squeeze yourself into a stereotype better than you could before. Some people do better with different systems. The key here is to get you to understand how your brain works, not how you identify with others.

If you're an 8 that would make you a gut type, which means you generally trust a gut feeling in your decisions, and if you try to explain yourself after that its all mostly going to be afterthoughts and rationalizations for why you made the decision. Head types, I would imagine, can clearly express their line of thought, while heart types are... hearty (hilarious pun).

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any thoughts on the possibility of me being some sort of F?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts