Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've known a lot of INFP's and many that I know, have two different personas. They have their Dr. Jekyll personality when they are nice, sensitive, warm, fuzzy, and sweet. Then, you have their completely different persona where they become Mr or Mrs. Hyde. Hyde usually comes out when you piss them off. They then freak out, become extremely hard to deal with, will yell at you, cuss at you, argue with you, put you down, and just make your life a living hell. It's like most INFP's have two different personas in one physical being. Would the rest of you all agree with this?

·
Registered
929 Posts
In my group of friends (who are all extroverted), the only person they don't want to piss off would be me.
Every one else is free game, apparently i take things alot more seriously when pissed off.

·
Registered
565 Posts
yes, totally!

it is just that as INFPs we are emotional people, moreover emotionally expressive, and...by my definition at least, anger is an emotion just as much as any other. i am known to often, when in a debate of values with my snarkily provocative ENTP friend, he will deliberately push all of my buttons and i will go wild. i know what he is doing, but like most INFPs, i have that drive to always stick to my values and beliefs and when he (being an ENTP) deliberately mocks and devalues them it makes me so angry and upset, and i just lash out, i see red. often i will punch him a few times, storm off and cry... :frustrating:

but yeah, with people i like (actually, with most people) i am the most sensitive, caring person about the place - but when there are people i do not like, i am vicious - i can't help it.
there was one kid in particular during high school, i worked this light and sound technician job, and so we had a space, a 'gantry', where all the control boxes were. and so, this place is messy, and he comes in and tries to TIDY it (i am already very tense with this guy, straw and camels back, you know?) and i just, as they say, 'see red' and kick him in the stomach and jam his head in the door, all while hysterical and nearly in tears...
oh, and not to mention, i also casually sabotaged him at most opportunities....

actually, i used to work the job, but i got sacked, i was too 'intense' for them...

emotionally volatile, for sure

but afterwards i always feel just awful, i mean, really depressed and sad at what i had done :crying:

yeah....

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
I totally agree in that I am a perfect example of it.

I don't go so far as to put people down, but I'll let them know if their idiocy is beyond comparison.
I'm exactly the same :)

I suppose it's true for anyone though - if you piss someone off, chances are you'll get a volatile reaction.

My fuse is fairly long and slow to burn but christ... I surprise myself when I blow my top. I can be incredibly aggressive and my tongue can cut through most people :( It isn't something I'm proud of but as far as defence mechanisms go, it's bloody effective! :p

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would have to say that all personality types would have some type of tendency to react differently to different situations.

What is your definition of a "lot"? Considering we only make up such a small percent of the population....

An I'm not going to speak for all INFPs, but in order to actually see me pissed off, you would have to really, I mean, REALLY be a asshole, and up in my face. And then.... You have it coming any way.

You almost described an ENTJ I know....
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Drea

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Well, you'd have to really piss an INFP off for them to behave like that.

Reactions: Goodewitch

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'll never put someone down and make their life a living hell. I think this might be an example of my almost 50/50 T vs F. I'm pretty able to detach my from my emotions in an argument. If someone deeply upsets me, however, I can become almost like a different person in that i'll wallow in self-pity and lose passion for everything in life and life itself. I'm just not one to lash out at people, no matter what. Perhaps it's because I'm a 9w1?

·
Registered
188 Posts
So far in my life the only thing to make me ever freak out and curse at are video games. I can only ever play when no one's home anymore because everyone would think I'm insane if they heard how I talked to inanimate object. I guess it would be possible for me to freak out at someone if they REALLY pushed me (and I was drunk). I also think I'm a 9 with a hint of 1.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think some people I've known since school don't think I take criticism/jokes about myself very well. They're probably right. I don't often become horrible but there are times when I have to run away to stop myself from saying or doing something everybody will regret.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts