Goku ENFP
Gohan INFP
Krillin ISFJ
too lazy to fix the rest, ill type them later to fix the first post mistakes
Bulma's ENTP

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm guessing that bmuddy120 has just joined the thread without wanting to go through 33 pages worth of content which is reasonable.

Could you please explain your reasonings on why you think so?
People that say he loves to fight forget he's a saiyan and that's the reason he loves fighting and combat, vegeta is Si user and LOVES to FIGHT, stop stereotyping Se with love to fight. Ne and other users can love to fight too, Goku is obsessed with fighting because of SAIYAN BLOOD, he's an NF since chapter 1. He has an innocent heart. His Ne inspires people the entire series like ENFPs tend to do and is very innocent and a PURE OF HEART character. NFs in Real life aren't complete angels but this is fiction and in fiction the closest temperament to be pure and heart, nice, and idealistic is the NF temperant. Remember the devil may beam didn't phase him AT ALL. Goku is innocent and acts like an NF and ENFP the ENTIRE series. Just go back and watch dbz kai/manga people its not that hard to realize Goku's an NF and fights and lives by his ideals like an NF does. ENFPs are dumbed in fiction alot as well to explain the intelligence side not all but a fair amount are, that's just how it is especially in anime. Goku's loves to fight because of saiyan blood just like Vegeta and Si user! and all the other saiyans, Goku's ENFP people need to accept that just like those ISTJ Elsa fans need to accept Elsa is INFJ lol, use logic when you type character internet. If this keeps up Harry Potter is gonna be ESTP lol, he's ISFP btw.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm guessing that bmuddy120 has just joined the thread without wanting to go through 33 pages worth of content which is reasonable.

Could you please explain your reasonings on why you think so?
People that say he loves to fight forget he's a saiyan and that's the reason he loves fighting and combat, Vegeta is Si user and LOVES to FIGHT, he's ISTJ and is OBSSESSED with Fighting! stop stereotyping Se with love to fight only! Ne and other users can love to fight too, Goku is obsessed with fighting because of SAIYAN BLOOD, he's been an NF since chapter 1. He has an innocent heart. His Ne inspires people the entire series like ENFPs tend to do and is very innocent and a PURE OF HEART character. NFs in Real life aren't complete angels but this is fiction and in fiction the closest temperament to be pure and heart, nice, and idealistic is the NF temperant. Remember the devil may beam didn't phase him AT ALL, Goku letting go of Raditz tail is another example NF and ENFP stereotypes of trusting people too much, my ENFP friend in Real life did this in high school, I'm not knocking you actual ENFPs out there that are not this naive and can read people btw I'm just making a point on a ENFP stereotype for evidence/argument sake in fiction. Goku is innocent and acts like an NF and ENFP the ENTIRE series. Just go back and watch dbz kai/manga people its not that hard to realize Goku's an NF and fights and lives by his ideals like an NF does. ENFPs are dumbed in fiction alot as well to explain the intelligence side not all but a fair amount are, that's just how it is especially in anime. Goku's loves to fight because of saiyan blood just like Vegeta and Si user! and all the other saiyans, Goku's ENFP people need to accept that just like those ISTJ Elsa fans need to accept Elsa is INFJ lol, use logic when you type character internet. If this keeps up Harry Potter is gonna be ESTP lol, he's ISFP btw. I have more evidence of course for Goku but there's my short answer on why he's ENFP to keep it short and sweet, everyone knows he's ENFP, people just love to dispute other types all the time and mix up ENFPs and ESFPs all the time for some reason on the internet, which I despise. It's not that hard to tell the difference between them when you see it. Goku's innocence, naivity, and unconditional kindness is very NF and ENFP, he doesn't act like a Sensor or SP like Yamcha for example. People don't respect Dragon Ball enough and Goku enough to take the franchise and character seriously, they need to watch the japanese dub and manga and analyze people like SaiyanZ3 videos on youtube to understand the series. The Funimation dub on Toonami was bad an inaccurate, theres more to this character than eating, fighting and friends and thats it. And not saying ESFPs can't have depth either in fiction, the main character from Slam Dunk is ESFP and he's an amazing character. Kuwabara is ESFP as well from Yu Yu Hakusho and he's my fav character, look characters like that and compare it to Goku and you'll suddenly realize the NF and SP differences there and see why Goku's NF behavior is obvious, can't believe I have to explain this obviousness. I'm glad there are people that type Goku ENFP correctly out there so I don't have to stress it, but this will be my last major post on this issue. Dragon Ball fans need to go back and read the series from chapter 1 and analyze and respect the character, he's not that bad a father not perfect but not bad, he's RECKLESS not SELFISH, and he's an idealistic character that matured overtime as the show progressed. Please world reunderstand the true character of Son Goku accurately the ENFP hero who inspired the other ENFP heroes after in shonen jump, thanks for your time.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 so/sx
430 Posts
People that say he loves to fight forget he's a saiyan and that's the reason he loves fighting and combat, Vegeta is Si user and LOVES to FIGHT, he's ISTJ and is OBSSESSED with Fighting! stop stereotyping Se with love to fight only! Ne and other users can love to fight too, Goku is obsessed with fighting because of SAIYAN BLOOD, he's been an NF since chapter 1. He has an innocent heart. His Ne inspires people the entire series like ENFPs tend to do and is very innocent and a PURE OF HEART character. NFs in Real life aren't complete angels but this is fiction and in fiction the closest temperament to be pure and heart, nice, and idealistic is the NF temperant. Remember the devil may beam didn't phase him AT ALL, Goku letting go of Raditz tail is another example NF and ENFP stereotypes of trusting people too much, my ENFP friend in Real life did this in high school, I'm not knocking you actual ENFPs out there that are not this naive and can read people btw I'm just making a point on a ENFP stereotype for evidence/argument sake in fiction. Goku is innocent and acts like an NF and ENFP the ENTIRE series. Just go back and watch dbz kai/manga people its not that hard to realize Goku's an NF and fights and lives by his ideals like an NF does. ENFPs are dumbed in fiction alot as well to explain the intelligence side not all but a fair amount are, that's just how it is especially in anime. Goku's loves to fight because of saiyan blood just like Vegeta and Si user! and all the other saiyans, Goku's ENFP people need to accept that just like those ISTJ Elsa fans need to accept Elsa is INFJ lol, use logic when you type character internet. If this keeps up Harry Potter is gonna be ESTP lol, he's ISFP btw. I have more evidence of course for Goku but there's my short answer on why he's ENFP to keep it short and sweet, everyone knows he's ENFP, people just love to dispute other types all the time and mix up ENFPs and ESFPs all the time for some reason on the internet, which I despise. It's not that hard to tell the difference between them when you see it. Goku's innocence, naivity, and unconditional kindness is very NF and ENFP, he doesn't act like a Sensor or SP like Yamcha for example. People don't respect Dragon Ball enough and Goku enough to take the franchise and character seriously, they need to watch the japanese dub and manga and analyze people like SaiyanZ3 videos on youtube to understand the series. The Funimation dub on Toonami was bad an inaccurate, theres more to this character than eating, fighting and friends and thats it. And not saying ESFPs can't have depth either in fiction, the main character from Slam Dunk is ESFP and he's an amazing character. Kuwabara is ESFP as well from Yu Yu Hakusho and he's my fav character, look characters like that and compare it to Goku and you'll suddenly realize the NF and SP differences there and see why Goku's NF behavior is obvious, can't believe I have to explain this obviousness. I'm glad there are people that type Goku ENFP correctly out there so I don't have to stress it, but this will be my last major post on this issue. Dragon Ball fans need to go back and read the series from chapter 1 and analyze and respect the character, he's not that bad a father not perfect but not bad, he's RECKLESS not SELFISH, and he's an idealistic character that matured overtime as the show progressed. Please world reunderstand the true character of Son Goku accurately the ENFP hero who inspired the other ENFP heroes after in shonen jump, thanks for your time.
Innocence + naivety + pure of heart does not equate to NF. So what are these NF ideals Goku lives by? To make it easier can you tell me what your integration of Goku is based on the Japanese dub and how it relates to MBTI?

Goku's focus is mainly on the present moment and when he intends to look and interact with objects as they appear. He does not try to look beyond the object and conceptualise the abstract potential all possibilities behind it like a Ne-user. Goku seeks to explore the nature of concrete aesthetic experience and so he trains his body and mind so they are aligned so that he can appreciate that particular aspect of life. Goku is not the type of person who entertains ideas and imagines the possibilities behind them, he needs hands-on-experience. An NFP would would get restless if they were unable to entertain possibilities because Ne likes to overthink things. Goku does not appeal to other people's imagination or idealism himself when sending a point forward, he tells the facts as they are. 'Gohan is dead and so is Vegeta, nothing we can do'. Goku has more of a tendency to leap upon singular conclusions rather than waffle like a Ne-user who is prone to seeing all the possibilities and thus slower to reach conclusions. Goku as he ages becomes better at figuring out meaning and more prone to considering futuristic implications beyond the current moment- understanding how because his presence previously attracted threats to Earth, it is better he stay dead + understanding that the Earth should rely on its own future generation to protect it rather than rely on himself (Ni development). Si development would look like a greater capacity to slow down in the search for idealistic possibilities and showing more appreciate of the concrete details involved. What is Goku's greatest strength as a character? An awareness of what is realistic, being in tune with the limitations of his body and in knowing the importance of taking care through resting it so that he can focus his energy towards being in one with the environment. You can argue Ne but the easiest answer is generally the best. Where does Goku see the possibilities of the situation and dealing with abstract potential vs just doing it?

I also initially thought that Vegeta was an ISTJ. He didn’t like people and constantly withdrew from them. But then I thought about it and realised just how reckless and opportunistic Vegeta can get especially when he is more unhealthy.Vegeta does not have an IxxJ’s struggle against change and adaption. His is not on how scary the future is and the need to feel prepared by following past methods that have worked to maintain a sense of security. Vegeta also never attempts seems interested to recreate any similar structure or hierarchy of Saiyans on Earth. Vegeta’s greatest conflict would be the divide between Te and Fi, how he has to constantly be taking action and achieving something while suppressing his emotions in the process, viewing them as ‘weak’. Vegeta also seems fixed and focus on a single goal at a time- whether that is to overthrow Freeza or surpassing Goku. He is absolutely motivated by having an idealistic vision yet for himself in his life and wanting to make it a reality. Begets often struggles with knowing the limits of his own body, instead focused on the end result. An Si dom tends to be naturally at turned towards the needs of their body due to internalised sensory processing. Vegeta in the Cell saga appears to be in a Te-Se loop. Wanting to take action in the external right and hedonistically jumping on opportunities in front of him. Thus I conclude ENTJ.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Goku esxp
Vegeta intj
Krillin isfj
Gohan esfj
Piccalo intj
Yamcha estp
Tien istp
Chow su isfp
Chi chi estj
Bulma entx
Roshy estp
Freeza entj
Nappa istj
Boo estp
Cell entj
Mr satan estj
Trunks istp
Oolong esfp
Broly entj
Raditz entj
Gynu estj
Launch xstp
Pilof infj
Goten estp
Pan estp
Po po entj
King ki entp

·
Registered
344 Posts
Innocence + naivety + pure of heart does not equate to NF.
THIS.

He has an innocent heart. His Ne inspires people the entire series like ENFPs tend to do and is very innocent and a PURE OF HEART character. NFs in Real life aren't complete angels but this is fiction and in fiction the closest temperament to be pure and heart, nice, and idealistic is the NF temperant. Remember the devil may beam didn't phase him AT ALL, Goku letting go of Raditz tail is another example NF and ENFP stereotypes of trusting people too much, my ENFP friend in Real life did this in high school, I'm not knocking you actual ENFPs out there that are not this naive and can read people btw I'm just making a point on a ENFP stereotype for evidence/argument sake in fiction. Goku is innocent and acts like an NF and ENFP the ENTIRE series. Just go back and watch dbz kai/manga people its not that hard to realize Goku's an NF and fights and lives by his ideals like an NF does. ENFPs are dumbed in fiction alot as well to explain the intelligence side not all but a fair amount are, that's just how it is especially in anime.
Alot of what you're explaining here is Fi, not NF. People try to attribute idealism to the NFs specifically, but the logic is flawed. Idealism is standard for any high functioning Fi user. Any Fi user that has not been burnt and thus jaded will be naturally inclined to trust others, lift people up on a pedestal, and etc. Innocence, naivety, and unconditional kindness can all easily be attributed to an Fi user, and not an NF specifically. Also, you're saying that ENFPs tend to be dumbed down in fiction, but I would counter that and say that ESFPs are actually the ones that tend to be dumbed down in fiction, being made out to be only interested in momentary pleasures and fighting. I've only just recently started watching Dragon Ball but thus far I haven't seen any signs of him displaying Ne. He seems generally focused on what's right in front him, the next fight, the next goal, the next meal, or whatever, and not interested in exploring/entertaining anything beyond fighting. (An ENFP can certainly be interested in fighting, but I would expect a bit more of a diversity of interests...more exploration) I also don't know why people think that only ENFPs can inspire others. I think ESFPs are just as capable of inspiring others. Although, I'm betting an ENFP is prone to doing it through words, while an ESFP is prone to doing it through actions. Does Goku inspire others through words or action?

Kuwabara is ESFP as well from Yu Yu Hakusho and he's my fav character
I'm not sure I agree with this, but since this isn't a thread about Yu Yu Hakusho, I won't go there.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Vegeta also seems fixed and focus on a single goal at a time- whether that is to overthrow Freeza or surpassing Goku. He is absolutely motivated by having an idealistic vision yet for himself in his life and wanting to make it a reality.
Curious - are you calling this Ni or Te or a combo of the two?

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 so/sx
430 Posts
Curious - are you calling this Ni or Te or a combo of the two?
I would say it is a combination of the two.
Vegeta's Te-Ni makes him more fixated on having a clear vision of the future in order for him to feel motivated towards action. He pursues them aggressively and single-mindedly, leaping on opportunities even though they provide risk (Ni-Se). Prior to invading Earth, he never conceived of challenging Frieza at that point of time because he knew he was not strong enough. On Earth he loses Raditz and Nappa but discovers the potential behind Zenkai Boosts. He hears that Frieza is hunting for Dragon Balls on Namek and rushes there, fighting multiple opponents one after another. Even though he was fighting henchmen that were stronger than him (Transformed Carbon, Ginyu Force), he figured that he would take advantage of Zenkai Boosts to get stronger. While this could be attributed simply due to Vegeta's arrogance, not once did he show any lower Ne fear of too many many things that could go wrong (for an ESTJ). Everything he does for half the series is aimed towards surpassing and defeating Goku and he is always fixated on it, never truly concerned about the details involved.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I would say it is a combination of the two.
Vegeta's Te-Ni makes him more fixated on having a clear vision of the future in order for him to feel motivated towards action. He pursues them aggressively and single-mindedly, leaping on opportunities even though they provide risk (Ni-Se). Prior to invading Earth, he never conceived of challenging Frieza at that point of time because he knew he was not strong enough. On Earth he loses Raditz and Nappa but discovers the potential behind Zenkai Boosts. He hears that Frieza is hunting for Dragon Balls on Namek and rushes there, fighting multiple opponents one after another. Even though he was fighting henchmen that were stronger than him (Transformed Carbon, Ginyu Force), he figured that he would take advantage of Zenkai Boosts to get stronger. While this could be attributed simply due to Vegeta's arrogance, not once did he show any lower Ne fear of too many many things that could go wrong (for an ESTJ). Everything he does for half the series is aimed towards surpassing and defeating Goku and he is always fixated on it, never truly concerned about the details involved.
Hmmm ok. I've never much liked the Ni "clear vision of the future" line of logic. The way it's handled frequently makes it sound like ambition is tied to Ni, and that Si users don't set clear goals for their future... I do not find either to be accurate. I have met ambitious ISTJs who were mistaken for INTJs due to their pursuit of clear cut, longterm goals, while I tend to see INFJs as not having a lot of ambition in that sense, which suggests that it's all more tied to Te. I can easily see the Te doms as being aggressive, single-minded, and action focused, especially considering them being an extroverted dominant. Although this is not me arguing that Vegeta is not an ENTJ... He very well could be. I have yet to watch enough Dragon Ball Z to form my own opinion, but he certainly strikes like a Te Dom.

Given that Vegeta is essentially from a warrior race I wouldn't expect tertiary Ne to show up as fear but more like caution... coming up with all the possible ways any plans might go wrong, making him possibly appear a bit more calculated than an ENTJ might. You've of course pointed out that he seems more prone to take risks, rather than being cautious which does imply tertiary Se. Although, it's logical to assume an ESTJ will be less cautious than an ISTJ, so I do wonder to what extent the difference will be.

Obviously it's much more preferrable to derive evidence from the data processing methods of Ni vs Si but I know these shows are not always nuanced enough to portray that type of information.

... And after rereading everything I just wrote, I swear I'm not trying to be difficult lol. I'm just speculating out loud. >. >

Reactions: Pensive Fine

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 so/sx
430 Posts
Majin Buu I think is ESFP. Generally taking things at face value and being active in exploring the tangible aspects of the world. Generally does not think of the consequences, wanting to liven the moment. He is quite sensitive in his emotions and is generally willing to consider appeals regarding morality as simplistic as he processes it, being willing to listen to Mr Satan without feeling a need to scrutinise his argument like an ESTP might. Upon this, he resorts to never kill again and generally has a strong need to keep to his promises.

As for enneagram- 7w8-8w7-2w3 (The Free Spirit).
Constantly looking for fun experiences to pursue in the external world, generally preferring a carefree approach to life and in just wanting their to be satisfied/content- whether that comes in food or combat. He tends to treat life like an entertaining game. Yet tends to lose controls fairly easily when being threatened or insulted, being unafraid to show and react upon aggression. He did not like the idea of being controlled by Babidi, eventually killing him upon being tired of feeling restricted. Buu had no problem engaging with random acts like healing the eyes of a blind boy and upon realising he likes helping people, gives him some carton of milk (albeit through turning someone into it).

I'm starting to doubt my previous typing of Mr Satan as ESFJ. Is he truly that emotionally attuned to the environment around him? I mean he does show a lot of lower Ne in his worrying but still...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm starting to doubt my previous typing of Mr Satan as ESFJ. Is he truly that emotionally attuned to the environment around him? I mean he does show a lot of lower Ne in his worrying but still...
So I know alot of people want to prescribe a bunch of the really negative/unhealthy tendencies to one's tertiary function, but I've found that usually the really negative tendencies come out in specifically the inferior, and the tertiary is used more playfully or mischievously. For instance, EXTPs typically use Fe to poke, jab, provoke, and argue with people rather than fearing what others think of them or feeling compelled to comply to social rules. With the ESXJs, I see tertiary Ne come out as playful wit rather than a bunch of worrying. Obviously they can worry like any other type and when they do so it'll probably be in an Ne way, but I find that holds true to anyone with Ne in their stack, no matter the position. Whereas all those with Ni, worry in an Ni way.

Mr. Satan certainly appears to have Fe so I guess the question is... Is he an EXTP or an EXFJ?

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 so/sx
430 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
That’s bmuddy120, a user on PerC. They have proclaimed the whole ENFP argument for Goku and Luffy many times. Funny I now think Goku, Luffy and Naruto are all ESFPs.
Heh, yeah, I mean, I speculate back and forth on Luffy. An argument does exist for him to be an ENFP... Plus, another thing I think about with extroverts is that maybe in some ways they can be more physical, even the intuition doms, simply because extroversion will drive them to interact in the external world. (It seems logical to me) And I think sometimes the tendency is to make any physical action about Se, and to make Ne naturally more cerebral and I don't really agree with either. Luffy could potentially just be a dumb ENFP. BUT, I'm not really interested in discussing Luffy nor am I interested in derailing this thread. When it comes to Goku, however, a good argument for ENFP just doesn't exist. He appears to be about as stereotypical as an ESFP can be. Same with Naruto.

I just find it amusing that any thread about any "ENFP" protagonist ends up (more often than not) boiling down to an argument over Goku.

I had another thought about this. There is a form Fe dom that I have observed that is rather oblivious and self-centered which I've seen people mistake for Fi... Hmm.. how can I make this not sound rambly...
So, Fe desires validation, but so does Fi, and just like how I mentioned in some earlier conversation with you, both can be fake, but the scenarios are different. Fi users gone wrong will conceive an ideal image of themselves which is inconsistent with reality and present that to the world, and then try to get others to agree with their own self-interpretation. Whereas, Fe users gone wrong tend to draw any possible attention to themselves that they can, and in the process can end being many different people depending on the scenario. That's how they become "fake" in comparison with how I described an Fi user become fake. Fe users like that are frequently not in tune with the social environment beyond how it's directly affecting them. They have this tendency to turn every conversation into a conversation about themselves as a desperate attempt for validation and attention. Mr. Satan definitely has that fake persona that he puts forward, but is it out of idealism? He doesn't really strike that way. I really need to watch more Dragon Ball, but glancing over a wiki page on his personality, he sounds more Fe than Fi... when I'm seeing it mention stuff like generosity, over protectiveness, forgetting at times that he hasn't done all the grand things that he claims (losing himself in the act)....

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 so/sx
430 Posts
Is there any chance to Piccolo is not an INTJ? Yes he sort of does fit the stereotype of put cold, stoic, calculating tactician who doesn't like people but is he an Ni-dom? I have yet to see people put forth much evidence to prove it aside from assuming it based on the vibe.
Interesting to look at the portrayal of the younger Piccolo in Dragon Ball back when he strongly identified with King Piccolo. Baring in mind that of course Nail and Kami's influence upon him makes his cognition a bit harder to actually understand.

I think back to the moment after the Dragon Team were defeated by the androids and Piccolo was insistent that he was still 'evil' and how he was going to take over the world. Why put on that facade I wonder? Perhaps is it is because by making the decision to fuse with Kami, he may have to let go of all the evil inside of him and he feels like he would lose a sense of identity? Piccolo is someone who does contemplate his identity quite a bit. He is insistent to be brought back to Namek whilst in King Kai's world not only to fight and restore Kami/Dragon Balls, but also because of Frieza's slaughter of Namekians. He had barely known his people up till this point but part of him feels drawn towards seeking this part of his identity out.

I don't even know how this is relevant. He doesn't seem like a Ne-user seemingly focused on one thing at a time and he has that blunt brutality of a Te-user (his methods for training Gohan initially being necessary for the sake of needing his manpower). Alright that does fit INTJ, but where is the Ni-dom ness?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Is there any chance to Piccolo is not an INTJ? Yes he sort of does fit the stereotype of put cold, stoic, calculating tactician who doesn't like people but is he an Ni-dom? I have yet to see people put forth much evidence to prove it aside from assuming it based on the vibe.
Interesting to look at the portrayal of the younger Piccolo in Dragon Ball back when he strongly identified with King Piccolo. Baring in mind that of course Nail and Kami's influence upon him makes his cognition a bit harder to actually understand.

I think back to the moment after the Dragon Team were defeated by the androids and Piccolo was insistent that he was still 'evil' and how he was going to take over the world. Why put on that facade I wonder? Perhaps is it is because by making the decision to fuse with Kami, he may have to let go of all the evil inside of him and he feels like he would lose a sense of identity? Piccolo is someone who does contemplate his identity quite a bit. He is insistent to be brought back to Namek whilst in King Kai's world not only to fight and restore Kami/Dragon Balls, but also because of Frieza's slaughter of Namekians. He had barely known his people up till this point but part of him feels drawn towards seeking this part of his identity out.

I don't even know how this is relevant. He doesn't seem like a Ne-user seemingly focused on one thing at a time and he has that blunt brutality of a Te-user (his methods for training Gohan initially being necessary for the sake of needing his manpower). Alright that does fit INTJ, but where is the Ni-dom ness?
I always saw ISTJ for Piccolo actually. He doesn't appear to have Ni going on. ISTJ fits singular focus just as well with only inferior Ne, and he most certainly has high Te. And I know you might say that he doesn't seem security oriented enough, but it's completely possible for an ISTJ who thinks he's all powerful and undefeatable to appear to act more impulsive and less security oriented simply because he believes himself to be safe. ISTJ seems to fit well in the way he trains Gohan.. watching over him directly the whole time even when Gohan was supposed to be surviving alone. ISTJ also seems to fit in Dragon Ball Super, and he keeps practically raising Goku's children for him with seems more ISTJ to me than INTJ. I also seem to remember him having a very straightforward approach to killing Goku at first.. There was no complex underhanded manipulative plan, just joined a tournament to face off against people individually which ultimately put him up against Goku. Of course, you could pull him inheriting his father's will as Si but that's weak at best, along with him clinging to his desire for revenge for a long time so far as to decide to train Gohan so he could get revenge on Goku through him.

·
Registered
344 Posts
So, I'm struggling a bit with Dragon Ball because I feel like the characters are lacking depth... some more than others.
Usually, I can just kind of watch something and get an impression of a character, which usually leads me into the ball park of what their type is.. which I then work backwards from to produce the logic and examples... Not that you needed to know that, but the point is, usually I can look at a character and have a type spring to mind as my starting point, essentially. I then test out that theory and then compare the character against other potentials... That's not working so well for me in Dragon Ball Z. Some characters maybe, but for instance, Krillin was specifically drawing a blank for me... but after a few minutes of conscious thought, my brain wants to put him in the SFJ spectrum, but I'm seeing a lot of people try to call him an ESFP... and that just doesn't seem quite right.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 so/sx
430 Posts
So, I'm struggling a bit with Dragon Ball because I feel like the characters are lacking depth... some more than others.
Usually, I can just kind of watch something and get an impression of a character, which usually leads me into the ball park of what their type is.. which I then work backwards from to produce the logic and examples... Not that you needed to know that, but the point is, usually I can look at a character and have a type spring to mind as my starting point, essentially. I then test out that theory and then compare the character against other potentials... That's not working so well for me in Dragon Ball Z. Some characters maybe, but for instance, Krillin was specifically drawing a blank for me... but after a few minutes of conscious thought, my brain wants to put him in the SFJ spectrum, but I'm seeing a lot of people try to call him an ESFP... and that just doesn't seem quite right.
I had the same sense too. I too felt Krillin was hard to type. Definitely not an ESFP, completely different from Goku. A Fe-user I would say. As a kid he seemed quite different compared to how he was as an adult.

341 - 359 of 359 Posts