Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love trying to figure out my dreams. and nightmares. I believe that there are subconscious reasons for why certain things came up in my dreams. maybe a situation or event that has been bothering me. and my subconscious is sort of acting it out or anticipating it. And sometimes, certain animals may come up to represent a certain emotion. ive googled interpretations of my dreams before, and it's interesting to see how psychologists say that a certain animal can be representative of a certain emotion. Like one time, i had a dream about ants or spiders or something, crawling in a HUGE gathering, sprawling, crawling all over the floor, covering it until it was black. During this time, i had a lot of anxieties and concerns that kept me from sleeping, and the interpretation were that bugs in dreams often represent anxieties crawling up on your mind.

anyway, just thought id throw it out there. how about any of you guys? any dreams recently that you thought were interesting? have you guys tried interpreting them or relating them to certain events in your live?

i had a dream today when i took a nap, it was so strange. I couldnt see myself, but i was in a shallow body of water, and i think it was muddy with murky water, hard to see. and i had a fish in my hand, and i had to skin the fish completely so that the only thing i could see was the fish's organs and internal system. Imagine the human body without the skin/bones. but the eyes were still there and the fish was still alive. In the dream, i guess i was looking for something, and i felt bad for the fish and inside i was saying "i am sorry, but i have to do this" and then i gently put the fish down, and i saw it flapping and then swimming/disappearing away, and i think i went on to find the fish i was looking for, or find something. SO STRANGE. i couldnt figure this one out at all.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
yea :p i always have a habit of going through my dreams before i get out of bed

sometimes they are random but there are times when i just know there is a message. if i get this wrong, it repeats itself in my dream every night till i recognize that there is a theme.

the interesting thing that has been happening in my dreams is that i get text. normally i don't read in my dreams but lately i will actually stop in front of something and pause for a while to read, letter by letter and then 'memorize' it. i have got a couple of japanese words like "yuukoku" which means patriotism or evening. i hadn't heard of this word before. at the moment i don't have any ideas to what it connects to, except that i think it is random for now..and eventually i feel it will be something i use in the future.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i feel like there is a message behind everyhing, and perhaps i feel that my gut feeling/intuition is trying to say something to me , so i feel alarms going off. i admit, the dream about the fish is really bothering me right now because i have no idea what it means!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've been having nightmares lately. I didn't remember any of my dreams over these past few days except one.

I was in a random place (irrelevant) with one of my good friends and my boyfriend of 3 months. We were all smiling (looking back at it they were sort of creepy smiles...) and happy and at peace. I was for once in a long while relaxed and not worrying about anything. Then my friend kissed him on the cheek in a romantic, couply way. Instead of being shocked, surprised , or anything like that, I was still happy...

In real life I probably would have been freaking out and stressing and worrying about what exactly it meant for days. If anyone has ideas of what this means... advice would be helpful :)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i had a dream today when i took a nap, it was so strange. I couldnt see myself, but i was in a shallow body of water, and i think it was muddy with murky water, hard to see. and i had a fish in my hand, and i had to skin the fish completely so that the only thing i could see was the fish's organs and internal system. Imagine the human body without the skin/bones. but the eyes were still there and the fish was still alive. In the dream, i guess i was looking for something, and i felt bad for the fish and inside i was saying "i am sorry, but i have to do this" and then i gently put the fish down, and i saw it flapping and then swimming/disappearing away, and i think i went on to find the fish i was looking for, or find something. SO STRANGE. i couldnt figure this one out at all.
nap dreams are weird. They're not as deep as others, generally more lucid (unless you achieved deep sleep during this nap)
symbolism that can be looked up
-murkey water
-skinned alive
-searching

I think you feel like you're missing something inside yourself, and you want to be looking for it, but you don't know where to start.

I was in a random place (irrelevant) with one of my good friends and my boyfriend of 3 months. We were all smiling (looking back at it they were sort of creepy smiles...) and happy and at peace. I was for once in a long while relaxed and not worrying about anything. Then my friend kissed him on the cheek in a romantic, couply way. Instead of being shocked, surprised , or anything like that, I was still happy...
There isn't enough detail here to make any accurate guesses. I'd say that you might feel like you're a replacement for somebody in this relationship, that he might have eyes for someone else, but because you're there, he won't leave (one of those balance issues in a relationship). I don't know enough about your life to say that this is an accurate guess though, and there isn't enough real symbolism (without knowing about you or your friends) for me to draw something like above.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I had a dream that I was picking hallucinogenic mushrooms and ate one only to die two weeks later. lol But then again I was researching mushroom picking for a few hours last night so it's no surprise.

·
Registered
849 Posts
YAYA dream interp!

Water represents the mental state of most people. Water levels show the depth of that state. Water clarity reflects the emotion of that state. (ie. if someone was drowning in muddy water they're likely overcome by depression. If swimming in clear calm water it means they're experiencing emotional clarity. If the water is boiling it indicates tension. If there's a waterfall it indicates release.)
For you... you're likely dealing with a shallow negativity or clouded thinking.

If you catch a fish it usually means you just figured out something significant about yourself. Normally exposing organs means you're manipulating something or using it for your own personal gain. But in this case I think it means you thought you figured something out about yourself but after dissecting it you realized it's not you. Either way it caused you to "gently put the fish down, and watch it flap and then swim/disappear away" and then go on to find the fish you were looking for.

Honestly, it could be your "INFJ"-ness. Have you been dissecting your personality ad nauseum lately? maybe you thought you were an INFJ, you dissected the concept, but it caused a minor emotional fogginess/clouded thinking and you have a feeling you're not INFJ at all. Maybe you are an INFJ but your interpretation of what "INFJ" is not true to who you are. Maybe there's something else you need to discover about yourself.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I had a dream that I was picking hallucinogenic mushrooms and ate one only to die two weeks later. lol But then again I was researching mushroom picking for a few hours last night so it's no surprise.
I think it means you became more spiritual after dabbling in hallucinogenics. Which is true for you, I remember this from another post. If you die in a dream you're becoming more enlightened or spiritual in your waking life.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I have not heard of this Hanna Montana on Salvia story. More more! lol Some people love it and some people hate it, and others (myself) are indifferent to it. I'm guessing she hated it?

And I've yet to try shrooms or lsd but it's on the list.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
For the fish dream, I'd imagine that it represents your unintentionally hurting someone, becoming aware of this and finally releasing them so that they are relieved of the pain or able to die peacefully. Idk, kinda dark and gloomy but that's what I got from it. :D

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I was going to post a new thread, but then I thought it would fit well here. I'm a seeker by nature, so I constantly battle in my head the pro's and con's for God's existence. Anyway, last night I was thinking how God never speaks to people anymore and I had a thought He used to speak in dreams (according to the Bible). So I prayed that I would have a vision as I was falling asleep at 2am last night. I woke up in the worst sweats I've ever had, with the most intense dream I've had yet. It was akin to a Salvia trip, the only thing I've encountered that was remotely simliar (in feeling). It felt like hours and hours, and upon waking I was sure it was at least 8am. It was 3:30. I wrote this up on my phone at that time for reference:

Went to bed at 2. Woke up at 3 30. Drenched sheets. Had a "vision." Before going to sleep I prayed for God to speak to me in a vision. As I'm writing this three single tears fell down my face trying to shield the light eminating from my phone. The final thoughts: self discovery is a process that takes a long time and God is beyond patient. Had a dream that I was trying to help a lost puppy get home. After searching for hours, I heard the puppy cry and talk in my voice. I was the puppy. The dream felt like hours. I was sure I had been asleep for at least six hours before looking at the time. The final thought was etched for lack of a better word in my mind. I now realize I had been thinking thoughts akin to this the entire dream, but this final one was the culmination of the experience. It felt more surreal and vivid than anything else. In fact it was hallucinogenic in nature. It felt like I was back in Salvia land. At the end after I had searched everywhere to help this puppy, someone else had to come along and help.
I had used up my 1000 character limit so that's all I wrote last night. It took me over an hour to fall back asleep since I was wide awake at that point. I wish I could remember more details of the dream (it reminded me of Being John Malkovich a lot) as it was really trippy. The entire dream I had been following the dog around thinking I was someone else, but in the end I realized I was looking at it from an out of body experience and I was in fact the dog. As soon as I realized this I immediately woke up. I'll have to think on this more but I wanted to share.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There isn't enough detail here to make any accurate guesses. I'd say that you might feel like you're a replacement for somebody in this relationship, that he might have eyes for someone else, but because you're there, he won't leave (one of those balance issues in a relationship). I don't know enough about your life to say that this is an accurate guess though, and there isn't enough real symbolism (without knowing about you or your friends) for me to draw something like above.
Hm.. Well if this helps, everyone thought that he liked her before he asked me out. They all said they would look so cute together and she kind of threw herself at him. Now that we're a couple, he's always reminding me of how much he loves me etc. However, lately he's been a little upset because I lack greatly at showing affection, especially at school (I've been trying soo hard to open up and for a while I thought I did! But I guess my walls are being rebuilt. Reasons for this may be because he told me he wanted me to tell him everything, so I tried... But now that I've let so much out I feel vulnerable, stupid, and just horrible about myself because I'm starting to feel so messed up) :sad: If this helps any, I'd love to hear if my dream meant anything...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
the dream premise makes a lot more sense now, it being a direct reflection of what you feel at the moment.

-You feel like you're not being fair to him. This links with the symbolism of the kissing girl who can give him the 'fairness' you think he 'deserves'
-You feel that there's a balance issue in the relationship, that maybe you're not making him happy enough. The relevant symbolism being that you were still happy - because he was happy.

These are normal INFJ feelings. In fact, they're normal INTJ feelings as well (dammit, you're sounding a lot like my past gf).

Remind yourself that you're worth it. That he does love you, and he wants to know that you love him back. Maybe he can't see it in your eyes, even though you do care - but sometimes, you just need to show him, confidently, with the small things, with the big things. These are the things I didn't have, which led to a greater rift later because she didn't show me in a way I understood, she didn't tell me the secrets she was holding because she thought she was strange, out of place, weird.

You're not weird. If he truly cares, he's asking because he wants to love every part of you, to understand you. Because lord knows, men and women don't understand each other very much. And he wants to know how to best be at your side, and this is a reaction to the perceived lack of affection. Don't let this be the thing to drive you apart (because it can, even though its so frivolous).

Sorry, I'm projecting here. My loss was hard.

-Chris

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow.. Thank you sooooo much. You don't know how much this helps. I hope you don't mind me asking... but do you have any advice for me to show affection in public? A lot of people (new news to me :tongue:) say that we're gonna go too far *shudders* Even though I'd never do that!!! But I also don't want him to think I don't love him anymore... I don't know how to find a middle ground :sad:

And I'm sorry for your loss...

·
Registered
145 Posts
I do the same with my dreams, I always think and analyze them but when i tell other people my dreams or other personality types for that matter I tend to get the response"its nothing but what you last thought,saw, or heard, before you went to bed"

For me i have noticed my fears & insecirties come out when I analyze. Does anybody get a dejvu feeling. Like what you dream has happened before, or what you dream in some context actually came true.

Example: had a dream I fell off my bike and my teeth fell out.. and then that same day was on my skateboard and I chipped my tooth really bad hitting the pavement hard...

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I used to dream something and later witness it all the time as a kid. My Ni was through the roof from birth it seems. I never could define it this clearly until MBTI. Ni is basically your subconscious. Anyone with Ni can access it better than someone with Si. Dreams are your subconscious emerging. So it makes sense that INFJ's would all share similar experiences regarding deja vu. My dad experienced it also (INFJ) and would convince himself it was coincidence. I tend to think it's more than that, but what exactly I am not sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a disturbing/awesome dream a few years ago.this was back when i was doing a lot of work with my dreams, and would write them down every morning, so i remember the dream clearly.

in the dream: i entered a small house, filled with boxes, some stacked to the ceiling, but this was a witch's house. next to her bed among the boxes was her spell book, i sat on the bed and practiced some of the spells, changed some passing by ant's colors with a wave of a finger. but after doing that, I HAD TO GET OUT OF THERE. i went to leave, but the door was blocked by boxes, a man was in the room next to the door, he told me to just lift the axe off the boxes. the door swung open, boxes attached to it. i ran out. i was running down the street toward my old elementary school, but the buses were in the wrong place, and i couldnt reach it due to a lake of mud blocking the way. so i went back into the house and ran out of it several more times. then i went in again, this time the witch was home. she was laying on the bed, i walked past her and she sat up and grabbed my arm. i looked at her, she was a monster, looking like her body was covered with stolen skin from other people, and arranged just to look even more horrifying. her grabbing me snapped me into a flashback type of scene in which i was a child accepting a gift from my mother (only i wasnt me, and this was definitely not my mother in real life), and i was grateful for the gift, then i was the brother of the first kid, and received the same gift and was ungrateful for it, my mother then gave me a shotglass of poison, my vision faded to brown and i opened my eyes sitting at a table in front of the witch. this time she was not a monster, she was beautiful, it was the mother from the flashback. here's where the dream gets a bit absurd, sitting across from me at the table she was teaching me how to make pancakes without fire, i ended up making one look like a bow tie because i messed it up so badly. then she took me to the window, which was quite a window lol. it was a wall of glass, with 3 parts like half a hexagon. outside of the window was a beautiful landscape. we ended up flying over it and everything was in such stunning quality that i started to become aware that i was dreaming. and as usual when that happens my vision in the dream tends to turn off and i sit there trying to open my eyes and wake up soon after.

so that's the dream. i've spent years thinking about it and am pretty sure of the meaning of everything, but i thought it share it because it might be interesting, but i wont bore you with my interpretation, it should be fairly obvious.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts